Colts vs. Patriots

Tom Brady and Bill Belechick are not legendary, and I will even go as far as saying both are serious ? for HOF induction. Tom Brady is not better than Joe Montana and does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence...

Not only is Brady assured a spot in the HOF, he is the best big game QB in recent history. Belechick has been a part of more championship teams than any other coach in the game today -- be it in coordinating positions or HC. He too is assured a spot in the HOF.

Both these guys could lose every game they play from here on out and still be rushed to Canton on a red carpet. Any other conclusion is not only incorrect, but slightly insane.

As much as I despise the Pats, I am very aware every time I watch them play that I am watching one of the best QBs of the era huck the pig skin.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that was prolly too much - but a lot was made of Marino not winning the big game. I guess we'll see. It really depends on the next 4 years, IMO. Montana won 4 over 9 years with the same team in a conference where excellent - not just good - defense was a standard on multiple teams. I can't see the same thing being said about the AFC during Brady's time. But, you are probably right.

I'm totally with you on Montana. I'd take him over Brady any day. I'd even take Manning over Brady.

Not only is Brady assured a spot in the HOF, he is the best big game QB in recent history. Belechick has been a part of more championship teams than any other coach in the game today -- be it in coordinating positions or HC. He too is assured a spot in the HOF.

Both these guys could lose every game they play from here on out and still be rushed to Canton on a red carpet. Any other conclusion is not only incorrect, but slightly insane.

As much as I despise the Pats, I am very aware every time I watch them play that I am watching one of the best QBs of the era huck the pig skin.

Like I replied to the other - you are probably right. But the key thing you said was "era". Montana played against a conference where defense was the absolute focus. Brady did not. But, you are right - he will make it into the hall, but not because he is better than Montana. :blink:

Like I replied to the other - you are probably right. But the key thing you said was "era". Montana played against a conference where defense was the absolute focus. Brady did not. But, you are right - he will make it into the hall, but not because he is better than Montana. :(

Young was better than Montana. :blink: Montana wasn't even the best QB on his team.

There is no doubt, Brady is a Sith.

Always 2 there are, a master and an apprentice.

But which one? The master or the apprentice?

If you're going with this angle, obviously you need to start calling Belichick the master/evil emperor. That'd make Peyton Manning Luke Skywalker.

Young was better than Montana. :blink: Montana wasn't even the best QB on his team.

Sorry, I am too smart for such an obvious attempt at baiting - and you know that. :(:worthy: :worthy: But, I remember that being a quandry for the 49ers, especially when Montana went to the Chiefs. In fact that was supposed to be the 93 superbowl matchup - 49ers/Chiefs. Too bad we messed that up. :wallbash:

Sorry, I am too smart for such an obvious attempt at baiting - and you know that. :blink::worthy::wallbash: But, I remember that being a quandry for the 49ers, especially when Montana when to the Chiefs. In fact that was supposed to be the 93 superbowl matchup - 49ers/Chiefs. Too bad we messed that up. :(

Seriously though, IMO, Steve Young was the best quarterback I have ever seen, overall. He could do, and did do, everything that Montana did, and he was a better runner and scrambler and a stronger arm and maybe even a little more accurate.

you people bitching about belichick are a joke. Have you ever seen one of his press conferences? This is the way the guy is EVERY SINGLE WEEK. He's a complete ass, but this week was no different than any other week. And like someone said, Manning went out of his way to say that Brady, Bruschi, Faulk etc were very gracious after the game - you could see bruschi talking to him for 10-20 seconds.

you people bitching about belichick are a joke. Have you ever seen one of his press conferences? This is the way the guy is EVERY SINGLE WEEK. He's a complete ass, but this week was no different than any other week. And like someone said, Manning went out of his way to say that Brady, Bruschi, Faulk etc were very gracious after the game - you could see bruschi talking to him for 10-20 seconds.

Yeah and grabbing a camera guy by the throat and tossing him aside is an example of what exactly? Certainly not class. As far as Manning goes, he would say that whether they were gracious or not. Manning has class and is certainly not going to call someone out after beating them. So what are u saying again? Using Manning's comments as an excuse when we have seen for ourselves the actual Patriot's bad behavior is kind of silly, IMO.

Uh, dude - I just wrote "he's a complete ass". :blink:

My mistake. I swear my eyes messed with me there. Perhaps it's just the # of times I have heard that the Patriots are a "class", or THE "class", organiztation in the NFL in the last week. Complete Joke. All you have to do is watch the games/press conferences and see that is far form the case.

Oh no doubt. But a simple "I'd like to congratulate Tony and the Colts and I hope they represent our conference well" - that too much to ask? You can even mutter "those f*cking pricks" under your breath as you walk away if you want. I wasn't asking for nice and smiley. Just a modicum of class
'

I was shocked. Couldn't believe that he didn't congratulate the Colts. When you're in the public eye like that you must have the class to lose graciously and keep a game face no matter how pissed off you may be. Once again, another example of how difficult it is to raise your children with good sportsmanship.

I remember Marv's post game interviews. What a true gentleman. Had to suffer the humiliating loss of 4 Super Bowls in a row and still did it with class.