Much more value in trading down this year

frogger

when you look at what we need, trading down would serve us very well, more so than in years past, (of course, if it's an option)

there is great value at WR, LB, DT and interior linemen, however most will still be around at 20.

If fletcher leaves, I don't hink we have to draft an inside Linebacker, I think Spikes, if healthy which he will be, could slide over, leaving us with the option of drafting any LB position, also with Sidney rice declaring this might be the best WR draft since the Moulds/Harrison/Owens draft, yes even better than Evans/williams/williams/williams draft. Also there are only two DT I would take befroe the 15th pick, Branch who will be gone, and Okoye is still kind of a question mark and a gamble at 12, however Tank tyler at 20ish would be good value.

and as far as interior Linemen are concern, I think at 20ish we could still get Blalock and more important get an additional first day pick and grab, grubbs, sears, or beekman or another tackle like Tony Ugoh, who could also play guard, and if Pennington doesn't continue to improve be our starting RT.

my draft after trading down and picking up a third

20ish-DeMarcus "tank" tyler

2-Earl Everett -until he runs a 4.4 40

3a-Tony Ugoh T/G

3b-Aundrae Allison-WR-he has two girls names, he has to be tough. Or Paul williams, Craig Davis, Bowe, Steve Smith or Dallas Baker all would be good #2 WR assuming they can beat out Price, and Reed.

4-best player availible the rest of the way

this also limits how many free agents we really need, I still think we need to get an interior lineman and re-sign Clements, Kelsay and Gandy....we should have the cap room to do this.

when you look at what we need, trading down would serve us very well, more so than in years past, (of course, if it's an option)

there is great value at WR, LB, DT and interior linemen, however most will still be around at 20.

If fletcher leaves, I don't hink we have to draft an inside Linebacker, I think Spikes, if healthy which he will be, could slide over, leaving us with the option of drafting any LB position, also with Sidney rice declaring this might be the best WR draft since the Moulds/Harrison/Owens draft, yes even better than Evans/williams/williams/williams draft. Also there are only two DT I would take befroe the 15th pick, Branch who will be gone, and Okoye is still kind of a question mark and a gamble at 12, however Tank tyler at 20ish would be good value.

and as far as interior Linemen are concern, I think at 20ish we could still get Blalock and more important get an additional first day pick and grab, grubbs, sears, or beekman or another tackle like Tony Ugoh, who could also play guard, and if Pennington doesn't continue to improve be our starting RT.

my draft after trading down and picking up a third

20ish-DeMarcus "tank" tyler

2-Earl Everett -until he runs a 4.4 40

3a-Tony Ugoh T/G

3b-Aundrae Allison-WR-he has two girls names, he has to be tough. Or Paul williams, Craig Davis, Bowe, Steve Smith or Dallas Baker all would be good #2 WR assuming they can beat out Price, and Reed.

4-best player availible the rest of the way

this also limits how many free agents we really need, I still think we need to get an interior lineman and re-sign Clements, Kelsay and Gandy....we should have the cap room to do this.

There is zero way I would accept a mere 3rd for moving down 8 spots. In 2001, we got a 2nd for moving down from 14th to 21st, and this was before the shortage of good free agents due to the cap increase.

Why don't you give us another scenario involving another 2nd and perhaps an extra 4th or 5th. :w00t:

Ordinarily I'm a big fan of trading down but this year might be the exception. I want a real star in the 1st round and I don't want to risk losing our man for an additional 3rd round draft pick.

Certainly an extra pick would be wonderful but we are already an extremely young team with a number of rookies starting. Too much inexperience could end up hurting this squad. Marv showed in last year's draft that if he has a man targeted he isn't going to risk losing him for an extra draft pick.

What we need now is to improve our overall talent and add veteran leadership. If the Bills are to make the next step into the playoffs we need more players that have been there in the past and know what it takes to win. We certainly have the cap space to add these veterans.

There is zero way I would accept a mere 3rd for moving down 8 spots. In 2001, we got a 2nd for moving down from 14th to 21st, and this was before the shortage of good free agents due to the cap increase.

Why don't you give us another scenario involving another 2nd and perhaps an extra 4th or 5th. :w00t:

Marv should be able to get a 1st rounder this year and next for that trade down. :w00t:

Most teams picking after us will be compelled to move up to draft the next great superstar.

In a weak draft - there will be some real studs available at #12 that teams will obsessing over. (just don't ask who) :D

Marv should be able to get a 1st rounder this year and next for that trade down. :w00t:

Most teams picking after us will be compelled to move up to draft the next great superstar.

In a weak draft - there will be some real studs available at #12 that teams will obsessing over. (just don't ask who) :w00t:

According to the Draft Value Chart a drop from 12th to 20(ish) is worth around 400 points......the equivalent to a mid 2nd.

Mind you.....it's just a guide......and......there is little chance we trade WM IMO anyway.