Hit Heard Round the World

I blame that hit on Brees. Why float the ball to him id throw a dart give him a chance to get his head turned. But man, Bush got blown up on that play! I wasnt sure if he was going to get up, but he did and was a major part of his team winning.

Brees was counting on Sheldon Brown to follow Stecker away from Reggie Bush ...

Almost more amazing to me than the hit when I was watching was the unbelievably casual response of Stockton - "The ball is knocked away, and an incomplete pass.." :blink:

There was NO way that Bush wasn't returning to the game after that hit. The NFL needs him to ensure that New Orleans gets to the Super Bowl. Otherwise their whole masterplan is thrown out of whack. It's all marketing.

I don't know how many times this has to be explained. One negative that the league hears day in day out is that in today's NFL there can be no dynasties. The league will dispell that notion with a convincing pats SB victory. New Orleans will be the bridesmaid this year whetting the media's appetite for next year. 2007 will be the season of the Saints.

Oh...one more thing...where's next year's SB being played? You guessed it, New Orleans. :blink: