Best movie you have rented recently...

RayFinkle

"Idiocracy", which was written and directed by Mike Judge of "Office Space" fame.

This film was never even given a chance in theaters...the plot summary is an average soldier is signed up for an experiment where he will be asleep for one year. The experiment is forgotten about, and he wakes up in the year 2505 to find that society has become so dumbed down that he is easily the smartest person on Earth.

Good movie.

"Idiocracy", which was written and directed by Mike Judge of "Office Space" fame.

This film was never even given a chance in theaters...the plot summary is an average soldier is signed up for an experiment where he will be asleep for one year. The experiment is forgotten about, and he wakes up in the year 2505 to find that society has become so dumbed down that he is easily the smartest person on Earth.

Good movie.

Sounds like every morning of my life.

Sounds like every morning of my life.

:blink:

Seriously, Fox decided to dump "Idiocracy" in about seven theaters, with no press kits, no trailers, no posters, and no advertising. Pretty rotten way to treat Mike Judge, who's made them millions because of "King of the Hill" and several million "Office Space" DVDs.

I'm a fan of Judge's, so I guess I'm prejudiced.

Somehow I had never seen Heat. Watched it last weekend...good fun.

That's such a great flick, except for the scene between Pacino and DeNiro, which sounded like it was written by a teenager.

DeNiro: "You know, you-n-me 'er sittin' here like regular guys, but let me tell you that if we ever face off, I will not hesitate...not for one second...to take your life."

Pacino: "Brother, if you-n-me come together in the sweet wet ass time of the morning...brother, make no mistake, brother, you are going down."

:blink::worthy: :worthy:

I recently watched "Over The Hedge." I was reluctant because I was a big fan of the comic strip, but this was a thoroughly enjoyable flick that didn't hesitate to make fun of humans all day long.

Voices from Bruce Willis, Nick Nolte, Jim Carell, Gary Shandling, William Shatner, Eugene Levy, Wanda Sykes.

Great stuff

Another older movie you may have missed that was excellent is Princess Mononoke. It's originally from Japan, but they hired top quality actors to voice the American version. Even my wife, who thought she was going to hate it, loved it.

CW

Who Killed The Electric Car?

Best movie Ive seen this year.

The Decent

Hard to find good horror movies these days. This is a rare gem.

Running Scared

Under the radar movie. Great action and charachters. If you like Reservoir Dogs, True Romance type flicks you'll love this