Wedding guests cancel for Saints game

Tux of Borg

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=b...&id=4927177

Wedding guests cancel for Saints game

January 11, 2007 (NEW ORLEANS) - Tara Chauffe understands she'll have some competition on her wedding day. She's getting married in New Orleans Saturday evening, the same time the Saints will be playing the Philadelphia Eagles in the Superdome. Chauffe says she's already had a dozen guests who've canceled because of the playoff game.

She knows they have tickets and she's trying to be sympathetic.

But two bridesmaids and a groomsman who have seats for the game are giving them up to attend the wedding.

Chauffe and husband-to-be Corey Boland say they'll probably have a TV at the reception, so guests can track the Saint's fortunes.

But they'll turn the sound down so there won't be any cheering interrupting their first dance.

Never schedule a wedding during football season.

My friend got married during the Sabre-Leafs playoff series in 1999. Half of his relatives are from Toronto. The band kept giving updates during the reception.

Ten years ago, two good friends got married the day of the Penn State-Ohio State game. I promised them I'd perform the typical bridesmaid duties up through the bridal-party dance, but after that, I'd be in the hotel bar watching the second half of the game.

Remarkably, they forgave me...

...I think... :thumbdown: