I really don't think any free agent DT's

JStranger76

Look how average the Bears Dline looks without Tommy Harris. Honestly, we are way better off rolling the dice with a draft pick who could turn out to be a true impact guy instead of all the free agents who are really just rotation guys. Now if Kris Jenkins is released......( yeah, yeah, I know, two knee injuries, red flag, red flag!!!! ) but if he returns to form...............anyways, I'm now in full force offseason mode and just thinking how we can improve like the rest of yous! This is my take on the free agent DT crop now tell me how you feel................

I agree 100% except Im not a big fan of this years dt draft class. Everyone not named Alan Branch is a definite reach for the first round and has question marks. Okoye is all potential but really worthy of 12th overall? Maybe demarcus tyler in the 2nd. A guy I like in the 3rd or 4th rd is Kareem Brown from Miami. 6'5 315 lbs probably has the size to add some more bulk. Might be a good prospect to look at. Finished the year with 10 tackles for a loss and 8.5 sacks. The free agent pool does nothing for me. Besides Im a big believer you get starters thru the draft with free agency used as a means for depth.

The Bills were pursuing DT Ryan Pickett last year, and would have still signed Tripplett. That tells me that they wanted more beef/run-stopping ability. The problem is that Pickett chose GB. I think they make a push for an Ian Scott or a Terdell Sands, or draft a DT high. I'm thinking they want to fill DT with a FA and allow themselves to draft Patrick Willis at LB, to be a latter-day Urlacher.

And the Bears' defense isn't nearly as dominant without Tommie Harris. It's just that the Seahawks can't catch the ball to save their lives and have a secondary made-up of a rookie, a SS, and a guy who was a loan officer 2 weeks ago.

The Bills were pursuing DT Ryan Pickett last year, and would have still signed Tripplett. That tells me that they wanted more beef/run-stopping ability. The problem is that Pickett chose GB. I think they make a push for an Ian Scott or a Terdell Sands, or draft a DT high. I'm thinking they want to fill DT with a FA and allow themselves to draft Patrick Willis at LB, to be a latter-day Urlacher.

And the Bears' defense isn't nearly as dominant without Tommie Harris. It's just that the Seahawks can't catch the ball to save their lives and have a secondary made-up of a rookie, a SS, and a guy who was a loan officer 2 weeks ago.

I D HOPE FOR SANDS ,, BUT LOOK AT LSU AND EX TEAMMATE OF KYLE WILLIAMS.. GLENN DORSEY

If I was Levy I'd offer next years 3rd and 4th to Carolina for Kris Jenkins and Ken Lucas- Carolina is desperate for cap room and the Bills don't want to pay a huge amount of upfront bonus money - Jenkins contract goes to 2009 and Lucas to 2010- both of them will make 3.2 mil each for 2007- I'd still go after Terdell Sands- Sands and Jenkins rotating in should allow us to continue with our smallish LBs -where else to spend money? I'd resign Gandy and Kelsay- tender players like Hargrove- I'd give serious consideration to extending Evans and Losman- I think this might be a good year to have some cap space in june, I think there might be some free agent bargins then especially at WR.

I think we are going to do both--use a first day draft pick on a DT and sign one in FA. I think the prices will be friendly for the FA DT's and that we see this as enough of a need to use a first day pick -- maybe a number 1 depending on the other factors (other needs caused by FA, etc.). If you think about what we have as a 5 man rotation right now-- Triplett, Williams, McCargo, Anderson and Jefferson--Anderson and Jefferson are upgradeable and you would sure like a vet in one of those roles...

I think we are going to do both--use a first day draft pick on a DT and sign one in FA. I think the prices will be friendly for the FA DT's and that we see this as enough of a need to use a first day pick -- maybe a number 1 depending on the other factors (other needs caused by FA, etc.). If you think about what we have as a 5 man rotation right now-- Triplett, Williams, McCargo, Anderson and Jefferson--Anderson and Jefferson are upgradeable and you would sure like a vet in one of those roles...

They'll either sign one in FA or draft one. Jefferson is in there because McCargo went on IR.

Yeah I am really hopeful that some teams will release good vets, I a really hoping that team is the Vikings and that player is Pat Williams, I think he would return in a heart beat. However with the cap situation as it is I believe that the Vikes are well under the crap, plus he is their best player.

Yeah I am really hopeful that some teams will release good vets, I a really hoping that team is the Vikings and that player is Pat Williams, I think he would return in a heart beat. However with the cap situation as it is I believe that the Vikes are well under the crap, plus he is their best player.

If you wanna go that route I'd contact the lions and inquire about Shaun Rogers.

I've seen Dorsey play a couple times, the kid's pretty good, but not a long term stud. I'd say get rid of Tim Anderson and beef up the middle, and it's a RAGING shame that Haloti Ngata has had such a good year...

I thought Ngata was a no-brainer last year - but no sense crying over the past- I think Sands could be a poor mans Ngata which would be better than what we got now - I have zero confidence in McCargo because foot injuries hang around like a curse.

i highly doubt big pat would come back after the way he was treated by management on the way out..........granted that management is now gone, but it's not like wilson stood in his corner or anything.........didn't he have some negative comments in the press when minny came to buffalo this year?

Actually Triplett had already signed when we brought Pickett in for a visit. I definately think we should sign Scott, as outlined in my offseason plan as think would shore up the DT position. I agree that drafting Willis makes sense if we land a free agent DT (also part of my plan). Another name to keep in mind is Alvin McKinley of the Browns. While he's played DE the last two seasons he started his career at DT and played NT in college.