TRADE MAGAHEE

freightrain

This subject has I am sure been talked about but I have to put my 2 cents in, There are plenty of good backs in the upcoming draft (Michael Bush of Louisville) we don't need a whiner who does not want to be here, this is a guy who thinks we should move the Bills to Toronto so he can have a better personal life, like his days spent with the "gun totin' miami hurricanes" where "criminal activities" are well, OK. The guy has no committment to this team only to himself, proof being who his agent is, it doesn't matter who gave him his chance in the NFL and believed in him and payed him to rehab, This jerk doesn't deserve to be wearing this uniform, so c'mon Marv is this a "High Character" player? I THINK NOT...Get what you can for him, if he thinks so much of Toronto let him go play for the Argos...

This subject has I am sure been talked about but I have to put my 2 cents in, There are plenty of good backs in the upcoming draft (Michael Bush of Louisville) we don't need a whiner who does not want to be here, this is a guy who thinks we should move the Bills to Toronto so he can have a better personal life, like his days spent with the "gun totin' miami hurricanes" where "criminal activities" are well, OK. The guy has no committment to this team only to himself, proof being who his agent is, it doesn't matter who gave him his chance in the NFL and believed in him and payed him to rehab, This jerk doesn't deserve to be wearing this uniform, so c'mon Marv is this a "High Character" player? I THINK NOT...Get what you can for him, if he thinks so much of Toronto let him go play for the Argos...

Is that you A-Train?

GOOD 1....no it is not but I Do prefer A-Train to willis, call me crazy...

If Willis ran with A-trains tenacity, or A-Train had Willis' talent, you'd have a great RB. I do believe Willis is expendable to the Bills, but there's not a lot of talent available. Michael Turner is generally an unknown for full time duty but he's really the only one i'd want to take a flier on. I'd hate to see the Bills use a 1st or 2nd on a RB when there's other needs to be met

Well, I guess I ruffled your feathers enough to enrage you to SCREAMING. I'm not sure if it makes sense at this point to trade him. He says stupid things, hasn't lived up to our expectations but right now he isn't a bad option. If the organization feels he doesn't exemplify the character they are seeking, so be it but his trade value won't be more than a mid round draft pick.

C'mon guys, leave him alone

We needed another Trade McGahee thread, one hasn't been started yet today

Hate to burst everyones bubble, but Marv is not going to trade McGahee just because he made some comment about how IF the NFL were to move a team to Toronto, The Bills should be the one to move and because he has 3 bastard kids. If you continued to read the article, he goes on to praise the Buffalo fans (the same ones trying to run him out of town) and said he loves Buffalo

So Just to let everyone know, Marv will not get a first, second, or third round pick from anyone for Willis (everyone thinks he has so much trade value, yet he is not even good enough to stay on this team)

I think some team will give a higher pick not a 1st rounder, but I think that's OK, I kinda knew when the Bills drafted him he'd be here for maybe the length of his contract, I feel he can and should be replaced, unlike someone like Thurman, I just don't see the upside of keeping him..and sorry actually I had the unknowingly had the caps lock on and didn't feel like retyping as I have to look at the keys to type...

C'mon guys, leave him alone

We needed another Trade McGahee thread, one hasn't been started yet today

Hate to burst everyones bubble, but Marv is not going to trade McGahee just because he made some comment about how IF the NFL were to move a team to Toronto, The Bills should be the one to move and because he has 3 bastard kids. If you continued to read the article, he goes on to praise the Buffalo fans (the same ones trying to run him out of town) and said he loves Buffalo

So Just to let everyone know, Marv will not get a first, second, or third round pick from anyone for Willis (everyone thinks he has so much trade value, yet he is not even good enough to stay on this team)

I look at it this way. The guy has bottomed out (hopefully). If he figures out how to get the most out of his talent and gets a little PR help, the Bills have themselves a keeper. Bills have a lot invested in him and I would expect them to make the effort to help him. Give him an incentive laden extension and some mentoring and we might all be surprised by the results. No reason to think he can't mature.

I look at it this way. The guy has bottomed out (hopefully). If he figures out how to get the most out of his talent and gets a little PR help, the Bills have themselves a keeper. Bills have a lot invested in him and I would expect them to make the effort to help him. Give him an incentive laden extension and some mentoring and we might all be surprised by the results. No reason to think he can't mature.

I'm with you on that, so I guess there are a couple fans that haven't brought their pitchforks out

Drew Rosenhaus, need I say more!

actually, that has been discussed at length as well. its easy to just factlessly scream RosenhausBAD! The difficult part is reading some other posts and formulating your own conclusions.

But then againb, if you want to discuss rosenhaus, why dont you start another thread?

No.

I simply think it would be a bad football move to trade WM. I can see why some folks would want to do this if they require the football players they root for to be someone they would enjoy dinner with or they would be proud to have as a son-in-law if their daughter became one of the players' baby mommas.

However, it would be difficult for me to care less about WM's crack financial management views about where the Bill's business is situated and I have come to the conclusion that I will not sleep with him so I also think his attitude toward women is horrendous but I do not really care as long as he does not violate the law.

Trading him strikes me as a bad football move because:

1. There is a difference between the fact (IMHO) that stud RBs can be found (even on the second day) of the draft and actually acquiring an RB who can produce rushing yards at the level of even 25th in the league (hint only 24 people in the world did better and almost all of them if not all of them are under contract).

My guess is that A-Train would be quite unlikely to do this and that depending on a draft choice to do this would be so speculative or involve passing on a more crucial need to get a player with the 1st pick who MIGHT well perform at WM's disappointing level that trading him for a draft choice is a bad football move.

2. The Bills are in the drivers seat for 07 vis a vis WM. For those who fear Rosenhaus and a potential holdout, WM's leverage is so low coming off a disappointing season that a holdout is a horrible fiscal move for him that would heighten attention to his flagging production numbers if he were on the market and have him labeled as a malcontent and an ingrate also if he held out. The fear of a holdout also ignores the fact that the history of Rosenhaus clients is that they do not tend to holdout.

In addition, if WM should happen to have a productive year (which for those who complain about his lack of motivation he has FA year motivation this year) the Bills still hold the CBA given right to tag him twice if they choose.

I can see how those who for some reason want to devote a lot of importance to WM's personality and ramblings that they might definitely want to trade him, it would however, be a dumb football move.

My sense is try to find an RB one deems to have the character and talent to one day be a #1 on the 2nd day of the draft and make use of him as a 3rd down receiving threat replacing Shaud W. and keep A-Train and this works for me.