Colts vs. Patriots

he really is a Grade-A douchebag, isn't he?

Manning made it a point to shake his hand, and Bele-choke wouldn't even look at him. He couldn;t get off the field gast enough. F*** him and f*** his team. By the way, the babies on WEEI in Boston, led by #1 big hairy baby Fred Smerlas, are crying about how the refs screwed the Pats. Bwhahahahah!

PTR

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He said about ten times that "The Colts just made more plays than we did."

Maybe he said some variation on that twice. Not ten times. Whatever, I've been waiting a long time to see him do the losing coach interview.

Anyway, like one of you said, at least he stuck around, unlike Brady.

Wow, what a dick!

On its own it's not that bad but when you combine it with "I don't know, I think both teams fought pretty hard", well that's just insufferable. :blink:

It wasnt so much the words, but he was so bitter and short it was almost uncomfortable to watch. Though my laughter helped me get through it

Maybe he said some variation on that twice. Not ten times. Whatever, I've been waiting a long time to see him do the losing coach interview.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the bastard and think he's a prick and he has less than zero personality and his team cheats. But it's got to be pretty hard to come in front of cameras after a loss like that and your season over and be nice and smily.

It wasnt so much the words, but he was so bitter and short it was almost uncomfortable to watch. Though my laughter helped me get through it

Now you know what I went through for five years. :blink:

By the way, that was one hell of a football game, wasn't it?

Super Bowl pick? Colts 42, Bears 24.

You really had to see it.

What did he say that was so bad?

Or is he just a douchebag because he was too disappointed to josh with the always respectable press? Holy frijole, what do y'all expect from a guy who just got bounced from the SuperBowl? Jocularity and bonhomie? :blink:

By the way, the babies on WEEI in Boston, led by #1 big hairy baby Fred Smerlas, are crying about how the refs screwed the Pats. Bwhahahahah!

So they sound exactly like Bills fans crying about how the refs screw the Pats opponents?

That must be really embarrasing. :(

Manning made it a point to shake his hand, and Bele-choke wouldn't even look at him. He couldn;t get off the field gast enough. F*** him and f*** his team. By the way, the babies on WEEI in Boston, led by #1 big hairy baby Fred Smerlas, are crying about how the refs screwed the Pats. Bwhahahahah!

PTR

Yep...we knew that was coming. This team hasn't had a call go against them in a big game since I don't know when, and they're just shocked. I guess the check wasn't big enough this week.

And yes, Simon, you had to see the postgame interview on CBS. he WAS a dick. Just like when he couldn't even LOOK at Manning after the game.

And yes, Simon, you had to see the postgame interview on CBS. he WAS a dick. Just like when he couldn't even LOOK at Manning after the game.

Didn't he shake Manning's hand and pat him on the shoulder?

Don't get me wrong, I hate the bastard and think he's a prick and he has less than zero personality and his team cheats. But it's got to be pretty hard to come in front of cameras after a loss like that and your season over and be nice and smily.

Oh no doubt. But a simple "I'd like to congratulate Tony and the Colts and I hope they represent our conference well" - that too much to ask? You can even mutter "those f*cking pricks" under your breath as you walk away if you want. I wasn't asking for nice and smiley. Just a modicum of class.

What did he say that was so bad?

Or is he just a douchebag because he was too disappointed to josh with the respectable press? Holy frijole, what do y'all expect from a guy who just got bounced from the SuperBowl? Jocularity and bonhomie? :blink:

How about giving the Colts some credit, even just a little bit. Every coach I have listened to after a big loss always gives the winning team credit. BB made no mention whatsoever of the Colts being the better team today. He is a classless douchebag.

Yeah, no way in hell did he say it "ten times". One of the most awkward, uncomfortable interviews I've ever seen.

I believe that the Shannon Sharpe audibly chuckled after the interview was mercifully ended.

The irony of Pats fans complaining about not getting calls (the PI on Hayden is about the only call I can see them whining about) is too much....

How about giving the Colts some credit, even just a little bit. Every coach I have listened to after a big loss always gives the winning team credit. BB made no mention whatsoever of the Colts being the better team today. He is a classless douchebag.

I think the very first thing he said upon coming to the mike was to give the Colts credit.

I believe that the Shannon Sharpe audibly chuckled after the interview was mercifully ended.

Boomer Esiason was laughing his ass off too and actually said "what was that" after the interview as CBS was going off the air. They all know BB is a douche.

Billy(and the rest of his ball-washers) can say(or not say) what he wants but here is the history as it will be remembered:

The Greateast Championship Game Comeback of all time was lost by the Patriots. They were coached by Bill Belichick. The nail in the coffin of that loss was an interception thrown by Tom Brady(who had a passer rating of 79).

END OF STORY. Those are the facts. Spin, deny, twist all you want, but those are the facts that will be recorded.

With these facts firmly in place, the Patriots, Tom Brady and Bill Belechick are not legendary, and I will even go as far as saying both are serious ? for HOF induction. Tom Brady is not better than Joe Montana and does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence or "have his arm around Joe Montana" or anywhere near Joe. Joe Montana won this type of game and he did it against defenses that are 4-5 times better than the Colts(or Broncos, Jets, SD). Brady may be 12-2(now) in the playoffs but what defenses did he play against? Moreover, pick the best defense Brady has played against in the playoffs. I dare you! Are they better than the '80s Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Redskins, Vikings or Eagles defenses? Of course they're not. Brady = Montana was perhaps the most supremely stupid thing I have seen on this board, (well, there is retatta) and I hope it goes away permanently as the facts simply don't back it up. Anyone who continues this nonsense is simply embarssing themselves.

As far as class as an organization goes, I would look to New Orleans - and they at least have an excuse to be upset. They were all over the field congratulating the Bears - players and coaches. The Patriots? Um, no. Class is shaking the other teams hand - not running off to the locker room and ducking the press. Actually, I couldn't care less about the press - but at least go and shake the other QBs hand. No one should be talking about the Patriots and use the word "class" while doing it, EVER.

Billy(and the rest of his ball-washers) can say(or not say) what he wants but here is the history as it will be remembered:

The Greateast Championship Game Comeback of all time was lost by the Patriots. They were coached by Bill Belichick. The nail in the coffin of that loss was an interception thrown by Tom Brady(who had a passer rating of 79).

END OF STORY. Those are the facts. Spin, deny, twist all you want, but those are the facts that will be recorded.

With these facts firmly in place, the Patriots, Tom Brady and Bill Belechick are not legendary, and I will even go as far as saying both are serious ? for HOF induction. Tom Brady is not better than Joe Montana and does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence or "have his arm around Joe Montana" or anywhere near Joe. Joe Montana won this type of game and he did it against defenses that are 4-5 times better than the Colts(or Broncos, Jets, SD). Brady may be 12-2(now) in the playoffs but what defenses did he play against? Moreover, pick the best defense Brady has played against in the playoffs. I dare you! Are they better than the '80s Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Redskins, Vikings or Eagles defenses? Of course they're not. Brady = Montana was perhaps the most supremely stupid thing I have seen on this board, (well, there is retatta) and I hope it goes away permanently as the facts simply don't back it up. Anyone who continues this nonsense is simply embarssing themselves.

As far as class as an organization goes, I would look to New Orleans - and they at least have an excuse to be upset. They were all over the field congratulating the Bears - players and coaches. The Patriots? Um, no. Class is shaking the other teams hand - not running off to the locker room and ducking the press. Actually, I couldn't care less about the press - but at least go and shake the other QBs hand. No one should be talking about the Patriots and use the word "class" while doing it, EVER.

Manning just did. He specifically mentioned all of the Patriots players that came up after the game and congratulated him. Yes, Manning says stuff like that because he is the goodwill ambassador, but he specifically went out of his way to say how many players came up to him.

Not to mention that this Patriot run, however much I despise them completely, was a far more surprising and perhaps even greater achievement in my mind than the 49 run with Montana. The Pats never even had the best team, but they always managed to win. The 49ers were loaded.

... Tom Brady and Bill Belechick are not legendary, and I will even go as far as saying both are serious ? for HOF induction.

Seriously, man, Brady is already a lock for the HOF. He's a first ballot inductee. If you can't see that, your hatred for the Pats is taking control and you should have another beer and relax.

Seriously, man, Brady is already a lock for the HOF. He's a first ballot inductee. If you can't see that, your hatred for the Pats is taking control and you should have another beer and relax.

Yeah that was prolly too much - but a lot was made of Marino not winning the big game. I guess we'll see. It really depends on the next 4 years, IMO. Montana won 4 over 9 years with the same team in a conference where excellent - not just good - defense was a standard on multiple teams. I can't see the same thing being said about the AFC during Brady's time. But, you are probably right.