Don Banks' Mock Draft

Dawgg

With Peters being the next great LT and Pennington proving capable at RT and no guards worthy of a 1st rnd pick, we should definitely get either a run stuffing DT or WR as they really are our biggest needs. A 1st rd rookie CB or MLB in this draft to replace Nate or Fletcher will probably be no better than the prospects we currently have in Youbouty or moving Crowell to MLB. I hope Branch falls to us. And then I hope we repeat 2006 draft and move back in the 1st round and take one of the best WR available as this draft is full of good WR prospects; I'm hoping it will be either Sidney Rice or the Bowe from LSU. If Branch doesn't fall then I'd rather see us take the best WR prospect, maybe Jarret from USC and go from there as there will probably not be a DT worth jumping back in the 1st round to get at the later picks; if a top rated MLB or DB is still available maybe but as I said earlier they probably won't be better than the prospects we have as this draft is weak at those positions.

I would have to say Okoye in the 1st and then Hughes in the second has got to be the best choices I've seen.

But I still wouldn't mind Willis at LB. He just seems to e a monster that loves to take peoples heads off. In the second rnd of course.

With Peters being the next great LT and Pennington proving capable at RT and no guards worthy of a 1st rnd pick, we should definitely get either a run stuffing DT or WR as they really are our biggest needs. A 1st rd rookie CB or MLB in this draft to replace Nate or Fletcher will probably be no better than the prospects we currently have in Youbouty or moving Crowell to MLB. I hope Branch falls to us. And then I hope we repeat 2006 draft and move back in the 1st round and take one of the best WR available as this draft is full of good WR prospects; I'm hoping it will be either Sidney Rice or the Bowe from LSU. If Branch doesn't fall then I'd rather see us take the best WR prospect, maybe Jarret from USC and go from there as there will probably not be a DT worth jumping back in the 1st round to get at the later picks; if a top rated MLB or DB is still available maybe but as I said earlier they probably won't be better than the prospects we have as this draft is weak at those positions.

it may be weak overall for LBs, but Patrick Willis is the real deal. The cover-2 will not work with a schlep in the middle.

Revis is a better pick than Hall if they decide to go CB.

it may be weak overall for LBs, but Patrick Willis is the real deal. The cover-2 will not work with a schlep in the middle.

I've seen Mocks where Hall is falling to the end of the first and even into the second. Hughes is eating his lunch at senior week.

Willis wouldn't be bad but I still think we have good cover 2 LB prospects on our rosters. What we don't have is a run stopping DT or a big fast WR threat that can draw double teams off Lee. With the play of the O-line in the last 6 games and the vast improvement of JP if we can find a consistent threat opposite Lee then we may have some potential on offense as the run game will open up even more as there will be less defenders in the box. On Defense we already have decent pressure coming from our DE's, fast LB's and a good young tandem at both safety spots. Playing cover two, great corner play is good but not a necessity. If we add a good run stuffing DT to that rotation and force teams into more 3rd and longs our D will definitely be a force to be reckon with and maybe we can get back to the post season; MAYBE!