More recalls - Toyota Tundra/Sequoia, Honda Accord

stuckincincy

Toyota has announced a recall of 533,000 2004 - 07 model year Tundra pick-up trucks and full-size Sequoia SUV's for lower ball joint failure.

Honda recalls 81,000 2004 - 05 Accords for a weight sensor failure that causes full-force air bag discharge to the detriment of the small of stature.

Nice.

Toyota:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2806130

Honda:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/17/...usiness_2369264

Toyota has announced a recall of 533,000 2004 - 07 model year Tundra pick-up trucks and full-size Sequoia SUV's for lower ball joint failure.

Honda recalls 81,000 2004 - 05 Accords for a weight sensor failure that causes full-force air bag discharge to the detriment of the small of stature.

Nice.

Toyota:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2806130

Honda:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/17/...usiness_2369264

Good to know. Come and call me when these jap cars have massive engine problems due to blown headgaskets, defective water pumps and burn or leak close to a liter a week of oil.

And I'm pretty sure if you were to do a search for all the recalls, you'd get a sh-- load from each car company, but I guess I won't use the lessons my friends/family members who work in the industry who tell me that jap cars are solid, i'll trust some idiot with a bias on the internet.

A tad overpriced IMHO. Still a nice car though.

Yeah, once I actually test drive it I'll know if I want to pay the premium to own one. Most of the consumer reviews I've read have been very positive, though. I've also noticed that a 2003-2004 Audi A4 with low mileage can be had for a little less than a new GTI....that has my interest piqued, as well. The A4 has been my dream car for a while now. Ed mentioned to me that they may have some reliability issues, so I need to look into that. But I'm 90% certain I'm goin' German with this buy.

Yeah, once I actually test drive it I'll know if I want to pay the premium to own one. Most of the consumer reviews I've read have been very positive, though. I've also noticed that a 2003-2004 Audi A4 with low mileage can be had for a little less than a new GTI....that has my interest piqued, as well. The A4 has been my dream car for a while now. Ed mentioned to me that they may have some reliability issues, so I need to look into that. But I'm 90% certain I'm goin' German with this buy.

I would recommend going Italian. Specifically FIAT and I could fix it for you since my name is tony :thumbsup:

I have an '01 A4 that I love. I've also been warned about long term reliability concerns but it's been six years with no problems.

Very cool! Can you give me an idea of what routine maintenance is like on your car? Are you able to do the basic stuff on your own (e.g. oil changes, belts, plugs, etc), or does the car require a technician for even routine stuff? I'm a proponent of taking the car to the dealer service department for scheduled maintenance, but I dn't want to have to be going back and forth every time I need a damn oil change.

I know that the A4 is considered an entry level "luxury" vehicle, so I didn't know if that meant more headaches with regard to maintenance. Would you buy another one?

I would recommend going Italian. Specifically FIAT and I could fix it for you since my name is tony :thumbsup:

LOL....what kind of car does Totti drive?

I've had two Audi A6 sedans that I bought off-lease.

They are cream-puffs i.e., a delight to drive - from the way the seats feel (heated seat and back), to the way they grip the road (both mine are quattros). My experience with them has been great. No regrets. The A4 is it's slightly smaller - but its appointments are as nice.

Take a couple out for a ride. I think it'll make you grin.

Very cool! Can you give me an idea of what routine maintenance is like on your car? Are you able to do the basic stuff on your own (e.g. oil changes, belts, plugs, etc), or does the car require a technician for even routine stuff? I'm a proponent of taking the car to the dealer service department for scheduled maintenance, but I dn't want to have to be going back and forth every time I need a damn oil change.

I know that the A4 is considered an entry level "luxury" vehicle, so I didn't know if that meant more headaches with regard to maintenance. Would you buy another one?

I think these cars are more difficult to work on yourself, but you'd need to ask a mechanic. I'm not a car guy so I take mine in for everything. The dealers are very expensive for routine (and big) maintance, but I got everything free for the first four years since I bought mine new. Now I get oil changes, etc. at a local mechanic. In my neighborhood they all know how to work on foreign cars.

Yes I'd buy another one, but would also consider others in that price range (BMW, Mercedes, etc).

I would recommend going Italian. Specifically FIAT and I could fix it for you since my name is tony :D

my Dad drove a Fiat for a few months years ago. Because pile of crap I have ever been in! So unreliable- he got rid of it as soon as he could. Jap and German cars are where its at!

AJ, just remember this simple rule.

Foreign > American when it comes to cars. :D

With all due respect to Cincy, I'm with ya there, Lord!