Real simple, I hope the Bills boot MaGahee.

Tipster19

Let me put it this way -

we have enough holes to fill as it is, if we need to find a new RUNNING BACK on top of everything else, you can kiss next season goodbye. Whether you like it or not he's unarguably better than over half of the starting running backs in the NFL, and he could very well be top 10 if given a chance. Getting rid of McGahee and devoting our time to finding a replacement who will more than likely be worse than McGahee makes no sense whatsoever.

Take a look at free agency. Do you see any running backs that could be a decent starter? Nope.

Now let's look at the draft. Only one of the top few backs would be a safe bet coming into the season and even then so the only back who I think would be any sort of upgrade over McGahee is Peterson - but if we take Peterson, there goes our first round pick, and besides we'd have to trade up to get him, so say goodbye to our second round pick as well.

So let's throw away our first and second round picks so we can draft an unproven running back who's never played in the NFL before and may be worse than McGahee nevermind as good or better.

Now do you see why getting rid of McGahee right now makes no sense whatsoever?

If we were to trade MaGahee for a second or third round pick and then parlay that for another RB. I just don't think that WM is irreplaceable. It's not just because the guy opened his big mouth again, he's just not the greatest RB in the league. Between him looking for a big payday on his next contract and his idiotic mouth, I wonder just how great his value really is. Although it wouldn't be fair to put all the blame on him but the guy doesn't exactly dominate the league. For all the fans who think that he's our answer for now, I have some questions. How much value does he really have for us? Is he a huge improvement over Travis Henry? If we got a first day pick for him and were able to replace him with someone like Michael Turner, could this be an improvement? Or is it better to keep him and try to resign him after his current contract runs out? Just asking.

My two cents are that Willis simply lacks basic intelligence.

Willis does not have consistent effort, remember when Levy stated this year "...if I was willis I'd hit the hole harder...."?

Well, Willis did do that for 1 game and ran for near 150 yards with a TD. Right after this game he stopped hitting the hole hard and finished with an abysmal season.

Does he forget from week to week the advice and thoughts of his coaches/mentors? Why does his running style and on field awareness seem to play hide and seek?

Basic intelligence should also have told him to zip his mouth before he spouted off about the whole Toronto thing. If he had a shred of analytical ability he would be quite aware that Buffalo fans are fanatical and love their team, throw us under the bus by suggesting we move and WE will hate you for a very long time.

Last but not least, even a shred of intelligence should advise one to "wrap up his johnson", especially being a wealthy man like he is. Sure maybe some of his baby mamas are out for money and support, he should have been aware of vulture like people that would prey on his money. But no, instead he impregnates 3 women, wow.

Willis does not have the character for the Buffalo Bills anymore, his latest comments mixed with his uncanny ability for replication will drive him off of this team.

You guys have zero idea as to what kind of person Willis is mentally. You guys are on his jock because of the negative press he has gotten. He has like 3 kids and he made one statement about Buffalo moving and you guys are in a uproar. Eric Moulds has more kids then Willis by different mothers and I bet people here still like him.

Last year it was JP who sucked now it is Willis. Every friggin year people have to find someone to jump on.

Willis isn't the best back but he is good. Say what you will about his mentallity or his heart. The guy played with Broken ribs, had to learn behind a new line where defenses knew which side he would run on.

Willis lost 15 pounds in the offseason to be a faster running back. If he didn't have heart or want to be in the NFL he would have sat on his ass like Mike Williams.

dude, he is not even a top 20 back anymore. He ran his mouth suggesting that OUR team just up and leave, period.

How can you even defend anything that he does anymore?

If we were to trade MaGahee for a second or third round pick and then parlay that for another RB. I just don't think that WM is irreplaceable. It's not just because the guy opened his big mouth again, he's just not the greatest RB in the league. Between him looking for a big payday on his next contract and his idiotic mouth, I wonder just how great his value really is. Although it wouldn't be fair to put all the blame on him but the guy doesn't exactly dominate the league. For all the fans who think that he's our answer for now, I have some questions. How much value does he really have for us? Is he a huge improvement over Travis Henry? If we got a first day pick for him and were able to replace him with someone like Michael Turner, could this be an improvement? Or is it better to keep him and try to resign him after his current contract runs out? Just asking.

If the Bills get a wonderful offer for WM which gives us a starting quality RB then the Bills should almost certainly take it.

However, trading him for a draft pick (actually probably any first day pick and certainly for a 2nd or 3rd which seems like a fairly unlikely get for him in a trade given that teams were offering about this much for a better producing Shaun Alexander in what appears to have been a deeper draft) not only seems unlikely but to then parley this draft pick into an actual starting RB who has played and produced before seems to be so speculative as to go wat beyond reality.

I see no signs that WM is a cancer on this team and if all he is doing is driving fans who care what he does and says, too bad and I simply suggest they suck it up and root for the Bills.

WM gas very little leverage to mount a hold out and the Bills are paying him relatively little money that staying the course seems by far to be the correct answer for the Bills right now.

The fact he can actually play out his contract and hit FA next off-season plays to the Bills advantage big time as well in that he has a huge financial incentive to produce as well as he can for us in 07 and if he doesn't then let him walk and if he does either tag him or show him the money in a contract that is good for us.

In addition, to stating the course in WM management, my suggestion is that we draft an RB this year or acquire an RB with starter potential to replace Shaud Williams to increase competition and give us options.

It would be great if we can find such a player on the second day of the draft as I think we have too many other needs (particularly if we lose most of our FAs to waste a first day pick on an RB anyway.

I hope McGahee has a monster year this year. Then we can slap a franchise tag on him and trade him the following year for hopefully a second rounder (while at the same time drafting his replacement).

See now, I could get on board with this suggestion. Willis is going to be playing for his contract. Draft another position in round one, although i do like Marshawn Lynch, and use your picks to solidify the offensive line as well as the linebacker spot and the defensive line. We don't need a corner if we can sure up the d-line.

The only problem is, is do you draft his replacement this year? Marshawn Lynch does look like a man-beast, and I am not sure you can pass him up if he is on the board when we pick, either at the spot that we currently occupy, or if we trade down. He goes to Cal where Marv once coached, and Marv has a history of going after players from where he has coached before. Don't be suprised if Lynch is in a Bills jersey come August.