Who is the superbowl for?

dib

It certainly isnt the average fan.

Ticket price as advertised this morning 6,800$ for a mediocre seat.

Taste of the NFL 600$

Soda at the NFL experience 3$ (This is what my son told me)

The list goes on and on. It's a shame the average fan cant go to the game.

BTW for those 10,000$ ticket holders, it's supposed to rain Sunday.

It certainly isnt the average fan.

Ticket price as advertised this morning 6,800$ for a mediocre seat.

Taste of the NFL 600$

Soda at the NFL experience 3$ (This is what my son told me)

The list goes on and on. It's a shame the average fan cant go to the game.

BTW for those 10,000$ ticket holders, it's supposed to rain Sunday.

And no tailgaiting. The NFL loves it's fans.

I have no idea how you would do it, but while watching the World Series this year I started thinking how much better the Super Bowl game itself would be by having some factor contribute to one team getting home field for the game.

It's a very unlikely scenario, I know, because a city has to do a lot of prep work and hotels need to be blocked out, etc., but it would just be great to have this game played in either Indy or Chicago based on some factor or another.

it would just be great to have this game played in either Indy or Chicago based on some factor or another.

If only there was a way...[cue the cosmic music as the screen melts into my vision...]

A lingerie bowl between hotties from each city? Winning city gets the homefield? With a panel of judges headed up by yours truly deciding on the overall hotness of each squad, and awarding 7 points at the beginning of the game to the better looking team.

If only there was a way...[cue the cosmic music as the screen melts into my vision...]

A lingerie bowl between hotties from each city? Winning city gets the homefield? With a panel of judges headed up by yours truly deciding on the overall hotness of each squad, and awarding 7 points at the beginning of the game to the better looking team.

3 points for each torn teddy that results in a flash?

I have no idea how you would do it, but while watching the World Series this year I started thinking how much better the Super Bowl game itself would be by having some factor contribute to one team getting home field for the game.

It's a very unlikely scenario, I know, because a city has to do a lot of prep work and hotels need to be blocked out, etc., but it would just be great to have this game played in either Indy or Chicago based on some factor or another.

I always thought the winning super bowl team should get to host the game the following year. That way you are rewarding a team's city that contributes to the value of the NFL product. I never understood how crap, losing teams (like the Fins, Chargers, Detroit, Cards, etc.) get so many Super Bowls and those cities reap all the benefits even though they added little to nothing to the NFL product.

In the last forty years, things have really changed.

For Super Bowl I, you could get in the game for $12.00. That's right, twelve singles. Even taking inflation into account, that's around sixty dollars today...about what a normal NFL game costs.

And you could get in...the 90,000 seat Los Angeles Coliseum had over 28,000 empty seats (game attendance under 62,000).

The halftime entertainment consisted of the marching bands from the University of Michigan and the University of Arizona.

Finally, the game was broadcast on two networks at the same time...NBC and CBS. Unfortunately, no tapes seem to exist of the first Super Bowl.

Today, the corporate types want to be wined and dined and entertained in their own plush skyboxes far removed from the working people that buy the bleacher tickets, drink beer, and cheer loudly...and also are the primary audience for the sponsors' products.

Someday, the NFL will realize they are losing the market that made them billions in the first place. :worthy: