Players Foundations/Community

I'm attempting to get in contact with Marc Honan of the marketing department and was thinking of giving money to the Coy Wire Caring foundation.

But the main purpose of raising money is for donor awareness, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a charity in WNY or in the Bills organization that raised awareness for that or for depressed/troubled youth.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, this means a lot to me and my family and if he responds I should be recieving a a call Monday morning/afternoon, so I would like to know by then. I'm doing my own research right now but I need some help seeming as how I live in south PA.

A little information: I'm 19 years old, and my sister who would now be 21 was killed by a drunk driver. We had two charities beforehand, a scholarship for $1,000 for students with good character (we raised $10,000) in her name (the Jennifer Young Memorial Scholarship) and we raised $30,000 towards the building of an animal shelter (Animal Friends of Pittsburgh) all in her name. This year, our anual golf outting will help raise money for donor awareness, but I would also like to do my part through the Buffalo Bills to help Western New York, which I call home.

I feel for you. My cousin Sandy was killed in her Senior Week in college. She rode in a car with a drunk driver in Letchworth State Park, and the car hit a tree.

I hope you post the info you find. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Astro

I'm attempting to get in contact with Marc Honan of the marketing department and was thinking of giving money to the Coy Wire Caring foundation.

But the main purpose of raising money is for donor awareness, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a charity in WNY or in the Bills organization that raised awareness for that or for depressed/troubled youth.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, this means a lot to me and my family and if he responds I should be recieving a a call Monday morning/afternoon, so I would like to know by then. I'm doing my own research right now but I need some help seeming as how I live in south PA.

A little information: I'm 19 years old, and my sister who would now be 21 was killed by a drunk driver. We had two charities beforehand, a scholarship for $1,000 for students with good character (we raised $10,000) in her name (the Jennifer Young Memorial Scholarship) and we raised $30,000 towards the building of an animal shelter (Animal Friends of Pittsburgh) all in her name. This year, our anual golf outting will help raise money for donor awareness, but I would also like to do my part through the Buffalo Bills to help Western New York, which I call home.

Are you looking strictly for an awareness program or one that works directly with youth?

Depressed/troubled youth is quite the broad category.

It could encompass kids that are diagnosed, kids that are at-risk or just programs that kids can say yes to.(boys club/scouts.ymca etc.)

Here is just one program that assists kids who need extra support

Compeer

I meant for it to be broad, I'm looking for numerous options. Thank you for the Brian Moorman link.

With regards to YMCA or Boy Scouts... no, I'm looking for troubled or underprivileged youth ya know?

You could call the stadium and ask to talk with someone explaining the type of charity you want to donate to. The Bills Alumni association also gives to several worthy causes.