An All-Midwest Super Bowl

buckeyemike

And I don't care!! Everyone between St. Louis and Cleveland will. I firmly believe the Midwest, next to the Appalachians, is the most looked-down and put-upon region of the country.

I get very tired of the East Coast bias we see in sports media (ESPN, you know who you are). Chicago's the third largest market, and while Indianapolis is fairly small, you have to count the entire Hoosier state rooting for the Colts in two weeks, and that's over six million people.

Problem is, it's Indiana. To the East Coasters, it might as well be India.

Notice that the Fox studio hosts were in Chicago, but CBS did not send their crew to Indianapolis. Were the honchos at CBS afraid that Sterling/Shannon Sharpe would get into some sort of trouble? That the Colt diehards would be after Dan Marino's scalp?

As for the game, this is a good matchup, although I rooted for the Saints today.

I think the Bears will keep it close for a while, but expect Manning & Co. to pull away in the second half.

Colts 42, Bears 24.

OK, I'll give you Gary.

The sad thing is, that town's been dying for decades.

Last time I was in the area was in 1981 when I saw Dylan play the Holiday Inn Star Theater in Merrillville...

pretty scary even back then, I can't imagine what it's like today. :blink:

Last time I was in the area was in 1981 when I saw Dylan play the Holiday Inn Star Theater in Merrillville...

pretty scary even back then, I can't imagine what it's like today. :blink:

My dad got lost on a family trip to Chicago in 1988 and we wound up driving through the southern part of Gary. I remember being a bit scared...

midwest? yuuuck!

gary, indiana? possibly the worst city in the country.

Gary's is crummy, but the Midwest overall is great. Chicago area in particular. Robust economy, great sports and entertainment, great education and a lot of great people.

I like the Bears to win with great defense and a strong running game.

OK, I'll give you Gary.

The sad thing is, that town's been dying for decades.

Last time I drove through there on the way to Chicago, it was at night. I saw about 20 muzzle flashes from the highway. That town is definitely dying. Needless to say, I put the pedal down, and almost immediately I drove right by some cops on the side of the road who looked at me as if to say "that's all your car has got? Get the F outa here!"

Gary's is crummy, but the Midwest overall is great. Chicago area in particular. Robust economy, great sports and entertainment, great education and a lot of great people.

I like the Bears to win with great defense and a strong running game.

And very cheap housing!

Ya... Stay away from Gary... But, it is no different than the city of BFLO IMO... Especially, S. BFLO in parts...

Last time I drove through there on the way to Chicago, it was at night. I saw about 20 muzzle flashes from the highway. That town is definitely dying. Needless to say, I put the pedal down, and almost immediately I drove right by some cops on the side of the road who looked at me as if to say "that's all your car has got? Get the F outa here!"

:thumbsup:

Now that the Borman expressway (I-80 portion in Indiana) is being widened... You will be able to cruise right through... Unless you were on I-90 in Gary, that is just one open pedal, no traffic cruise...

Come to work with me... You can see the muzzle flashes up close! I will teach you how to drive on a rim and shreaded tire if you should get a flat...

I'll be watching and couldn't care less who wins...I actually had the chance to see both teams beat the Bills live this year...I will say that while Peyton probably deserves the ring the most, the Bears fans are definitely better "fans" (from my experiences).

Either way, its a Patsie/Steeler-less Super Bowl, so I'm happy. ~350 days until the Bills play in Super Bowl XLII