JP to Pro Bowl?

obie_wan

For what its worth, this is from everyone's favorite football site (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

"With Colts quarterback Peyton Manning possibly pulling out of the game due to the thumb injury he suffered in the AFC Championship, there could be two spots that need to be filled. Possible replacements include J.P. Losman, Uncle Rico, Chad Pennington, and Steve McNair. "

It's good to see someone outside of Buffalo recognize the progress JP made this year.

For what its worth, this is from everyone's favorite football site (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

"With Colts quarterback Peyton Manning possibly pulling out of the game due to the thumb injury he suffered in the AFC Championship, there could be two spots that need to be filled. Possible replacements include J.P. Losman, Uncle Rico, Chad Pennington, and Steve McNair. "

It's good to see someone outside of Buffalo recognize the progress JP made this year.

"Uncle Rico" LMAO!!!!! :wacko:

True, but I don't think JP was close to Pro Bowl material. He definitely improved over the course of the season and we all became more comfortable with him, but McNair & Pennington would be more worthy.

True, but I don't think JP was close to Pro Bowl material. He definitely improved over the course of the season and we all became more comfortable with him, but McNair & Pennington would be more worthy.

but by just barely. And I'd much rather have Losman than either of those two. It really does speak a lot to where we are now compared to last year. :wacko:

McNair yes, Pennington NO. HELL NO... The guy has one more TD than INT.

Not that I'm advocating JP for the pro bowl (I don't think he'd be worthy yet either), but he had a higher TD percentage and higher rating than both of those two in an offense that was less conservative (or "west coast") than both the Jets and Ravens.

If he did get selected to go (maybe due to his significant improvement over last year), I'd be pretty happy for him.

I doubt it... people have a love affair with pennington after the jets got into the playoffs with one of the weakest schedules in the NFL.

JP is not a pro bowl quarterback... yet. He is improving, but not a chance of being in the pro bowl, at least this year. If Peyton Manning doesn't play in the pro bowl, McNair would be the choice to go next.

JP is not a pro bowl quarterback... yet. He is improving, but not a chance of being in the pro bowl, at least this year. If Peyton Manning doesn't play in the pro bowl, McNair would be the choice to go next.

IMO, it should be Tom Brady

JP was better than McNair this year anyways.