Staying in Clearwater Beach, FL in April

mackey7789

I'll be heading down to Clearwater Beach, FL at the beginning of April and i was wondering if anyone had some advice. I'm not sure where to stay and where to go while we're down there. I'll be there with my wife and my parents. We're looking for a nicer resort with a bar (on the beach or near the pool). Also - what is the best nightlife while we're down there? We are looking to stay at a place near good dining and good nightlife. Any help would be great. Thanks!

be careful of that big span bridge..cops seem to love setting up speed traps there

I'll be heading down to Clearwater Beach, FL at the beginning of April and i was wondering if anyone had some advice. I'm not sure where to stay and where to go while we're down there. I'll be there with my wife and my parents. We're looking for a nicer resort with a bar (on the beach or near the pool). Also - what is the best nightlife while we're down there? We are looking to stay at a place near good dining and good nightlife. Any help would be great. Thanks!

No matter what else, there is one absolute MUST if you are in Clearwater Beach:

http://www.frenchysonline.com/saltwater_index.html

I stayed in the Holiday Inn right on the beach at the end of the Causeway, but that was 15 years ago so I have no idea if it's still in decent condition.

Sadly, the Tanga Lounge is gone, not that you'd have taken the wife and 'rents there anyway.

Try the Sheraton Sand Key...on the beach, with a bar, across from a magnificent restaurant. There is a former Radisson across the street with a great pool and with an all-suite set up. The Colombia restaurant next door to each is wonderful. Take the ferry or better yet, rent kayaks, and go to Caladesi Island (rated pretty consistently as one of the top beaches in the world.) Frenchy's is a neat little tourist trap but fun. Take the ferry from Honeymoon island in Dunedin. Honeymoon Island has a nice beach as well. Go up to Tarpon Springs and eat at some of the great Greek restaurants on the wharf there. Ybor city in Tampa is a kick as well. The Salvador Dali museum is neat. email erynthered and have a drink with a dyed in the wool neo conservative. Charter a boat and do a little fishing. Have a great time!

it is a marriott suites now. I generally stay at the Sheraton on the Beach across the street, but this is a fine place and the Suite element gives more room. The bar downstairs (outside) and neat little restaurants in the Plaza adjacent (and the Colombia) are very convenient. sand key marriott

Don't you still owe a couple people a grouper sammich??