YOOOOOO's offseason v2.0

YOOOOOO

Re-sign: Clements, Gandy, Lindell, Kiwaukee

Tender: Hargrove, Preston

Release: T.Anderson, Reyes, Greer, Price, Villarrial

Restructure: TKO

Sign FA's: L.Davis(RG), K.Mitchell(LB), Shipp(RB), Crayton(WR -RFA), R.Smith(DT), Justin Griffith(FB)

Draft: M.Lynch(RB), D.Tyler(DT), A.Sears(T/G), A.Water(LB), T.Duckworth(OG), R.Mcknight(WR)

--------------------------------

2007 Depth Chart

Offense

QB-- JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Craig Nall

RB-- Willis Mcgahee, Marcel Shipp, Marshawn Lynch

FB-- Justin Griffith, Brad Cieslak

WR-- Lee Evans, Patrick Crayton, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, Rhema Mcknight, Sam Aiken

TE-- Robert Royal, Brad Cieslak, Kevin Everett

RT-- Terrance Pennington, Arron Sears, Brad Butler

RG-- Leonard Davis, Duke Preston,

C-- Melvin Fowler, Duke Preston

LG- Mike Gandy, Tim Duckworth, Aaron Merz

LT-- Jason Peters, Mike Gandy**

Defense

LE-- Aaron Schobel, Eric Powell

DT-- Robaire Smith, John McCargo,

DT-- Larry Triplett, DeMarcus Tyler, Kyle Williams

RE-- Ryan Denney, Anthony Hargrove

SLB- Takeo Spikes, Keith Ellison, Mario Haggan

MLB- Kawika Mitchell, Anthony Waters, John DiGiorgio

WLB- Angelo Crowell, Josh Stamer

CB-- Nate Clements, Kiwaukee Thomas

CB-- Terrance Mcgee, Ashton Youboty

FS-- Ko Simpson, Jim Leonhard

SS-- Donte Whitner, Matt Bowen

K-- Rian Lindell

P-- Brian Moorman

Sign FA's: L.Davis(RG), K.Mitchell(LB), Shipp(RB), Crayton(WR -RFA), R.Smith(DT), Justin Griffith(FB)

Draft: M.Lynch(RB), D.Tyler(DT), A.Sears(T/G), A.Water(LB), T.Duckworth(OG), R.Mcknight(WR)

2007 Depth Chart

Offense

WR-- Lee Evans, Patrick Crayton, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, Rhema Mcknight, Sam Aiken

Defense

K-- Rian Lindell

P-- Brian Moorman

I'm definitely digging your draft. The first few rounds are exactly like my mock.

However, you do have a few puzzling things:

- Why would we spend the money on Marcel Shipp if we have both Willis McGahee and Marshawn Lynch in the backfield? Not to mention, A-Train is still under contract (I believe) and is better than Shipp IMO

- Patrick Crayton as our #2? I don't see it. He's no better than 3rd or 4th on Dallas' depth chart and isn't much of an upgrade (if any at all) over Peerless Price, Josh Reed, or Andre' Davis. If we're going to move Peerless out of the #2 spot, it needs to be for someone more like Drew Bennett or a 1st day draftee.

- I think Duke Preston is solid at RG. If you're going to change anything on the OL, it needs to start with Terrance Pennington.

I'm definitely digging your draft. The first few rounds are exactly like my mock.

However, you do have a few puzzling things:

- Why would we spend the money on Marcel Shipp if we have both Willis McGahee and Marshawn Lynch in the backfield? Not to mention, A-Train is still under contract (I believe) and is better than Shipp IMO

- Patrick Crayton as our #2? I don't see it. He's no better than 3rd or 4th on Dallas' depth chart and isn't much of an upgrade (if any at all) over Peerless Price, Josh Reed, or Andre' Davis. If we're going to move Peerless out of the #2 spot, it needs to be for someone more like Drew Bennett or a 1st day draftee.

- I think Duke Preston is solid at RG. If you're going to change anything on the OL, it needs to start with Terrance Pennington.

1. A-train is a FA....and I'm just replacing him with Marcel....Although if the Bills felt like resigning A-Train I wouldnt be against it....

2. Patrick is alot better then your giving him credit for...and he is much better then Bennett...Bennet disappears way to much in games(he went 3 straight games this season without recording a reception)...and yes he is better then anything we have at the WR not named Evans.....

3. I like Duke but i think Pennington has a future as a starter...while i think Preston has more value as depth to our line(C/G)....I sign Davis cuz he can be a dominant RG for us and will be a bit cheaper then the top G's on the market.....I draft Sears to push Pennington and for depth at G/T.......push back DUKE for depth at two spots(C/G)....Plus i draft Duckworth day 2 cuz he has good potential if he can develop phyiscally...He is already a masher in the run game....

I think my draft is pretty realistic...

You know my feeling on Lynch....

I think Waters will be day 2 steal....dude was great easy 1st rounder before his injury...his upside/value is great on day 2.....

Sears&Duckworth will provide great depth, a potentially can develop into solid starters....

Tyler is basically Mccargo but he brings more value in the 2nd round....

just a point on Shipp and A-Train...

i like both as far as onfield talent goes, and theyll probably cost about the same amount. BUT A-Train is a "Jauron Guy". and its always good to have guys that are already completely sold on the coaches philosophy. just to have a veteran leader of our system on that young offense makes me lean toward re-signing A-Train.

1. A-train is a FA....and I'm just replacing him with Marcel....Although if the Bills felt like resigning A-Train I wouldnt be against it....

I think they're equal as far as talent and cost. A-Train's been here and done a good job in mop up duty. Signing Shipp in his place wouldn't make much sense unless Thomas decided to sign elsewhere.

2. Patrick is alot better then your giving him credit for...and he is much better then Bennett...Bennet disappears way to much in games(he went 3 straight games this season without recording a reception)...and yes he is better then anything we have at the WR not named Evans.....

I think it's best that we just agree to disagree on Crayton. I think calling him better than Bennett is just plain silly. Crayton is halfway decent, but it certainly has more to do with the fact that all the secondary attention is going towards T.O. and Terry Glenn. Put him in a bigger role on a team with an inferior WR core and I don't think he does squat.

2007 Depth Chart

Offense

Defense

K-- Rian Lindell

P-- Brian Moorman

While I find most of your ideas quite possible, there are still too many variables out there for my little brain to buy into idea as a probable outcome or to wonder wether we might not get better results from other doable choices.

Not to advocate anything, but to request your sharing the information which led to your conclusions I have a few questions as to whether you think the players you noted as being released are folks you think SHOULD BE release or do you think they WILL BE released by the Bills braintrust. Specifically:

1. I think Villarial will almost certainly be released (and he is one player I think should be released as we have better alternatives on the roster which I think is essential that we have an alternative or can easily acquire one).

2. I also agree that Reyes will be released as the braintrust had him inactive for the most part at the end of the season and thus we have real alternatives on the current roster.

3. I think Tim Anderson will likely be released as our problems on run D mean we almost certainly need someone new at DT and of our current roster he is the guy leftover from the old regime and most likely to go once an alternative is found. With Hargrove actually as a swing player and fan favorite likely to stay (though IMHO opinion his cheerleading and enthusiasm were fun to see, I was not all that impressed with his play and his over-enthusiasm seemed to lead to a couple of penalties so it would be fine with me if he got beat out in competition) and with your idea of acquring Smith I think we would have better alternatives than Anderson.

4. Do you think Greer will be released and do you think he should? My major problem with him is not that he is untalented because I think he is quite speedy and also talented, However, IMHO he is a far better pre-season and practice player than a real game performer and I could see him being beaten out, but the problem is that assuming NC goes, and also it is my understanding that though Kiwaukee Thomas and Jauron have a good relationship, I have heard Thomas apparently wants to play closer to where he grew up (wherever that is). If we lose both these CBs then since it is tought for beggars to be choosers, Greer might stick around. What do you hear and what is your thinking regardibg Greer/Thomas?

5. Do you see Price as being cut because you think he will be or because you think he should be.

I have not heard anything to indicate that the Bills think Price failed last year even though I think most fans were deeply disappointed in his play. Price had a rediculously low ypc avg. I think fans who remembered the speedy Price catching long TD passes when he was last here were at first surprised and then pretty disappointed when he did not succeed in being a huge deep threat (particularly with media reports from pre-season that he still had blazing speed.

However, as best as I could tell Fairchild used Price as a short route possession receiver and really did not have him go long as the intended WR that much. As a possession receiver, PP finished up with just shy of 50 catches, did not have a bunch of drops, and made a couple of nice catches were he got a foot down for 1sts and TDs.

I Just haven't seen anything to indicate that the braintrust feels bad about Price's work even though many fans do and that they are not necessarily as settled on getting a good possssion WR as Bills fans are in terms of identifying needs.

IMHO PPs output as a #2 WR was inadequate, but I tend to see Fairchild;s playcalling and use of the #2 as the problem here and not Price really, It would be sad to get a new possession receiver only to have him not used to his highest potential by Fairchild's playcalling and looking not only 1st but also 2nd and 3rd at locking too much on his favorite target.

When one adds to that the Bills will be charged anyway on their salary cap for the rest of PPs bonus I am not all that sure he gets cut. Why do you reach thi conclusion.

Pennington was a rookie this year and showed some promise. I don't replace him this season, but maybe draft an RT for depth purposes. The offensive line was much improved once Jauron shook it up, and i would let that unit gel because there is some definite upside there.

:w00t: :w00t: :D

Neither of these guys played adequately this year, but Pennington is young and big and had to play next to Preston. What's Preston's excuse? I think upgrading RG over Preston is the single most important move of our off season. Not saying that has to be #12 or a particular free agent, but we need someone not on the roster playing RG in 2007 so we can pass protect, and more importantly actually run to the right.

And I agree with SacToBillsFan that releasing price isn't a good idea unless we get a value upgrade somewhere else. Price had a decent season, made some huge plays (Texas), and clearly has the ability to be a #2 receiver. I'd rather have a bigger possession receiver, but I don't know that Crayton is a big enough upgrade for the change, and I don't know we will find a big upgrade without locking up too many resources. If we find a great value I will be excited, but I also think we have a better receiving group than a bunch of the teams still playing this weekend, and improving other positions is more important than a marginal upgrade at #2 receiver.

Restructuring TKO is complete fantasty. I think TKO would be happy to go to another team. Moreover, his yearly salary would most likely go down some but he would get another nice signing bonus from another team especially with the salary cap inflation that will occur this offseason.

Why release P. Price? I think he had a damn decent year and Crayton is at best a 4th WR right now and I got to see a lot of him living here in Cowgirls country. He is a hell of a special teamer though but a well below average WR. IMHO.

Price is to soft..to be a #2....

as for Crayton....a #4?? how so...... #4's dont get 500+ yards playing next to TO&Glenn