Muhammad Ali 65 years old today....

millbank

Draft dodger. ;)

At his birthday party he said, "ojhduah[h[gh[ifhowhfhhhfhjjwouoiqwryioweythefcjhhfhhohd;fhkdjghlksjdhgerytpeyt, I am the greatest. :blush: "

In all seriousness, I enjoyed all of his fights, I saw them all. :beer:

After Muhammed Ali said he would not fight in war, no state would give him license to fight. He went to Canada tried Montreal, because they were going the hold The Worlds Fair, (Expo 67) Montreal Mayor of that time Jean Drapeau told Ali " get out of town you draft dodger. The co-owner of Toronto's Maple Gardens, told the promoter, come to Toronto Ali was welcome to fight in Maple Leaf Gardens. Ballards half partner was against this though, so Harold Ballard bought Staford Smythe out. Ali and Canadian George Chuvalo fought in Maple Leaf Gardens.

Interview

After Muhammed Ali said he would not fight in war, no state would give him license to fight. He went to Canada tried Montreal, because they were going the hold The Worlds Fair, (Expo 67) Montreal Mayor of that time Jean Drapeau told Ali " get out of town you draft dodger. The co-owner of Toronto's Maple Gardens, told the promoter, come to Toronto Ali was welcome to fight in Maple Leaf Gardens. Ballards half partner was against this though, so Harold Ballard bought Staford Smythe out. Ali and Canadian George Chuvalo fought in Maple Leaf Gardens.

Interview

I know, I know. I watched those fights in the 60's , et. all

His brain is mush because he's an idiot. Great fighter, but still an idiot.

I know, I know. I watched those fights in the 60's , et. all

His brain is mush because he's an idiot. Great fighter, but still an idiot.

I take exception to this statement eryn.

I think his his brain is mush because he was a great fighter. Actually no, his brain is not mush. I take that back. He has Parkinson's disease and is all there mentally. The question is, was the Parkinson's caused by boxing?

Man is far from an idiot though. Even in his incapacitated state.

I certainly don't believe in a lot of the things he has stood for over time, but the man has stood up for himself in an admirable way.

The man stood tall for what he believed was right, and paid a price for it and fought back from the animosity about it.

And he has done a lot of goodwill in his time. Espescially with kids, and even over generations. Even today with kids who don't know who the hell he is. And he still manages to put a smile on their face with a magic trick here and there.

And while I remember and admire him for that and his put your money where your mouth is mentality,

I despise him at the same time for some of the very things the man has stood for.

Perhaps those thoughts have softened over time seeing as how he has touched so many people over so long of a time span.

Please, send him on a goodwill mission over your Jimmy Carters and their ilk. I don't believe they are cut from the same cloth.

The greatest

Ali! Ali! Ali! Happy Birthday Cassius.

I take exception to this statement eryn.

I think his his brain is mush because he was a great fighter. Actually no, his brain is not mush. I take that back. He has Parkinson's disease and is all there mentally. The question is, was the Parkinson's caused by boxing?

Man is far from an idiot though. Even in his incapacitated state.

I certainly don't believe in a lot of the things he has stood for over time, but the man has stood up for himself in an admirable way.

The man stood tall for what he believed was right, and paid a price for it and fought back from the animosity about it.

And he has done a lot of goodwill in his time. Espescially with kids, and even over generations. Even today with kids who don't know who the hell he is. And he still manages to put a smile on their face with a magic trick here and there.

And while I remember and admire him for that and his put your money where your mouth is mentality,

I despise him at the same time for some of the very things the man has stood for.

Perhaps those thoughts have softened over time seeing as how he has touched so many people over so long of a time span.

Please, send him on a goodwill mission over your Jimmy Carters and their ilk. I don't believe they are cut from the same cloth.

The greatest

Ali! Ali! Ali! Happy Birthday Cassius.

I said it because he should have quit fighting earlier in his career. Like many fighters, they stay to long. So, again. He was a great fighter, but still an idiot.