"Sounds of the Game"

watched the special last night -- great, great stuff, as most of you have already noted.

i know the primary focus in here is on the bills (and rightfully so), but i was very impressed with shanahan. the guy is definitely a teacher. i think plummer is going to give him ulcers this season.

on bledsoe's interception early in the game, while the play was still going on he said something like "that lucky sh---." he really expected moulds to come down with it.

i liked the exchange between mularky and bledsoe late in the game when they were crouched on the sideline -- they seem to be on the same page and bledsoe shows an understanding of the direction the team needs to go.

the flutie stuff w/ losman was hilarious, but i got a good chuckle out of bledsoe when he first came out of the tunnel. he and brown were coming on to the field and bledsoe handed his cup of crappy coffee to a kid in the stands and said, "hold on to this for me, will you buddy?"

what a fantastic idea by NFL films.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw that too - the Flutie comparison was awesome.

JP takes command of the huddle - natural born leader.

4160[/snapback]

if you consider repeating what the coach tells you to say as "taking command"...ok.... :rolleyes::D

the quote " you feel like running??? ok, QB draw.." than JP shaking his head as he goes to the huddle..

that was just priceless

also, what are the players going to think when they realize that JP just repeats what teh coaches tell him to say as "modevation" in the huddle. :rolleyes:

I taped it and can't wait to watch it tonight.

I know it's early but from what i've seen so far from MM, and everyone's comments after the special last night, it looks like we may have hit it big on the coaching carousel. The guy definitely knows what he's doing. From all signs it looks like he's going to rely on the running game and defense this year, which is the way it should be. No doubt we would've been in the playoffs last year if we had the same philosophy. And it's refreshing to see someone with such command be so down to earth and not so arrogant. You can tell that the players are really going to respect that.

I'll be converting this to DVD like I do with the other games (menus, etc). I'll also put a segment on TKO from MAAD Sports that aired last year. However, I probably won't get to it until late this month or early next month. So if you just want a plain VHS copy someone else will have to hook you up. Otherwise, I'll get it out in the next few weeks.

CW

I'll be converting this to DVD like I do with the other games (menus, etc).  I'll also put a segment on TKO from MAAD Sports that aired last year.  However, I probably won't get to it until late this month or early next month.  So if you just want a plain VHS copy someone else will have to hook you up.  Otherwise, I'll get it out in the next few weeks.

CW

4501[/snapback]

Now this sounds like a show I'll pay thousands to watch - let alone a couple of $$s and postage...

Now this sounds like a show I'll pay thousands to watch - let alone a couple of $$s and postage...

4506[/snapback]

SDS, sounds like Nick will be paying for the board for the next few years once I finish the Sounds of the Game project :rolleyes:

CW

Wow, I must be turning into a crusty old cynic because I wasn't impressed with the show at all. We didn't get to hear hardly anybody making defensive calls, they edited out virtually all yapping before/after plays, and the most likely voice you were likely to hear was Foutss' broadcast from the booth(I like Fouts a lot but wasn't the idea to hearwhat was happening on the field?). There are thousands of hilarious things that go on over the course of a single ballgame and NFL films managed to edit out almost every one of them.

For those of you that couldn't/didn't catch it, don't beat yourselves up because you didn't really miss much of anything interesting.

Cya

I am also interested in a DVD of it, will pay $$$ for sure! email me if anybody is interested in sending me a DVD

5583[/snapback]

As an update for everyone who's posting here and mailing me privately -- I'll be making this into a DVD in the next couple of weeks. I'll also be putting on a segment on TKO that was on MAAD Sports last year that was pretty cool. I'll post on here when it's done; probably 2-3 weeks.

CW

Archived