Weird

Stussy109

linky-thingy

"• A club can designate one franchise player or one transition player in any given year.

• The salary level offer by a player's old club determines what type of franchise player he is.

• An "exclusive" franchise player -- not free to sign with another club -- is offered a minimum of the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of April 16, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater.

• If the player is offered a minimum of the average of the top five salaries of last season at his position, or 120 percent of the player’s previous year’s salary, he becomes a “non-exclusive” franchise player and can negotiate with other clubs. His old club can match a new club's offer, or receive two first-round draft choices if it decides not to match.

The signing period for non-exclusive franchise players to sign with new clubs is March 3 through November 9 (10th week of the season).

• A transition player has received a minimum offer of the average of the top 10 salaries of last season at the player's position or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater.

• A transition player designation gives the club a first-refusal right to match within seven days an offer sheet given to the player by another club after his contract expires. If the club matches, it retains the player. If it does not match, it receives no compensation. Transition players can be signed from March 3 through July 22."

Whereas Marv said he wouldn't tag Nate with the "Franchise" label, maybe what he really meant was the "exclusive" franchise player. Remember - that's what Nate was last year. He wasn't allowed to shop his services to other clubs.

However, this year Marv could "offer him a minimum of the average of the top five salaries of last season at his position, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary - thus making him a "non-exclusive" franchise player who can bargain with other clubs. Then the shoe comes back on Ralph's foot - he matches the offer or take two number ones from the basstiges who sign Nate away from us.

Somehow, I just can't believe that Marv won't offer Nate an amount equal to what will automatically make Nate a "non-exclusive" franchise player. What? We're not allowed to make our own players an lucrative offer? And then on top of that get talt in compensation because he walks? That makes no sense to me whatsoever. However, the Will Wilford contract hookie dookie didn't make sense either.

If Nate walks, we should get the 2 Number Ones from Washington (:bag: did I let that out of the bag?) Screw Dummy Sneeder and his Defensive Coordinator too. And while I'm at it, F-U Gibbs!