USA Today 50% off....8 Weeks for $14

taterhill

Why do people still buy newspapers when you can get all the info for free online? I don't understand that myself...

Cause unless ya got some kind of stand or something like that to place a laptop if front of the commode, ys still need a paper for your morning constitutional :thumbsup:

Cause unless ya got some kind of stand or something like that to place a laptop if front of the commode, ys still need a paper for your morning constitutional :thumbsup:

Well, I've never understood why people would want to sit above their own crap and read the paper either. I guess I'll just stay mystified :)

Why do people still buy newspapers when you can get all the info for free online? I don't understand that myself...

The typeface in a paper is easier on the eyes - and it's not surrounded by distracting boxes, offers, things dancing about.

You often notice other items of interest. There occasionally other viewpoints.

And I have chronically seen on-line content edited, or truncated, compared to the print version. Additionally, print items offer a better chance of reading something with fact behind it - they are under more scrutiny IMO than the gazillions of net sites, for libel and slander suits.

The typeface in a paper is easier on the eyes - and it's not surrounded by distracting boxes, offers, things dancing about.

You often notice other items of interest. There occasionally other viewpoints.

And I have chronically seen on-line content edited, or truncated, compared to the print version. Additionally, print items offer a better chance of reading something with fact behind it - they are under more scrutiny IMO than the gazillions of net sites, for libel and slander suits.

I was more talking about sites like usatoday.com, not general net sites :thumbsup:

Because our local papers webpage sucks. Most of the time they will either never put an article online, or if they do, 1/2 to 2/3 of it will be missing.

just stop at the local hotel , get the free breakfast and read the paper . why buy ?

That's what I do just about every week for USA Today.

put it on your lap

not that i've tried it or anything :)