A SLEEPER PICK

chetsap

I LIVE ABOUT 20 MINUETS FROM PITTSBURG KANSAS AND I HAVE SEEN THIS GUY PLAY. HE IS AWESOME TO WATCH AND HAS ALOT OF POWER. HE IS 6-0, 225 LBS, 335 LBS BENCH, 600 LBS SQUAT, 4.45 SEC 40 YRD DASH, AND CAN POWER CLEAN 425 LBS. FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DONT KNOW HE IS FROM THE SAME COLLEGE THAT OUR BEST PLAYER, BRIAN MOORMAN, IS FROM. I THINK HE MIGHT GO UNNOTICED AND HE WOULD BE A GREAT ADD TO THE TEAM. HERE IS SOME OF HIS STATS. ITS JUST A THOUGHT...

NEW YORK -- Pittsburg State University senior tailback Germaine Race was named to the first-team Associated Press Little All-America Team Thursday (Dec. 14).

The Warrensburg, Mo., native becomes a three-time All-America selection for the Gorillas. Race rushed 310 times for 1,944 yards and 31 touchdowns during his senior season, helping Pitt State to a 10-2 record including a 35-27 win over Bemidji State University in the Mineral Water Bowl.

In his final collegiate game, Race broke the NCAA Division II all-time rushing record. At midseason, he became the most prolific scorer in the history of college football. He finished with 52-game career with 6,985 rushing yards and 658 points.

Race, one of three finalists invited to Florence, Ala., for the presentation of the 2006 Harlon Hill Trophy honoring the National Player of the Year, is joined in the first-team Little All-America backfield by his Hill Trophy finalist mates quarterback Cullen Finnerty of Grand Valley State University and running back Danny Woodhead of Chadron State College.

I LIVE ABOUT 20 MINUETS FROM PITTSBURG KANSAS AND I HAVE SEEN THIS GUY PLAY. HE IS AWESOME TO WATCH AND HAS ALOT OF POWER. HE IS 6-0, 225 LBS, 335 LBS BENCH, 600 LBS SQUAT, 4.45 SEC 40 YRD DASH, AND CAN POWER CLEAN 425 LBS. FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DONT KNOW HE IS FROM THE SAME COLLEGE THAT OUR BEST PLAYER, BRIAN MOORMAN, IS FROM. I THINK HE MIGHT GO UNNOTICED AND HE WOULD BE A GREAT ADD TO THE TEAM. HERE IS SOME OF HIS STATS. ITS JUST A THOUGHT...

NEW YORK -- Pittsburg State University senior tailback Germaine Race was named to the first-team Associated Press Little All-America Team Thursday (Dec. 14).

The Warrensburg, Mo., native becomes a three-time All-America selection for the Gorillas. Race rushed 310 times for 1,944 yards and 31 touchdowns during his senior season, helping Pitt State to a 10-2 record including a 35-27 win over Bemidji State University in the Mineral Water Bowl.

In his final collegiate game, Race broke the NCAA Division II all-time rushing record. At midseason, he became the most prolific scorer in the history of college football. He finished with 52-game career with 6,985 rushing yards and 658 points.

Race, one of three finalists invited to Florence, Ala., for the presentation of the 2006 Harlon Hill Trophy honoring the National Player of the Year, is joined in the first-team Little All-America backfield by his Hill Trophy finalist mates quarterback Cullen Finnerty of Grand Valley State University and running back Danny Woodhead of Chadron State College.

Interesting...hard to tell with these superstars from non-premier schools...

I wish there was a football site for draft purposes that direct all attention to guys like this and where they could end up in the draft.

Maybe call it the sleepers of the draft.....or something like that.

Sometimes guys from smaller school make better players. They are thankfull for the opportunity to play the game at the next level and its more about playing football and not so much about the money aspect of it.

I wish there was a football site for draft purposes that direct all attention to guys like this and where they could end up in the draft.

Maybe call it the sleepers of the draft.....or something like that.

Sometimes guys from smaller school make better players. They are thankfull for the opportunity to play the game at the next level and its more about playing football and not so much about the money aspect of it.

There are a number that scout the smaller schools. Check around.

i dunno, gotta question the education he got. I mean the college doesn't know how to spell Pittsburgh right

Not so fast... :)

When the U.S. Government was trying to standardize map names around the turn of the 19th century, the "h" was dropped from place names (the explanation was that it would save printing costs :thumbsup: ).

This did not sit well in many communities - for reasons of heritage in those towns. "burgh" is Scottish, as in "Edinburgh". "burg" is German, as in "Heidelburg".

So after a while, towns demanded and got their "h" returned.

And Pittsburg State University is in...Kansas.

Not so fast... :devil:

When the U.S. Government was trying to standardize map names around the turn of the 19th century, the "h" was dropped from place names (the explanation was that it would save printing costs :thumbsup: ).

This did not sit well in many communities - for reasons of heritage in those towns. "burgh" is Scottish, as in "Edinburgh". "burg" is German, as in "Heidelburg".

So after a while, towns demanded and got their "h" returned.

And Pittsburg State University is in...Kansas.

I thought that was Kansash. :)

I wouldn't count it out. Marv likes sm. college players... Hansen, Beebe, Reed. The one thing Marv and Butler used to say was that a sm. college player must dominate at that level for them to have a chance... and it seems like this kid is dominant at that level. The only question now is does he have footbal smarts, can he block & catch, and be an ASSET in the passing game? Will he hit the hole and leave a footprint on someone's chest?

Race is not a sleeper- he's a very good RB

Yeah this guy is not below the Radar- I don't remember him having a 4.45 forty- so I'll have to check that or wait for the combine- it's hard to compare 40s until everyone running in the same conditions.

Brian, is that you? :D