Bills attendance excuse buster

Well if you look at the facts and notice that the Bills, even during their 4 blackout games this year, were still out selling teams that their games weren't blacked out you would realsie that theirs something wrong with the system.

Buffalo is one of the smallest markets in the league with fans in the lower bracket when it comes to income. Ralph Wilson stadium is one of the largest stadiums in the league. The Attendance for the games that were blacked out were comparable to teams with smaller stadiums (minus the christmas eve game where attendance was down almost everywhere)

Attendance is as much of a problem when a deeper look into the stats is done. The problem is the NFL doesn't take into account the stadium sizes like it should. Seeing Buffalo still in the top 20 in Attendance with 4 blackouts this season just means theres something wrong with the system

As for New Orleans, just wait til the novelty of Katrina wears off and the have to rely only on the true fans and the teams play to sell out. I guarantee next season, if the don't make it too the SB they will not repeat the amount of season tickets sold. Most fans were using government checks supposed to be used to rebuild their homes on tickets and used the saints as a distraction from the disaster

The Bills have the lowest ticket prices in the NFL. As a result, they have a stadium that's larger than the average, since Ralph relies quite heavily (compared to other owners) on ticket sales, parking, and concessions. To reduce seating, the ticket prices would have to go up by about $10 apiece, not to mention parking and concessions. And still blackouts would probably be a concern.

The Bills have the lowest ticket prices in the NFL. As a result, they have a stadium that's larger than the average, since Ralph relies quite heavily (compared to other owners) on ticket sales, parking, and concessions. To reduce seating, the ticket prices would have to go up by about $10 apiece, not to mention parking and concessions. And still blackouts would probably be a concern.

tickets going up $10 a piece still keeps them one of the cheapest in the league, All you are doing is reducing the amount of people who were on the fringe of being able to afford the tickets already.

Plus with the Bills showing alot of improvement the fans will start coming back

Doesnt change the fact that we were somewhere in the middle of the pack as far as attendance goes (16-20th), yet we had (im assuming) the most blackouts of any team in the league. Having one of the largest stadiums should not cause blackout issues. I hope the NFL looks at this closely.

don't hold your breath. if it affected the giants or cowboys or redskins they might. but they WANT the bills to fail here so they can have an excuse to ship us out. can't you see that?

tickets going up $10 a piece still keeps them one of the cheapest in the league, All you are doing is reducing the amount of people who were on the fringe of being able to afford the tickets already.

I said "at least." I think that it could even be higher, which along with higher parking and concessions really starts to add-up.

Plus with the Bills showing alot of improvement the fans will start coming back

That's another lame excuse. The Bills were 4-2 and facing the hated Miami Dolphins in a game that had sold-out for the past 20 years, and they couldn't sell-out.

that is exactly right....that was really an embarrassment. i know this team was a little bit of a fraud as far as being a super bowl contender is concerned, but not selling out a fish game with playoff inmplications is a disgrace. you cannot tell me that WNY is not becoming apathetic toward the bills.

that is exactly right....that was really an embarrassment. i know this team was a little bit of a fraud as far as being a super bowl contender is concerned...

Asking for a SB contender in the first year of a new regime is asking a lot. The Saints are an exception. I'm just saying that fans wanted a team that was winning, and it WAS at that time. Sad, just sad.

Do you guys think the non-sellouts are because the product sucks?

Everyone has a boner on this end of season push with a couple of wins.... Who did we beat? Anybody????

How about everyone sit back and lets see if Ralph wants a winner here in Buffalo. After 10 years guys, the fans are now buying Sabre tickets or not making trips to watch a team make the same mistakes over and over again...

Stand by I guess...

I know there are a lot of out of towners who bought season tickets to support the franchise. Peter King, for example, has season tickets, I think he's never lived in NO, is not particularly a NO fan, but he did it to be charitable and help a city which had been torn apart.

It's funny to look at buying season tickets to an NFL team as an act of charity. I guess that makes me Mother Theresa! :w00t:

PTR

Increase in the price of parking!!! Interesting. I think you will see a increase in ticket prices around 6%

The Titans and Texans have already announced a increase in their ticket prices.