For All You Willis Haters

lets run through AFC teams and see where it makes obvious sense to trade him for their starting RB:

pats: NO = dillon is too old and maroney has shown he can be stopped too many times for me to believe he's a true #1

jets: NO

miami: maybe = ronnie brown is capable but he has shown some injury proneness and he was much better when he was spelled often by ricky williams in 05 season

jags: NO = taylor too old and not versatile

colts: = maybe, addai, but he's on the small side and plays in a system with a lot of talent that makes it easy to rack up yards

titans: NO = i dont want travis back. same problems of being too small and not fast enough to break big plays and catch passes. sure he played well against us with revenge on his mind but he doesnt play that well week in and week out

steelers: maybe

browns: NO, droughns

ravens: NO, they can keep that lump lewis

chiefs: maybe, call me crazy for saying maybe but the 2 nationally televised games i saw LJ play - chargers regular season and colts post season - he completely laid eggs. right now i think hes one of the most over hyped players in the league

bronco: NO, bell does nothing for me especially in a broncos system that makes RBs look better than they really are (eg portis)

chargers: YES, LT for sure, no brainer

raiders: NO to jordan or fargas, wprst offense ive ever seen in the NFL

bengals: NO, for comments on Rudy see chiefs above

texans: ummmm, NO, they can keep ron dayne, i think he's gotten a bad rap but i still like willis a lot more

so there you go, only a single YES to the leagues MVP, 4 Maybes and the rest NOs. you can change things at the margin here or there, maybe some will argue for a few more YES's or Maybe's but i cant see any legitimate analysis where the majority arent NOs. so all you willis haters should stop acting like a. he's so bad and b. there's some great pool of backs out there. like it or not he is one of the players bills can least afford to lose. thankfully coach jauron knows this and has things in perspective by not getting all worked up over the comments of a 25 year old kid to stupid old penthouse (circulaion 10 copies) or indiscredtion with loose women. like that other stuff really matters on sunday.

Great. Just what the board was missing, another Willis thread. Especially one cut-and-pasted from yesterday.

Anyone actually have anything NEW to add to this discussion?

Great. Just what the board was missing, another Willis thread. Especially one cut-and-pasted from yesterday.

it was buried in an old thread and no one saw it (but us.) reposted BECAUSE of all the non-stop willis bashing

it was buried in an old thread and no one saw it (but us.) reposted BECAUSE of all the non-stop willis bashing

Most people saw it, trust me. It's just that no one thought it was worthy of responding to.

lets run through AFC teams and see where it makes obvious sense to trade him for their starting RB:

pats: NO = dillon is too old and maroney has shown he can be stopped too many times for me to believe he's a true #1

miami: maybe = ronnie brown is capable but he has shown some injury proneness and he was much better when he was spelled often by ricky williams in 05 season

colts: = maybe, addai, but he's on the small side and plays in a system with a lot of talent that makes it easy to rack up yards

titans: NO = i dont want travis back. same problems of being too small and not fast enough to break big plays and catch passes. sure he played well against us with revenge on his mind but he doesnt play that well week in and week out

chiefs: maybe, call me crazy for saying maybe but the 2 nationally televised games i saw LJ play - chargers regular season and colts post season - he completely laid eggs. right now i think hes one of the most over hyped players in the league

bronco: NO, bell does nothing for me especially in a broncos system that makes RBs look better than they really are (eg portis)

texans: ummmm, NO, they can keep ron dayne, i think he's gotten a bad rap but i still like willis a lot more

so there you go, only a single YES to the leagues MVP, 4 Maybes and the rest NOs. you can change things at the margin here or there, maybe some will argue for a few more YES's or Maybe's but i cant see any legitimate analysis where the majority arent NOs. so all you willis haters should stop acting like a. he's so bad and b. there's some great pool of backs out there. like it or not he is one of the players bills can least afford to lose. thankfully coach jauron knows this and has things in perspective by not getting all worked up over the comments of a 25 year old kid to stupid old penthouse (circulaion 10 copies) or indiscredtion with loose women. like that other stuff really matters on sunday.

You really wouldn't trade McGahee for LJ? You're an idiot. The only reason these trades don't make any sense is because no body would be dumb enough to trade most of the backs listed for WM. I saw more out of Maroney in 1 quarter of football than I have in WM this year. Only backs I wouldn't trade him for that you listed are.......Dayne, Bell, J. Lewis, L. Jordan

so all you willis haters should stop acting like a. he's so bad and b. there's some great pool of backs out there. like it or not he is one of the players bills can least afford to lose. thankfully coach jauron knows this and has things in perspective by not getting all worked up over the comments of a 25 year old kid to stupid old penthouse (circulaion 10 copies) or indiscredtion with loose women. like that other stuff really matters on sunday.

Son, grow up... and get over yourself. Just because 99% of real Bills fans think Willis sucks, is a bum, and ought to hit the bricks doesn' mean he's hated. It just means adios!

Willis had 3 years to prove himself. By NFL standards and how RBs are measured, he is below average and in the league's bottom third. The Bills ranked 30th in offense this season, yet Evans and Losman had very good seasons by NFL standards. Oh yeah... now you're going to blame the Oline for Willis' lack of production... how pathetic. When is Willis accountable for Willis?

Willis has no game. He doesn't even avg. 4.0 YPC. He has no elusiveness. He has no more speed than an average back. He's a not just a non-factor in the passing game, he's a total liability... from missing blitz pickups, recognizing defenses, and receiving passes. This offense cannot get any better than it is until Willis is gone. If you don't recognize that, then you're either totally blind or you paid way too much for your WM jersey and won't admit it.

This team needs a back that can do everything that Willis can't... and that's a lot.

Rumor has it that Britney Spears is pregnant again...you don't think that the father is.....???? Nah--couldn't be...

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...5006024,00.html

If this keeps up--Willis will threaten the records of the following subjects for numbers of threads:

1) Flutie/Johnson

2) Mike Sherman is our coach

3) I hate JP

4) I love JP

5) Drew is great

6) Drew Sucks

7) Marv Levy is old

8) Dick Jauron is boring

9) TD is great

10) TD sucks

11) Mularkey is great

12) Mularkey sucks

13) Fire Greggo--

14) George Siefert is at the airport

and many many others

---------------

You must be under 12.

browns: NO, droughns