mike terrible towel tomlin

per SI . I'm surprised. I thought Grimm was in.

I'm surprised, too. But mainly because Tomlin brings a Cover-2 philosophy. The Steelers have been a 34 for a long time, and their personnel is not currently suited to a 43 Cover-2. Maybe he'll keep LeBeau; it wouldn't make any sense to let him go and totally revamp one of the best and most consistent defenses in the past 5 years.

If they DO convert to a Cover-2 it will also be bad for us in a roundabout way. It means yet another team will be drafting players that fit our defense, and gunning for players in FA that fit our defense. The right cogs in our machine will be harder to get - more competition as more defenses shift to the 2. Meanwhile, disassembled 34s make a lot of talented players available to the teams that are dedicated to that style permanently; most notably New England and the Jets. And if Capers stays in Miami, them too. What we want as a team newly dedicated to the Tampa-2 is more teams going to the 34 defense, which thins out their available talent and gives us a deeper pool. But I see the opposite is starting to happen, with the Lions and Vikings and now Steelers joining that fray.

We'll see. Still gotta play the games.

I'm surprised, too. But mainly because Tomlin brings a Cover-2 philosophy. The Steelers have been a 34 for a long time, and their personnel is not currently suited to a 43 Cover-2. Maybe he'll keep LeBeau; it wouldn't make any sense to let him go and totally revamp one of the best and most consistent defenses in the past 5 years.

If they DO convert to a Cover-2 it will also be bad for us in a roundabout way. It means yet another team will be drafting players that fit our defense, and gunning for players in FA that fit our defense. The right cogs in our machine will be harder to get - more competition as more defenses shift to the 2. Meanwhile, disassembled 34s make a lot of talented players available to the teams that are dedicated to that style permanently; most notably New England and the Jets. And if Capers stays in Miami, them too. What we want as a team newly dedicated to the Tampa-2 is more teams going to the 34 defense, which thins out their available talent and gives us a deeper pool. But I see the opposite is starting to happen, with the Lions and Vikings and now Steelers joining that fray.

We'll see. Still gotta play the games.

OTOH, this would also mean that more college coaches would implement systems that produce players ready to play in a Cover 2 scheme