Sean Payton...

So I guess the fact Payton interviewed with the Saints, and then cancelled his meeting with Marv and the Bills because he was so impressed by the Saints he took the job is Marv's fault too?

Never let facts get in the way of a good JSP "woe is me" diatribe.

And WHO really wanted Payton as a HC before the season? The same number who wanted Mangini. :w00t:

BTW, the Bills could have had Brees and Colston.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Steelers did not have talent...they had Jerome Bettis.
:D

Alan Faneca

Casey Hampton

Joey Porter

Hines Ward

Jeff Hartings

Aaron Smith

James Farrior

Troy Polamalu

Willie Parker

Deshea Townsend

Marvel Smith

Danny Kreider

Heath Miller

etc etc etc

That team was more loaded than any team in the NFL and had been for the better part of 15 years. If they'd had a head coach worth a damn they might have won 4 more Super Bowls with the talent they had.

When will people realize that the NFL is about marketing? Do you still think that the Steelers won the SB? Or do you believe that the referees gave them the SB?

:w00t:

That crew blew one call after a turnover that would have meant nothing. The league looked real intent on giving them a championship when the refs were trying to steal a game from them in Indianapolis. :w00t:

Have you checked your phone for listening devices today?

The Steelers did not have talent...they had Jerome Bettis. When will people realize that the NFL is about marketing? Do you still think that the Steelers won the SB? Or do you believe that the referees gave them the SB? This year, the NFL marketing gurus have Reggie Bush and the Katrina story to sell. And the US is buying it hook like and sinker. New Orelans with less talent than many teams will be in the SB, and probably will win it.

How exactly did the NFL and the refs ensure a Saint victory yesterday? Just curious.

The Steelers did not have talent...they had Jerome Bettis. When will people realize that the NFL is about marketing? Do you still think that the Steelers won the SB? Or do you believe that the referees gave them the SB? This year, the NFL marketing gurus have Reggie Bush and the Katrina story to sell. And the US is buying it hook like and sinker. New Orelans with less talent than many teams will be in the SB, and probably will win it.

If this is true, why do you watch the games? Seems like it would be time to stop devoting your time and energy to following the sport.

That team was more loaded than any team in the NFL and had been for the better part of 15 years. If they'd had a head coach worth a damn they might have won 4 more Super Bowls with the talent they had.

:w00t:

Mularkey's a great coach, and cowher isnt worth a damn? thats priceless man. you should pass whatever stojan you are high on.

Mularkey's a great coach, and cowher isnt worth a damn? thats priceless man. you should pass whatever stojan you are high on.

I've never said Mularkey is a great coach; just that he shouldn't be excoriated after he had one good year then struggled with a situation in which no coach on this planet could have succeeded. As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on him. But feel free to put words in mouth and whip up some straw men to serve as targets of your superior intellect. :w00t:

And I'd be glad to pass along the stojan if I thought for a second that somebody as brilliant as yourself would deign to condescend to the rest of us inferior beings.....

That crew blew one call after a turnover that would have meant nothing.

That crew blew more than a few calls in that game, before and AFTER that turnover. Whether that was a conspiracy is another debate entirely, but it doesn't take away from the lousy officiating in that game.

The league looked real intent on giving them a championship when the refs were trying to steal a game from them in Indianapolis. :w00t:

I agree with this. Good thing that "liquored-up kicker" made it moot.

I've never said Mularkey is a great coach; just that he shouldn't be excoriated after he had one good year then struggled with a situation in which no coach on this planet could have succeeded. As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on him. But feel free to put words in mouth and whip up some straw men to serve as targets of your superior intellect. :blink:

And I'd be glad to pass along the stojan if I thought for a second that somebody as brilliant as yourself would deign to condescend to the rest of us inferior beings.....

Answer me this. Seriously. When Mularkey's "stay the course" philosophy, and "believe in the system", which by his own public admission was the most important factor in the turnaround in 2004, why did he totally abandon that philosophy and start kneejerking in 2005? Starting in game two?

Are you one of those three dudes from the X-Files, the ones that got their own show for a hot one?

Answer me this. Seriously. When Mularkey's "stay the course" philosophy, and "believe in the system", which by his own public admission was the most important factor in the turnaround in 2004, why did he totally abandon that philosophy and start kneejerking in 2005? Starting in game two?

Are you bastards trying to get me a crusader label?

At the risk of driving several people mad, I could try to give an honest answer if you could be a little more specific about what qualified as kneejerking.

The league looked real intent on giving them a championship when the refs were trying to steal a game from them in Indianapolis. <_<

Have you checked your phone for listening devices today?

I'm actually glad that the NFL finally woke up and decided to fix the games this week. They obviously fell asleep at the wheel last week by not allowing a sexy Giants-Bears matchup, or better yet Dallas-NO. :blink:

At the risk of driving several people mad, I could try to give an honest answer if you could be a little more specific about what qualified as kneejerking.

Pulling Losman in and out of the lineup in games as well as in sequences of games.

Wildly changing gameplans IMO and waffling between being a power running team, a controlled passing team, and an open it it up and wing it all over the field team.

Getting the young guys experience so they can grow as a unit versus winning right now at the expense of the young guy's growth.

Those are just three off the top of my head.

Some may argue, but I consider pulling JP vs. the Bucs as a kneejerk. (Editor's Note: After pulling Losman to "get a spark" in this game, Holcomb goes 2 for 3 for -1 yards, and he puts Losman back in. I think that defines kneejerk.)

He pulled him again in the fourth quarter of the Saints game, and the following was reported:

Losman was 7-of-15 for 75 yards with an interception and three sacks before he was replaced by Kelly Holcomb at the start of the fourth quarter. The Bills have just two touchdowns in their last 14 quarters and managed just 208 total yards Sunday.

"I'm not happy. You're never happy when you're pulled," Losman said. "I'm trying not to take it personally ... but it's tough."

Bills coach Mike Mularkey said Losman will remain his starter.

"J.P.'s the starter, and I'm going with J.P.," Mularkey said. "I think everyone understands that."

The next week vs. Miami, the Bills start Holcomb.

Maybe kneejerk is one syllable too many when referring to Mularkey.

Some may argue, but I consider pulling JP vs. the Bucs as a kneejerk.

He pulled him again in the fourth quarter of the Saints game, and the following was reported:

The next week vs. Miami, the Bills start Holcomb.

Maybe kneejerk is one syllable too many when referring to Mularkey.

OMG a coach lied about his QB situation to avoid a media circus? Get out