IF Nate Clements and/or Kiwaukee Thomas lost as an UFAs

The Jokeman

I just thought I'd bring these two guys to everyone's attention. As both have a history playing under Perry Fewell in St. Louis. Of the two, I think Fisher has the more likelyhood of joining the Bills as Groce was an UFA last offseason and we didn't pursue him. Also Fisher is the better player and had his finest season (2003) when Fewell was the DB coach of the Rams. Of course one has to be concerned with his inabilty to stay healthy the last three seasons. While I don't think he's in Nate's class he might feel he can be a starting CB. Groce on the other hand has been a career nickel/dime CB. He could fill the same role here but don't expect us really lose Thomas but if we do always good to look at alternatives. Just thought I'd post something while was researching UFAs available. Feel free to add your thoughts/feelings.

hey- nice job....don't know how you came up with that though!

I came up with it by looking at what free agent CBs will be available and Ferell's resume. As both Fisher and Groce worked under Ferrell in 2003-2004 in St. Louis. It helped me come to the same conclusion that Kiwaukee Thomas had a good chance at making it as a depth CB when we first signed him. As many coaches seen to favor guys their familiar whether it be other coaches or players. It's another reason I think NT Ian Scott from the Bears might get a good luck due to him playing in Chicago when Fewell and Jauron were there. Not to mention MLB Wali Rainer have ties to Jauron in Detroit.