The Top Five RBs in the league, and why it's not even close

It's a sad commentary that you think it's a bad idea to hold people to a higher standard. I can't believe you people don't give a sh-- that the alcoholic wife beater child molester or whatever sits next to you at work as long as he puts in a solid 8 hour day and is a good guy to go to lunch with.

Here's the truth. If you gather high character people together, you get more high character people. If you gather degenerates, you encourage degenerates. What Marv is doing is try to build a class organization--it's a good goal for any business to strive for. It's an especially good one for a business that lives in the public eye.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are confusing two separate points. Many think WM is not a very special running back...average to slightly above average. For that reason we don't think he's worth a contract renegotitiation. Myself, I think we should address other needs keep him and see if he earns another contract with us next year. If he turns out to be good watch him take the money and run somewhere else. If not, listen to his excuses.

Separate and entirely different, I happen to think impregnating three women to whom you aren't married and not taking the time and effort to raise the kids (whether married or not and without disparaging single parents who do take time to raise the kids properly) is low life. I may be wrong in Willis case and he might get up every morning and drive to the mother's house and play with each kid for an hour every day. God Bless him.

In either case, low-life or not, he hasn't proven to be much of a running back.

4. Brian Calhoun: Reads Cat Fancy and not Penthouse. Is celibate and plans to be a minister. No baby mommas. Says great things about Detroit even though he doesn't believe them.

Peerless got his subscription extended 6 months for the referral...

It's a sad commentary that you think it's a bad idea to hold people to a higher standard. I can't believe you people don't give a sh-- that the alcoholic wife beater child molester or whatever sits next to you at work as long as he puts in a solid 8 hour day and is a good guy to go to lunch with.

Here's the truth. If you gather high character people together, you get more high character people. If you gather degenerates, you encourage degenerates. What Marv is doing is try to build a class organization--it's a good goal for any business to strive for. It's an especially good one for a business that lives in the public eye.

The standard of "high character" you're setting out here has never been the standard of the Bills, which I think was Kelly's point when he named many of the team's past stars.

And now having 3 kids out of wedlock + saying stupid things = being an alcoholic wife beating child molester? You're right that there is a line, I wouldn't want Rae Carruth on my team, but there's a big gap between that and Willis.

The standard of "high character" you're setting out here has never been the standard of the Bills, which I think was Kelly's point when he named many of the team's past stars.

So what? That standard can't change?

Eric Moulds was a lowlife scumbag woman-strangler/beater. When he left and I brought that up, people said this same bull sh----why would I care? He was their hero and all that crap.

1. Artose Pinner: Extremely well spoken. Same girlfriend since 11th grade. No baby mommas. Loves Minneapolis and never wants them to move to St. Paul.

2. Cedric Houston: Always talks in complete sentences. Happily married. No baby mommas. Never says a bad word about NY or NJ.

3. Sammy Morris: Never kids with the press. Practices safe sex. No baby mommas. Still speaks highly of Buffalo even though he plays for Miami.

4. Brian Calhoun: Reads Cat Fancy and not Penthouse. Is celibate and plans to be a minister. No baby mommas. Says great things about Detroit even though he doesn't believe them.

5. P.J. Pope: Dead serious all the time. Demands blowjobs from ho's so they don't get pregnant. Only one baby momma. Says Green Bay, Wisconsin is the best place to live ever.

I disagree. My top five would be:

1. LaDanian Tomlinson. That one is pretty obvious.

2. Larry Johnson. A between the tackles workhorse who is actually damn fast. That's rare.

3. Frank Gore. He'd be #2 if he had done it for more than one year. The fact that he did it with the Niners is simply amazing.

4. Deuce McAllister. He'll never put up the numbers of these other guys given that he has to share time with Bush, but what an explosive runner. A really underrated player.

5. Bryant Westbrook. I'd like to place him higher, but he just gets nicked up a tad too much. He does it all, though.

Honorable mention: Shaun Alexander. He showed me something in the Chicago game -- that was some good running -- but is it just me or does he look a tiny bit slower *after he hits the hole* than in years past?

Honorable mention: Fred Taylor. He's always been good and is still, but the injuries and age make him a bit more of a risk than in the past. The same could probably be said for Clinton Portis.

Honorable mention: Stephen Jackson. Perhaps he should be in there, and perhaps I'm not being fair. He is an excellent player, but a) I don't see enough of him and b) it seems that their passing game opens up so much for him.

Tiki would be in my top five (over Westbrook) if not for his retirement.

unless you don't like the fact that he is fertile.

I don't like the fact that he shows up to play 2-3 times a year, thinks he's a scat-back in a big back's body, he doesn't put his head down and plow into defenders when there are no yards to be had, he’s below average catching the ball and his blitz pickups leave a lot to be desired.

The bottom line is that if he were a good back people would put up with his “I’m a star” attitude and all the other stuff. Because he's mediocre (at best) it all gets magnified because it’s easy to criticize.

There is an unwritten rule in sports: If you’re not a very good player STFU and keep your nose clean. It would be nice if the star players did the same but who am I kidding.