Bill Polian said what?!?!

duey

He said this was the most exciting playoff win in history?!?! !@#$ you Bill. Does 41-38 mean anything to you? Douch bag.

Wasn't he a Panther in '93?

UPDATE

Polian was the General Manager of the Buffalo Bills from 1986 - 1993, building a team that participated in four straight Super Bowls (he was there for 3 of them). Polian was the General Manager of the expansion Carolina Panthers until moving on to the Colts in 1997.

MY BAD

:blink:

He said this was the most exciting playoff win in history?!?! !@#$ you Bill. Does 41-38 mean anything to you? Douch bag.

From Bill's perspective, I'm sure it is. That monkey that just fell off his back is HUGE.

Why does this board have to be so single minded? Congrats to Polian...

In all honesty, he could have been misquoted. I would like to think that he said that it was the most exciting AFC title game. If he got caught up in the moment and had a slip of the tongue, I could understand that and forgive him. Although, after the thrill subsides, he should regain his composure and remember his ties to Buffalo's organization because we all know what the greatest and most exciting comeback is of ALL time.

Tonight: 18 points

The Great Comeback: 32 points

Tonight: Started with two minutes left in the first half after the Pats punted.

The Great Comeback: Started about two minutes into the second half, just after the Oilers picked off Frank Reich and ran it back 58 yards for a what seemed like a certain back-breaking TD.

Tonight: The comeback is orchestrated by the league's biggest star QB

The Great Comeback: The comeback is orchestrated by a backup QB

Tonight: Ended in regulation

The Great Comeback: Ended in overtime

Tonight: No really big or amazing plays by the winning team.

The Great Comeback: The winning team recovered an onside kick, blocked a field goal, and scored an 18-yard TD on 4th and 5.

I am happy for Polian, and I realize there is no comparing the gravity of a conference championship game to that of a simple wildcard game, but The Great Comeback is the best playoff game ever in my humble opinion.

The Great Comeback: Started about two minutes into the second half, just after the Oilers picked off Frank Reich and ran it back 58 yards for a what seemed like a certain back-breaking TD.

To be fair, you might want to add:

Tonight: Against a MUCH better team (3-time SB Champ) in a much more meaningful game

Tonight: not playing a dome team in sub-zero weather

The Great Comeback: The winning team recovered an onside kick, blocked a field goal, and scored an 18-yard TD on 4th and 5.

I am happy for Polian, and I realize there is no comparing the gravity of a conference championship game to that of a simple wildcard game, but The Great Comeback is the best playoff game ever in my humble opinion.

I think the difference is he said "exciting". He didn't say this was the best game. This was an incredibly exciting game of back and forth. The comeback obviously wasn't close to being as great as the Bills' one, but this was a damn exciting game. All kinds of wild plays, back and forth.

To be fair, you might want to add:

Tonight: Against a MUCH better team (3-time SB Champ) in a much more meaningful game

Tonight: not playing a dome team in sub-zero weather

That game was a very nice day - I bet it was 40 degrees or so and sunny. Definitely not sub-zero.

That game was a very nice day - I bet it was 40 degrees or so and sunny. Definitely not sub-zero.

It wasn't sunny and the wind chill was a big factor. Not as bad as the Raiders playoff game, but plenty cold enough for Moon to freeze up in the fourth quarter.

I recall that is did rain late in the third. I think the fumbled snap on the botched field goal attempt was blamed on a wet ball. But the carpet was fast. The receivers on both sides were flying that day.