Arrest made in Bike Path Rapist case

Corp000085

Interesting question. I'm no legal expert, but I'd suspect that since the restaurant manager was informed and agreed to cooperate everything is ok with collecting evidence from used glassware and silverware.

Another thing I found interesting was that he had been arrested before. I figured that they would have taken DNA from him at the time and put it in their databank, but perhaps that illegal? Just asking

Another thing I found interesting was that he had been arrested before. I figured that they would have taken DNA from him at the time and put it in their databank, but perhaps that illegal? Just asking

Back in '81, DNA was a twinkle in the eye of crime scene investigators. When he got arrested for soliciting prostitutes, the only thing they would have taken from him was his fingerprints. The police cross checked the finger print database of known criminals with fingerprints that they found on a bottle at a crime scene to no avail. This meant that the fingerprints on the bottle obviously didn't belong to him.

Back in '81, DNA was a twinkle in the eye of crime scene investigators. When he got arrested for soliciting prostitutes, the only thing they would have taken from him was his fingerprints. The police cross checked the finger print database of known criminals with fingerprints that they found on a bottle at a crime scene to no avail. This meant that the fingerprints on the bottle obviously didn't belong to him.

They might not even have his prints from those arrests I would think. If they were misdemeanor charges it is likely that he was sited and released, no?