Air America in Liberal Santa Cruz

"We didn't sell a single ad in a year and a half," Zwerling said Thursday. "I thought liberal radio would work as a viable advertising business in the most liberal town in America. I was wrong"

"It's an angry, nasty, pissing and moaning format where the only thing they say is 'Bush stinks' or 'Bush is bad'," he said. "No commercial advertiser wants to be associated with that"

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/2...ies/03local.htm

:mellow:

Air America was just a bad idea. Who has time to sit around and listen to a political hack drone on and on? I can see why talk radio works so well with Conservative listeners.

Listeners to Rush, Hannity, Savage, etc., prefer to let someone else do the mental heavy lifting for them and tell them how to think. Liberals tend to listen to all viewpoints and then make a decision, thus the name "liberal" - open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc..

thus the name "liberal" - open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc..

"It's an angry, nasty, pissing and moaning format where the only thing they say is 'Bush stinks' or 'Bush is bad',"

I cant stop laughing, at this one. <_<

Listeners to Rush, Hannity, Savage, etc., prefer to let someone else do the mental heavy lifting for them and tell them how to think. Liberals tend to listen to all viewpoints and then make a decision, thus the name "liberal" - open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc..

And they are different than listeners of Franken, Rhodes, or Schultz how?

Yes, you are clearly an open-minded individual. You've displayed open-mindedness so obviously in your partisan rants over the past year and a half that I've read the posts on this board. Please show me where you have EVER demonstrated an open-mindedness or tolerance.

I find this whole argument amusing, as one of Zaller's fundamental theories of attitude formation basically states that the masses get their opinion from the elites. No one likes to think that they don't think for themselves, but the evidence is there.

I find this whole argument amusing, as one of Zaller's fundamental theories of attitude formation basically states that the masses get their opinion from the elites. No one likes to think that they don't think for themselves, but the evidence is there.

Glad Zaller thought that one thru for everyone.

Gives the unwashed masses more time to watch American Idol®

Liberals tend to listen to all viewpoints and then make a decision, thus the name "liberal" - open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc..
Please tell me tears were streaming down your face from laughter as you typed this gem.

Please tell me tears were streaming down your face from laughter as you typed this gem.

It really does explain why Conservative Radio works and Liberal radio fails. I'm a liberal and don't listen to talk radio, liberal or Conservative. Well, I was a HUGE Hannity fan when the Terri Schivo thing was going on. THAT was a scream!

ROTFL.

You gotta LOVE how he espouses the "open mindedness and tolerance" of the left...while implying those with a different POV are dumb and cant think for themselves.

And they are different than listeners of Franken, Rhodes, or Schultz how?

Yes, you are clearly an open-minded individual. You've displayed open-mindedness so obviously in your partisan rants over the past year and a half that I've read the posts on this board. Please show me where you have EVER demonstrated an open-mindedness or tolerance.

Many more people listen to conserative talk radio than progressive, thus a greater number of those who get their talking points from those shows.

I'm always open to good moderate ideas, and I resist resorting to the personal attacks and namecalling that many so-called conservatives on this site do when they disagree with a poster. At the end of the day I'm going to support policies I believe in, as should conservatives, without having to attack the messenger on the other side of the issue.