Possible Big Trade in the Works between Oak and ATL

Stl Bills

In terms of general football discussion this move would be retarded, Vick is not a proven commodity anymore. Unless you want a QB that will quickly alienate your receivers and consistently have a QB rating of 70 I'd go with someone different. I fully agree with sending Moss packing, he is a proven cancer.

In terms of my extreme dislike for the Raiders I hope they go ahead with this move, this guarantees them at least 3 more years of turmoil (until Vick finally gets released after getting his 74rd "second chance" to perform).

Go Raiders!!!

It makes sense that Oakland would get rid of their 2 best receivers to acquire Vick, they really aren't a big part of Vick's game. Oakland really dropped the ball by not drafting Leinart. Now they have a 31 year old coach with very little NFL experience (how could he have much experience when He graduated high school in 94!), talk about a team in disarray...

Vick's cap number is way too high to trade him right now. I think Vick is on notice that if he doesn't have a great year this year, then there could be consequences, but no way does he get traded.

It has been mentioned that someone started this rumor on thier blog, and the "sports writer" parrots and regurgitating it.

I don't think it has a shred of credibility or chance of happening...

I don't think it has a shred of credibility or chance of happening...

Me either. I could see OAK wanting that...Vick does fill a stadium, but 2 older - and cantankerous - WR's that carry their own contract costs and a 1st round swap signing price as well as Vick's current cost that you mention...

Me either. I could see OAK wanting that...Vick does fill a stadium, but 2 older - and cantankerous - WR's that carry their own contract costs and a 1st round swap signing price as well as Vick's current cost that you mention...

Costs are the reason it couldn't get done but I'd see it as a great move for the Falcons. I dislike Moss and Porter's antics but giving Schaub those two targets in addition to their line and Alge Crumpler would make for an excellent offense.

I saw a cap analysis for this and it's ludicrous. Everybody has to both take a big cap hit this year from the trade, and then follow it up with the inflated salaries of players who are underperforming their outrageous contracts. Moss and Vick have such outrageous cap numbers this year and in the future that they're more likely to be waived than traded.

Atlanta would take $30M cap hit... if they got the #1 pick from Oakland, they wouldn't be able to sign em without cleaning house. It was brilliant for Blank to sign a QB to $130M with a career rating of 76, a comp. % of 54, and never passed for 3,000 yds.

On the otherhand, Oakland's cap hit would be minimal to none because Minn. took the hit on Moss' bonus when they traded him.

This is an excellent example of why it's bad business for the Bills to re-sign Clements. They would have to sign him to

an approx. 6 yr. 50M deal with at least 1/3 of that in bonus$$ based on today's cb market value and the Champ Bailey deal of a couple of years ago. Nat's avery good CB, but he's not a lock-down cb, nor is he a difference maker.... and he's not a marquis ticket seller. So, you don't handcuff a team salary cap wise in the 2nd year of a total makeover with a player like Nate.

TKO might be another example... He's not been the same since his injury, but the bills are stuck with him for 2 more yrs. and would take about a $6M cap hit to release him now. He is a player that looks like he does not figure into the future of this team with the new regime.

Costs are the reason it couldn't get done but I'd see it as a great move for the Falcons. I dislike Moss and Porter's antics but giving Schaub those two targets in addition to their line and Alge Crumpler would make for an excellent offense.

I would rather trade their 2nd rounder for Matt Schaub or trade Schaub for Moss...

I don't see the Raiders giving up that top pick, especially if they can get a Quinn/Russel or the OT Joe Thomas.....