I love Texas...

Chilly

A little bit of ice and everything shuts down.

Due to inclement weather conditions, The University of Texas at Austin will be closed all day Tuesday, Jan. 16. All events and activities are canceled.

:blink:

We got an email that our Austin office was closed. Rather annoying, since I had to drive to wrok on crappy roads with ice and several inches of snow (took me 90 minutes for a commute that usually only takes 30 minutes). Oh well, the price you pay for living in Minnesota I suppose.

Gee, I'm here in the Cleveland suburbs this AM, with a couple of inches of snow on the ground.

Everybody just goes about their daily business...it would take a blizzard to shut us down in January.

Yeah but...I like to make fun of the natives as much as the next guy, but in the end it comes down to infrastructure. Yesterday I drove to work and didn't have any problems, but I left early and drove slowly. Snow isn't an issue here, ice is. Overpasses, side streets etc. were covered with ice. Cities here don't have the vehicles to sand everywhere, so they try to hit the busiest spots.

I for one was glad that no school buses were on the roads yesterday. Today...no problem.

there are options to those of us living in non-snow areas...we could accept tax increases to have the manpower and equipment on hand to adequately take care of the roads to ensure people can get to where they want/need to be safely...but then we would all be bitching about higher taxes....can't win for losing..I suggest that we just deal with it...Just because we are from buffalo/syracuse doesnt mean we can drive on unplowed/treated roads the same as we could....

there are options to those of us living in non-snow areas...we could accept tax increases to have the manpower and equipment on hand to adequately take care of the roads to ensure people can get to where they want/need to be safely...but then we would all be bitching about higher taxes....can't win for losing..I suggest that we just deal with it...Just because we are from buffalo/syracuse doesnt mean we can drive on unplowed/treated roads the same as we could....

The equipment/materials issue will never get solved in places like this. There are years where it isn't needed, so no way is joe taxpayer going to foot the bill. Still, if it makes people in WNY feel better about themselves I say let them have their fun. <_<

yeah i guess <_<

The equipment/materials issue will never get solved in places like this. There are years where it isn't needed, so no way is joe taxpayer going to foot the bill. Still, if it makes people in WNY feel better about themselves I say let them have their fun. <_<

Well, I just rode my mechanical bull through the drive through liquor store while looking at an ugly picture of Houston <_< and discovered that it is cold and dry here in the Dallas area...at least for now.

you have a dry Bull ??? I bet that Bull would like some wine . <_<