Kevin Curtis Vs Mike Furrey

I lkie Furrey. He is a big target that goes across the middle, unlike PP who gets alligator arms .

In the past I might have agreed with you but that wasn't a problem for him this year. I don't remember many notable dropped passes by any of the WR's. I wish I could say the same about Robert Royal.

Well Furrey and his great hands are out of the question now.(He caught the highest percentages of balls thrown to him of any of the top 15 receivers)(granted they were short and intermediate routes mostly)

With the free agent receiver crop so thin- Kevin Curtis will garner attention by teams who are in MUCH greater need than we are.

Thus- he will not be a Bill.

I think I'll need some convincing that Furrey was anything but a fluke last year. Remember Michael Clayton '04? Or, for that matter, Peerless Price '02? If he comes ridiculously cheap, well, that's another story. I'm guessing he'll be back in Detroit.

Curtis would be a good player if we didn't already have Price and Parrish. He might be marginally better, but his strenghths are being a small, quicker guy, not really what we're missing.

I'd say Bennett is the ideal choice, if he's not asking for too much money - he's an ideal possession/#2 type to complement the speedsters. I'd look at Bobby Engram and Patrick Crayton as well, neither of whom have size but have shown reliable hands.

Other guys we might consider in the Bennett mold would be Kelley Washington and Billy McMullen, while neither have produced like Bennett have they both have the size to be a good compliment to the WRs we currently have on our roster.