Majority Oppose Calif. Spanking Ban

Tux of Borg

California, the land of fruits and nuts!

I'm not sure why, but I would expect something a bit more original. I grew up constantly viewing California as some whacked out state that was one little tremor away from extinction, and I vowed I would never have anything to do with this place. But times change, and thinking can change, and for the past 15 years, this state has been my home. And while it does some odd things, I recently learned a bit about this state I thought was interesting.

Did you know if California was a nation, it would have the sixth largest economy in the world? According to The Economist magazine, California has more Nobel Laureates, more scientists, more engineers, more researchers, and more high-tech companies than any other state, and is responsible for one of every four U.S. patents. It accounts for one of every five U.S. technology jobs and attracts almost half of all U.S. venture capital. It also has some of the best universities in the country.

Oddly enough, though, I found out it's just a front because we're all secretly fruits and nuts. :thumbsup:

Editor's Note: I had no idea you were from Northern California. Sorry I must have missed your sarcasm.

I'm not sure why, but I would expect something a bit more original. I grew up constantly viewing California as some whacked out state that was one little tremor away from extinction, and I vowed I would never have anything to do with this place. But times change, and thinking can change, and for the past 15 years, this state has been my home. And while it does some odd things, I recently learned a bit about this state I thought was interesting.

Did you know if California was a nation, it would have the sixth largest economy in the world? According to The Economist magazine, California has more Nobel Laureates, more scientists, more engineers, more researchers, and more high-tech companies than any other state, and is responsible for one of every four U.S. patents. It accounts for one of every five U.S. technology jobs and attracts almost half of all U.S. venture capital. It also has some of the best universities in the country.

Oddly enough, though, I found out it's just a front because we're all secretly fruits and nuts. :thumbsup:

Editor's Note: I had no idea you were from Northern California. Sorry I must have missed your sarcasm.

You are also home to the most illegal bean pickers in the nation too.....congratulations!

You are also home to the most illegal bean pickers in the nation too.....congratulations!

There's no doubting that, and it's a pretty big wart on this state. But in truth, a wall was going to be built to keep them out, but the new congress has decided to try and change that, despite the fact that most people in the country support it.

Just to add some fuel to the fire: Sally Lieber, the assemblywoman proposing this, does not have any children.

Have you seen her picture?

To quote Austin Powers" She's a man, baby!"

Do you know much about Lawyer stuff?

When I was teaveling with Lee she would spank me quite a bit. We were in California at least a few times when this happened. Can I sue her? I probably won't anyway but want to know my options.

I realize I am more than 3, but feel that the new law has age discrimination. That would be a separate lawsuit.

Isn't there a law against taking somebody across state lines for the purpose of spanking?

No, wait... Forget that... That is the Mann Act, and it is debauchery...

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

Oddly enough, though, I found out it's just a front because we're all secretly fruits and nuts. :worthy:

Do you think the last mass migration in US history has something to do with that... That migration happening during the Dust Bowls of the 1930's and Great Depression?

Couple that with later prospering growth...

Just a thought...