Abrams and Shatner on 'Star Trek XI'.

Tux of Borg

http://www.thefilmasylum.com/newsitem.php?...rom=&ucat=2

Entertainment Weekly recently spoke with Mission: Impossible III director J.J. Abrams about Star Trek XI, targeted for a 2008 release. Abrams confirmed to that the script is done and it's a story that even non-Trekkers can enjoy. "On the one hand, for people who love Star Trek, the fix that they will get will be really satisfying," he said. "For people who've never seen it or know it vaguely, I think they will enjoy it equally, because the movie does not require you to know anything about Star Trek. I would actually prefer [that] people don't know the series, because I feel like they will come to it with an open mind."

SCI FI Wire also caught up with William Shatner, who says the 11th movie will deal with the early years of Capt. James T. Kirk and Spock - and that he will definitely appear in the movie if director J.J. Abrams can find a place to use him. Shatner, who originated the role of Kirk in the original Trek series and several subsequent films, said in the interview that he was invited to meet with Abrams.

"I met with J.J., and they told me they would like me to be part of their film, but they have to write the role," Shatner said. And confirming the rumors, Shatner added, "Yes, we know the story is based on young Kirk."

I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone but is this really necessary? Can you imagine the on-set bedpan budget alone? The smells would be horrifying. Would the final scene be a "shuffleboard showdown" with a retired Klingon? The opening scene would be Kirk wandering around the house trying to remember where he put the keys to the Enterprise. Yeah, great script.

http://www.thefilmasylum.com/newsitem.php?...rom=&ucat=2

Entertainment Weekly recently spoke with Mission: Impossible III director J.J. Abrams about Star Trek XI, targeted for a 2008 release. Abrams confirmed to that the script is done and it's a story that even non-Trekkers can enjoy. "On the one hand, for people who love Star Trek, the fix that they will get will be really satisfying," he said. "For people who've never seen it or know it vaguely, I think they will enjoy it equally, because the movie does not require you to know anything about Star Trek. I would actually prefer [that] people don't know the series, because I feel like they will come to it with an open mind."

SCI FI Wire also caught up with William Shatner, who says the 11th movie will deal with the early years of Capt. James T. Kirk and Spock - and that he will definitely appear in the movie if director J.J. Abrams can find a place to use him. Shatner, who originated the role of Kirk in the original Trek series and several subsequent films, said in the interview that he was invited to meet with Abrams.

"I met with J.J., and they told me they would like me to be part of their film, but they have to write the role," Shatner said. And confirming the rumors, Shatner added, "Yes, we know the story is based on young Kirk."

Obvious role for Shatner would be as Kirk's father...or grandfather.

Wasnt this concept already explored in "Enterprise"

Get Kirstie Alley to reprise her role. Of course she would have to stand on the opposite side of the bridge so the Enterprise doesnt tilt to one side.

I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone but is this really necessary? Can you imagine the on-set bedpan budget alone? The smells would be horrifying. Would the final scene be a "shuffleboard showdown" with a retired Klingon? The opening scene would be Kirk wandering around the house trying to remember where he put the keys to the Enterprise. Yeah, great script.

I'm surprised you didn't bring up the fact that Shatner is Canadian

I'm surprised that you cannot bring yourself to admit that Kirk>Picard. See anyone jumping up and down to make a movie of your bald headed friend as a bald headed child?

they don't have to make a movie about Picard's early years. TNG did a couple episodes about it. But then again they had time to do those kinds of episodes because Picard wasn't canceled after just 3 seasons :blink:

they don't have to make a movie about Picard's early years. TNG did a couple episodes about it. But then again they had time to do those kinds of episodes because Picard wasn't canceled after just 3 seasons :cry:

Oh...a couple a episodes. :blink: you must be sooooo proud <_<

:wallbash:

I'm surprised you didn't bring up the fact that Shatner is Canadian

Well, I don't hate Canadians, I just pity them and Shatner is a prime example. I don't think he is an illegal alien or snuck over the border but maybe he did initially. At some point, he saw a dentist. I'm not sure he spent much time in America because it probably took a lot of time just to get to those places where they were shooting Star Trek. I know he pretended to be an American on the show which IS annoying but why risk a real American in space for a TV show?

Now that he is as old as he is, I have as much or more respect for him than anyone but should he really be going back into space for a movie? How much global warming will be caused just by the fuel it takes to get his fat butt off the ground?

No love for Dax?

Good Point, but I like X's point better. :cry:

I completely left DS9 off the list. How 'bout this:

Seven of Nine>Tupal>Dax>Deanna Troi>Uhura

A more comprehensive list might go like:

Seven of Nine>Tupal>Jadzia Dax>B'Lana Torres>Beverly Crusher>Deanna Troi>Uhura>Kes>Major Kira>Ezri Dax

A more comprehensive list might go like:

Seven of Nine>Tupal>Jadzia Dax>B'Lana Torres>Beverly Crusher>Deanna Troi>Uhura>Kes>Major Kira>Ezri Dax

What? No love for Hoshi?

Sixty of Nine > Hoshi > Tupal > Jadzia Dax > Tasha Yar > Kes > Ezri Dax > Torres > Troi > Kira

What? No love for Hoshi?

Sixty of Nine > Hoshi > Tupal > Jadzia Dax > Tasha Yar > Kes > Ezri Dax > Torres > Troi > Kira

What no love for Captain Janeway?

She could shake it like Kate Hepburn.

Sixty of Nine > Hoshi > Tupal > Jadzia Dax > Tasha Yar > Kes > Ezri Dax > Torres > Troi > Janeway >Kira