Berman and Jaworski talking about the Super Bowl Bills

just a few minutes ago they were talking about Polian putting some restrictions on the colts, which lead everyone to laugh about how legendary of partyers our Super Bowl Bills were. Boomer going so far as to say "we were at those parties and we barely remember"...

the most upsetting part of being a Bills fan, imo, is having such a deep love for those teams but knowing deep down that they couldnt be bothered to put the bottle or the coke mirror down long enough to just bring home ONE championship...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they never touched the booze or coke all season long? They only had it before the Super Bowl?

Gotcha.

oh im sure they had it all season, here and there, maybe at the Big Tree Inn after the game. but NOTHING like the amount they had in the 2 weeks of partying in tropical places as one of the Super Bowl teams leading up to the game.

im not posting it like its NEWS. just posting cause you realize how much partying they did if its still being talked about 10-15 years later. and THAT is the legacy that our "heroes" decided to leave behind. not a 4 SB win dynasty. instead, a bunch of puke filled foggy memories...

im not posting it like its NEWS. just posting cause you realize how much partying they did if its still being talked about 10-15 years later. and THAT is the legacy that our "heroes" decided to leave behind. not a 4 SB win dynasty. instead, a bunch of puke filled foggy memories...

That`s sum`s it up pretty good :)

I dont think anyone thinks any different of the Cowboys...though they have a few rings on their fingers...

PFS has a curfew on the players the night before the SB. As I recall, Jimbo would be getting back to his hotel room by sunrise the morning of each SB. :)

I can understand the partying, but not the night BEFORE the SB.

\

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but do you really think only one team was partying in those 4 SB years? I agree, though, that it is sad that 53 guys cannot stay focused for 2 stinking weeks (1 week in case of SB XXV).

Which is based on what? I know tons of people that partied with the Bills in those years and they did it all season long. And a lot of those same guys partied extremely hard with other Bills players during the 70s and 80s. Me and my friends saw Kelly and Berman out partying together in Tampa at the Yucatan very late, but they weren't acting crazy or anything, just partying like guys do. I even bought him a beer there and told him I named my dog Jim Kelly, where the nick came from, and he was just acting cool. But then he blew us off and I had to drink shots of tequila with Glenn Parker. :) Kelly was a maniac, but I highly doubt he was any crazier in Tampa or before the SBs than he was at other times or places.

\

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but do you really think only one team was partying in those 4 SB years? I agree, though, that it is sad that 53 guys cannot stay focused for 2 stinking weeks (1 week in case of SB XXV).

im not saying that the bills had the only players partying. but i would bet they had the MOST players out of the 53 man roster. AND they had no curfew. the opportunity and motivation is there for them to be the ones that went overboard with it.

while im sure michael irvin did his share of partying that week, i dont know that Aikman, Emmit and the LBs were out hard like our boys.

Which is based on what? I know tons of people that partied with the Bills in those years and they did it all season long. And a lot of those same guys partied extremely hard with other Bills players during the 70s and 80s. Me and my friends saw Kelly and Berman out partying together in Tampa at the Yucatan very late, but they weren't acting crazy or anything, just partying like guys do. I even bought him a beer there and told him I named my dog Jim Kelly, where the nick came from, and he was just acting cool. But then he blew us off and I had to drink shots of tequila with Glenn Parker. :blink: Kelly was a maniac, but I highly doubt he was any crazier in Tampa or before the SBs than he was at other times or places.

1. your friends partied extremely hard with the Bills of the 70s and 80s and those teams sucked.

2. i highly doubt you wouldve been privy to any of the good VIP partying just cause you were lame enough to crash the players' parties :)

3. if you dont think that Kelly(or ANYONE for that matter) who is a notorious party animal, wouldnt be partying twice as hard during a no curfew, we're going to the SB, tropical, im a young millionaire 2 week vacation then you dont know human nature and its self-destructiveness.

I remember a few years ago, when Cornelius Bennett made it back to the Super Bowl, with the Falcons. Bennett got lots of press coverage, because the was the grizzled vet, who had been through it all. Everyone was asking him what advice he gave to his teammates.

Biscuit made some reference to "if having learned anything during those SB years in Buffalo, was that you shouldn't take it for granted, and that the Bills probably "got to caught up in the partying" the weeks leading up to the bowl..."

Guess what? The Falcons got pasted.

I also remember Marv Levy and Bill Polian refuting Bennetts' comments, Marv seemed particularly pissed. And, I also remember a lot of Bills fans getting pissed off at Bennett for making the remarks.

I don't doubt that the Bills, as a team, may have gotten caught up in all of the pre-Super Bowl pagentry, but I must say, the term "partying" is pretty vauge. When I was growing up, it meant smoking weed, drinking, maybe even a hit of acid now and then...it meant getting out of control.

I work with college students. They say they "party" every weekend. To them, "partying" might mean going out dancing, getting laid, whatever...no alchohol or drugs involved at all. It might mean sitting on their couch playing video games with their buddies to all hours of the night. Their graetes indulgence being crappy Mr Garttis' pizza! To a guy like Steve Tasker, or Don Beebe, partying might have meant going to the Playboy party, having a beer or two...being in early.

In other words, I wouldn't get too worked up over what the Bills players did 12-15 years ago. Everything gets more exaggerated with time. I used to see Jim Kelly out, during the regualar season, on weeknights, enjoying multiple beers. It didn't always affect his game on Sunday.

1. your friends partied extremely hard with the Bills of the 70s and 80s and those teams sucked.

2. i highly doubt you wouldve been privy to any of the good VIP partying just cause you were lame enough to crash the players' parties :)

3. if you dont think that Kelly(or ANYONE for that matter) who is a notorious party animal, wouldnt be partying twice as hard during a no curfew, we're going to the SB, tropical, im a young millionaire 2 week vacation then you dont know human nature and its self-destructiveness.

1. Oh, so you're blaming the Bills partying hard for them sucking? It just means that pro football players are notorious hard partiers.

2. I wasn't, surely. It could have been up all night doing drugs to 6 am, but I highly doubt it.

3. It was only one week, actually a few days. And I know a lot about partying and self-destruction. :blink:

1. Oh, so you're blaming the Bills partying hard for them sucking? It just means that pro football players are notorious hard partiers.

2. I wasn't, surely. It could have been up all night doing drugs to 6 am, but I highly doubt it.

3. It was only one week, actually a few days. And I know a lot about partying and self-destruction. :)

lol, id have to imagine that those guys of the 70s/80s partied hard BECAUSE of their sad performances.