Could the Bills get the Jets 1st rounder

1billsfan

Since I see a lot of mock drafts have them taking Kenny Irons, I wonder if the Bills dangled McGahee in front of them that they'd take the bite. This is a guy that kills them every year so maybe they think more highly of him than he's actually worth. If this scenario ever became reality, I'd do the trade in a second and draft DT Oyoke and MLB Willis. Then try to pry Turner from San Diego for this years 3rd and next years 1st.

Dont know.

1) Willis seems to be the kind of player who "gets up" for certain games (i.e. the Jets). If we trade him, my guess is he shows up for games against us.

2) The Jets werent wiling to part with a 2nd rounder last year for Edge or Alexander...

3) I think id only do it if Peterson was available at #12, thus allowing us to take peterson and then someone else further down the board.

Lol @ all the "Willis sucks" sentiments.

Seriously though - the Colts & Seahawks couldn't get any 2nd round takers for Edge/Alexander a few years ago.

While i dont think willis would even fetch a 2nd rounder, edge and alexander are a different situation. they couldnt get a 2nd rounder more because they had huge contract demands, NOT because no one would give up a 2nd rounder.

Dont know.

1) Willis seems to be the kind of player who "gets up" for certain games (i.e. the Jets). If we trade him, my guess is he shows up for games against us.

I'd take my chances. I mean, worse case scenario, Mangold and someone else busts open a huge hole for Willis, and he breaks into the clear, only to be ran down from behind by Kelsay or Triplett. Gain of 17. The rest of the game he'd have 61 yards on 19 carries.

I'd order 4 more season tickets if they'd trade Willis.

worse case scenario, Mangold and someone else busts open a huge hole for Willis, and he breaks into the clear, only to be ran down from behind by Kelsay or Triplett. Gain of 17. The rest of the game he'd have 61 yards on 19 carries.

So true, poor Willis has no breakaway speed whatsoever, even after losing 10 pounds in the offseason.

He's a dancing fullback.

Seriously though - the Colts & Seahawks couldn't get any 2nd round takers for Edge/Alexander a few years ago.

Do you remember what their contract situations were at the time? Also, more teams were having serious cap issues (unlike now).

I don't think that Willis could get us a 1st, but imo a 2nd could happen because of the new CBA, or so I think, IF of course the Bills were so inclined.

Since I see a lot of mock drafts have them taking Kenny Irons, I wonder if the Bills dangled McGahee in front of them that they'd take the bite. This is a guy that kills them every year so maybe they think more highly of him than he's actually worth. If this scenario ever became reality, I'd do the trade in a second and draft DT Oyoke and MLB Willis. Then try to pry Turner from San Diego for this years 3rd and next years 1st.

Let's see....you think it's even a possibility that we could get the Jets number one pick for McGahee.........

and you want to trade a first and third round pick for Turner???

Ah... forget it....I'm going to be nice. See'ya.

Let's see....you think it's even a possibility that we could get the Jets number one pick for McGahee.........

and you want to trade a first and third round pick for Turner???

Ah... forget it....I'm going to be nice. See'ya.

Bring it wise-@ss. We kick the crap out of the Jets using McGahee every year since he's been here. Given the choice between Irons and McGahee I'd even choose McGahee.

Bring it wise-@ss. We kick the crap out of the Jets using McGahee every year since he's been here. Given the choice between Irons and McGahee I'd even choose McGahee.

I can't help it if you are a complete dumb fu..!!

You obviously know sh-- about football....

Find one sane, knowledgable poster here who agrees with both your points that we:

1. Could get the Jets number one choice for McGahee and

2. We should trade a number one and three for Turner

Your an idiot and should not be allowed to post here because your lack of brain matter makes it clear

that you are a complete ASSCLOWN !!!

McGahee for a 1st rounder? yet he sucks according to everyone here

How stupid do you think NFL GMs are? This isn't like playing Madden.

The opinion on here is McGahee has to go because he sucks (and hates Buffalo because he thinks that if a team moves to Toronto it should be the Bills) yet all these teams are going to be lining up to give us good value for him.

If he sucks as bad as all the Willis haters here say he does, we'll be lucky to get a 6th or 7th for him

I can't help it if you are a complete dumb fu..!!

You obviously know sh-- about football....

Find one sane, knowledgable poster here who agrees with both your points that we:

1. Could get the Jets number one choice for McGahee and

2. We should trade a number one and three for Turner

Your an idiot and should not be allowed to post here because your lack of brain matter makes it clear

that you are a complete ASSCLOWN !!!

Thank you for confirming that you're nothing but a lowlife. :w00t:

By the way, it's "you're an idiot", not "your an idiot". Just thought I'd clear that one up for you.

1billsfan:

So far 11 people have posted on your thread and not one person agrees with you that we could get the Jets number one

draft choice for McGahee or agree that we should trade a number one and a number three draft pick for Turner.

Who is the idiot?LOL

Explain yourself how BOTH of these transactions should or could happen.

You put thought into it before you posted didn't you?

If you can't -maybe you should just shut your pie hole and realize you should leave the intelligent posting to others.

NO--they wouldnt give us a first.

1billsfan:

So far 11 people have posted on your thread and not one person agrees with you that we could get the Jets number one

draft choice for McGahee or agree that we should trade a number one and a number three draft pick for Turner.

Who is the idiot?LOL

Explain yourself how BOTH of these transactions should or could happen.

You put thought into it before you posted didn't you?

If you can't -maybe you should just shut your pie hole and realize you should leave the intelligent posting to others.

Even the most ardent detractors of Willis know that if the guy ever got his head on straight and gave a dang that he could be one of the top 5 backs in the league. He's big, young and already has two 1000 yards plus rushing seasons behind some very very poor offensive lines. Irons (who many have tabbed as the Jets pick) is no where near potentially as good as Willis. In effect, Willis needs some maturing and polishing. So Mangini could get a highly motivated back (I think it would completely piss Willis off) that they no longer have to get embarrassed by and who'd come willing to sign a cap friendly extension. This would be a risky thing for the Bills to do. Given that the Bills and Jets are in the same division the price tag would have to be the Jets 21st pick in the first round. How many people had us taking Donte Whitner last year, or Willis when he was drafted, or a used up Bledsoe who was traded for a first rounder? You have no idea how possible something like this might end up being. Now I realize you have very low self-esteem and need the approval of the crowd, but you must be aware that some here could care less about how many people see it their way. In case you were wondering, I'm one of them. Carry on.

Don't trade players within the division! Also, the jets will draft a young, power back to go with Washington ... don't think they like Houston a lot. Also, he is not a "Mangenius" guy.

People didn't think Cory Dillon was a Bill Belichick guy either.

when i watch shaun alexander, i am reminded about how good willis COULD be, with a better line and a better work ethic. top 5 back? maybe. top 10...definitely. but i think at this point he's shown his true character. so like i said, we take our big year next season, shore up some of our other holes this off-season, and worry about replacing willis in 2008. at that point, we will presumable have a better line in place.