in other news...

jester43

i almost forgot he wason the bears roster. how come he didn't get called for holding today? what? no false starts? :thumbdown:

and now he is one win from the super bowl? i thought he was washed up! what the hell is going on here?

i gotta be honest: i didn't see this in his future when he left buffalo.

Yea, somebody please help me understand why TD let Reuben go ?

Ruben had lost a lot of weight during the season before he left. He was not playing well at all (although to be fair, he was surrounded on both sides by poor players). He was at odds with the coaches, and I don't recall whether or not he was even suspended for 1 game.

At that time, the cap was a big issue, and he was one of the highest paid players on the team.

The above is not to say that it turned out to be the right move mind you. Just trying to answer your question.

I dredged this up.

Wow...only 3 short years ago. It seems like ten years ago, thankfully.

Looking back at this, I remember how pissed I was at him for not sacking up and playing the last game. But we never really got to hear the whole story did we? And wtf was up with the raiders helmet? Can we assume that was a not-so-subtle swipe at him by a teammate? I had completely forgotten about that.

Ugly situation...good for him that he landed on his feet, I guess.

Rueben is a Marv type of guy. I miss him a lot. You talk about character, he is it.

Rueben also loves the WNY area and still comes back and does charity events here. If I'm not mistaken even though he is long gone, his motorcycle poker run still goes on and he comes back for it.

Think about that. How many other players still show a comitment to us like that?

I could be wrong but I remember hearing he did not get along with Kevin Gilbride at all, and his insistence to not adjust his scheme to a more run based offense instead of a pass heavy offense. Even so much so where during one time in 2003 near the end of the season he damn near flipped out.

Yea, somebody please help me understand why TD let Reuben go ?

A pissing match between him and Donahoe. He spoke out against Greggo and other coaches. TD won the fight, but the Bills lost the war. Ruben wasn't even close to washed up and is still playing well. Nothing wrong with being pissed off at losing. Hope Ruben makes the Bowl, I need someone to root for. He still has his house in OP and likes the area.

Ruben, was one of many quality linemen TD let go. He and GW and for that matter Mularkey, seemed to fail to comprehend how important it was to have excellent line play. I think ML and DJ are a whole different breed of cat and will be addressing this issue this year, which will, in turn result in us getting to the playoffs, winning in the playoffs, going to the superbowl, and bringing that frigging trophy to Buffalo, where it belongs. <_<

Ruben, was one of many quality linemen TD let go. He and GW and for that matter Mularkey, seemed to fail to comprehend how important it was to have excellent line play. I think ML and DJ are a whole different breed of cat and will be addressing this issue this year

We can only hope, because in their first year they brought in two free agents, one a small center, the other an OG who sucked. In the draft, they brought us a 5th, and 2 7ths, one of whom (Merz) the 40th pick in the round.

These guys chose to devote the 3 of the first 4 picks to defensive backs, AND sign a free agent corner and safety. Listen, it might work out. I want it to as much as anybody on this board.

What we need to see is what you suggest.

he was suspended for williams' final game. he was bickering with the coaches.

That's an... interesting... way of putting it. Rumor had it, he went over a table trying to get at Gilbride...