Feb 16-Feb 20th the taterhill family is coming to the VA/DC area

taterhill

we will be visiting my wifes sister....anyone know of a good place to catch any Sabres games during that time? I believe she lives in Vienna? but I am not sure...DC TOM I expect you to be rolling out the welcome mat...

Been a LONG time since I went out to watch a sabres game in DC. But back in da day, place called Greveys, on Gallows rd and RT 50 in Merrifield was a good Buffalo sports bar. It is where I watched the 1-0 , 4 overtime calssic with the Devils!!!

Course, ESPN zone in the district would have the games on.

Now, I know this may be sacriledge on this board, but you are talking regular season games here, why not get out and enjoy the city sted of holed up in a bar watching the game. OTOH, when a need a break from all the FAMILY time, what better excuse than to watch a game!!!!!! Use it all the time.

BTW, the Marine Corps museum just opened near Quantico, very cool place

Been a LONG time since I went out to watch a sabres game in DC. But back in da day, place called Greveys, on Gallows rd and RT 50 in Merrifield was a good Buffalo sports bar. It is where I watched the 1-0 , 4 overtime calssic with the Devils!!!

Now, I know this may be sacriledge on this board, but you are talking regular season games here, why not get out and enjoy the city sted of holed up in a bar watching the game. OTOH, when a need a break from all the FAMILY time, what better excuse than to watch a game!!!!!! Use it all the time.

thanks

we will be visiting my wifes sister....anyone know of a good place to catch any Sabres games during that time? I believe she lives in Vienna? but I am not sure...DC TOM I expect you to be rolling out the welcome mat...

The best place in the area to see Sabres games is Bailey's in Crystal City. I'm not sure if the games at that time will be among the "official" games where the local Sabres backers club gets bar specials and the sound or not but there seems to be fans there for every game and we have talked them into giving us sound even for "unofficial" games.

Other places to see games would be Jimmy's Old Town Tavern, Greveys and I'm sure Glory Days on Nutley Street in Vienna would put the game on. I doubt there would be other fans at Greveys or Glory Days.

Directions to Bailey's

Bailey's Crystal City

2010 Crystal Dr.

Arlington, VA 22202

(703) 416-0452

Coming from the City:

Yellow to Huntington or Blue to Franc. Springfield

Off at Crystal City

Make a right off the Metro (towards 20th St.)

Head up the FIRST ESCALATOR ONLY

Make a left towards 20th/23rd St.- it looks like you're walking into a mall

Walk straight (it's a bit of a walk) towards 20th St.

When you have the choice to go right to 23rd street or left to 20th street---

Make a left and go out the doors

Make a right outside of the doors

Make a right on Crystal Drive

Bailey's is on the right- you have to walk up the stairs to get to the bar.

Driving:

Route 1

Left on 20th St.

Right into the parking garage before Crystal Dr.- IT's FREE PARKING

Walk out of the parking garage towards Crystal Drive

Make a right on Crystal Drive

Bailey's is on the right- you have to walk up the stairs to get to the bar.

Don't send him there. That's close to my house, and it will takes months to get rid of the smell. :unsure:

Besides, not sure he'll appreciate the new museum. Too much of a tard. :devil:

Serious tater, make sure you go to the Vienna Inn. It's a landmark. Make sure you order burgers, or something. Just make sure you say the dogs suck. :unsure:

Also, Greveys is a good place to catch sports, not too far from there. Also, you may want to check out a George Mason BB game while here, tickets are fairly cheap, decent team, and easy to get to and from the arena.

Serious tater, make sure you go to the Vienna Inn. It's a landmark. Make sure you order burgers, or something. Just make sure you say the dogs suck. :unsure:

Also, Greveys is a good place to catch sports, not too far from there. Also, you may want to check out a George Mason BB game while here, tickets are fairly cheap, decent team, and easy to get to and from the arena.

Ahh....the Vienna Inn chili dogs....now that's good eatin'

Jimmy's is the best "Buffalo bar" outside WNY...go to the link provided above....you will not be disappointed.

Grevey's in Falls Church is closer to Vienna than Bailey's in Crystal City, and should be showing Sabres games. Grevey's is sort-of "known" as a Buffalo sports bar (bar manager's a big Bills fan, they show Sabres games as well). Bailey's, though, has more cowbell.

Looks like the games that'll be on for your trip are a Boston game on the 17th and Philly on the 20th...and the Philly game's tentatively scheduled to be shown on "Versus" (stupid name for a network :unsure: ). Anyone with cable in this area gets Versus (though they probably don't know it; I don't think anyone watches it except hockey fans).

• 4 weeks later...

BTW, just a thought, but the Crystal City Restuarant may be a fine establishment to catch the game.

plus they used to serve beef on weck, not sure if they still do...greveys would be my suggestion, although for a big nite of drinking, might i suggest the brikskeller in the embassy district of NW DC.......

Grevey's in Falls Church is closer to Vienna than Bailey's in Crystal City, and should be showing Sabres games. Grevey's is sort-of "known" as a Buffalo sports bar (bar manager's a big Bills fan, they show Sabres games as well). Bailey's, though, has more cowbell.

Looks like the games that'll be on for your trip are a Boston game on the 17th and Philly on the 20th...and the Philly game's tentatively scheduled to be shown on "Versus" (stupid name for a network :wallbash: ). Anyone with cable in this area gets Versus (though they probably don't know it; I don't think anyone watches it except hockey fans).