Russ Grimm

Card`s new O-line coach and assistant head coach.Hmnn I thought he was ....Oh never mind :(

Only if you read the Trib. :lol:

Sounds like he and Whisenhunt DID have a deal in place, doesn't it? I may have to tune into Savran tonight; I'm sure he'll have something to say on the subject.

He was never a candidate for the Pittsburgh job.

That is not true...In a local talk show one of the steelers executives actually mentioned that an offer was made to Grimm...Looks like there was a difference in opinion as to how much Grimm was worth...and I think the steelers used Tomlin as a push to get it with Grimm and Grimm walked away.....

That is not true...In a local talk show one of the steelers executives actually mentioned that an offer was made to Grimm...Looks like there was a difference in opinion as to how much Grimm was worth...and I think the steelers used Tomlin as a push to get it with Grimm and Grimm walked away.....

Not true. Not even close. They may have mentioned that he was interviewed and if so it was done as a courtesy. I have inside info here. Will leave it at that, but I really don't care. It's Pittsburgh.

Not true. Not even close. They may have mentioned that he was interviewed and if so it was done as a courtesy. I have inside info here. Will leave it at that, but I really don't care. It's Pittsburgh.

What was wrong with Grimm? I thought he was a pretty good coach. Was he too into boozin in the south side?

If you're talking about the Sunday night gabfest on WTAE, that wasn't a Stillers exec, that was Kevin Gorman (Mike Prisuta's colleague at the Trib). Grimm and Tomlin were both finalists for the job, contracts were discussed with both, but the Steelers never told Grimm he was the winner... because to them, he never was.

Heard on the radio last night that Grimm was actually offered the Steelers job and accepted, but the NFL intervened - league officials met with the Rooneys and strongly urged them to hire a minority candidate, as it would give the appearance that the Rooney Rule is an artificial construct.

This article says that Grimm was never offered the job:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...s/s_490020.html

Here is a snippet from CNNSI, that refers to a Pittsburgh newspaper that has a quote from a Steeler executive...

Could a misunderstanding or miscommunication have occurred that led Russ Grimm to believe that he was offered the Steelers' head-coaching job Saturday? Art Rooney II, the team's president, believes that is possible. Rooney did not deny that the team discussed an offer with Grimm, but he said no deal was completed.

-- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Grimm must have Misread the situation

Here is a snippet from CNNSI, that refers to a Pittsburgh newspaper that has a quote from a Steeler executive...

Could a misunderstanding or miscommunication have occurred that led Russ Grimm to believe that he was offered the Steelers' head-coaching job Saturday? Art Rooney II, the team's president, believes that is possible. Rooney did not deny that the team discussed an offer with Grimm, but he said no deal was completed.

-- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Grimm must have Misread the situation

Steelers are in damage control mode and arguing semantics.

They gave the job to Grimm, then the NFL twisted their arm to hire a black coach.

If not, the charade of the Rooney Rule would be completely worthless.

Sorry Russ.