Bills to get New HD Scoreboard

Lurker

Is the $$$ coming out of Ralph"s personal pocket?

I don't know why it shouldn't. I mean, he has money. Lots of money. Tons of money. Plus, he owes it to everyone to spend his money because he has so much and really, how much do you need? Remember, he started the Bills with a wooden nickel, a paper clip and two sticks, and now years later it's worth 800 gzillion dollars, and he owes it to everyone to spend it all.

Now.

Right now.

No kidding.

I'm probably in the minority, but I love schitt like this. As long as they also work to improve the on-field product, there's nothing wrong with some bells and whistles that make you want to go to the ballpark. Plus, if I'm in the market for a box or some of the club level seats, I like knowing that I'll be looking at a state-of-the-art replay board as well.

The money comes from the state. It's one of the last things that Pataki did I think. About 20 million and it was supposed to go to a new press box as well as the new scoreboard.

The "maintenance fund" is part of the '98 lease. IIRC, the "new" press box will be in the old M&T Bank Club in the corner of the end zone, so the old press box area can be converted into (pricey) new premium seats. Sign of the times, really -- the Ralph was one of the few remaining stadiums that hadn't already moved the media into the back of beyond to make room for upscale seating...

Is the $$$ coming out of Ralph"s personal pocket?

From the article:

just as in 1994, taxpayers will sponsor the upgrades as part of long-term improvement contracts for the county-owned stadium.

Even under a state-appointed control board, the county gives the Bills an annual operating grant, which will reach $3.8 million this year, contributes to game-day expenses and improves the facility, this time with a cutting-edge scoreboard.

I believe its Erie County thats covering it, Its coming from their annual stadium upkeep fund that they pay out for renovations and other things needed to keep the stadium somewhat up to date

In other words it's more corporate wellfare coming from the tax payers pockets. It's a f**king joke that we taxpayers have to buy a billionaire a $5 million TV. The fact that the county pays even a penny to the Bills is a crime against the citizens of Erie County. It's a hard enough battle to rebuild this region without having to fork over millions to a business that already has all expenses paid before they even start their fiscal year.

If Ralph wants a new TV then he should pay for it himself or raise ticket prices to cover the cost. Leave the taxpayers out of it. We have enough real life issues here in WNY to worry about. Real issues like roads, schools and jobs. We don't need a brighter & clearer picture of Loseman throwing a pick for a TD.

This is another step for the Bills towards becoming more of a burden than they are an asset.

In other words it's more corporate wellfare coming from the tax payers pockets. It's a f**king joke that we taxpayers have to buy a billionaire a $5 million TV. The fact that the county pays even a penny to the Bills is a crime against the citizens of Erie County. It's a hard enough battle to rebuild this region without having to fork over millions to a business that already has all expenses paid before they even start their fiscal year.

If Ralph wants a new TV then he should pay for it himself or raise ticket prices to cover the cost. Leave the taxpayers out of it. We have enough real life issues here in WNY to worry about. Real issues like roads, schools and jobs. We don't need a brighter & clearer picture of Loseman throwing a pick for a TD.

This is another step for the Bills towards becoming more of a burden than they are an asset.

Actually, I think I'd pay another $100 if they threw you on field with 3 hungry tigers as halftime entertainment. The extra screen size could come in handy then.

Actually, I think I'd pay another $100 if they threw you on field with 3 hungry tigers as halftime entertainment. The extra screen size could come in handy then.

Don't let Loseman throw me. The hungry tigers will have to be open by 15 yards for a completion.