Real simple, I hope the Bills boot MaGahee.

Tipster19

I can't stand the jerk. I relocated from Rochester to SW Florida and most of these Floridians think that anyone from the U walks on water. I'm tired of his mouth, he's embarassing. I like the kind of players that the new regime have been accumalating, now go get a RB with the same kind of character. I hope that they realize this and get rid of this moron before he bangs us with a new contract.

I don't like Willis' style of running the ball, or rather his hesitation before picking a hole. It seems he used to run pretty well, like in 2005, but in 2006, he seemed to dance too much.

In his personal life, he seems like a bit of an airhead, but I could live with that if he played football well.

He just does not seem to care very much about the game, IMO, so it's his game-time attitude that bugs me.

If the Bills could get a 3rd round pick for him, I would trade him. He is not a franchise back IMO.

Are you going to cry?

The only one crying is Willis' new baby, the rest of us are done with mr. supercool dude from the u and hoping that Marv is on the same page. If he stays there are 52 other players to support. Will you cry if Willis does get the boot?

The only one crying is Willis' new baby, the rest of us are done with mr. supercool dude from the u and hoping that Marv is on the same page. If he stays there are 52 other players to support. Will you cry if Willis does get the boot?

I won't cry, but I'll be peeved if the Bills devote a significant amount of resources this offseason to chasing after a replacement for him. Draft a back no earlier than round 3, let WM play out his contract, and make a decision next year. The team will not improve if it creates additional holes for itself to fill.

I won't cry, but I'll be peeved if the Bills devote a significant amount of resources this offseason to chasing after a replacement for him. Draft a back no earlier than round 3, let WM play out his contract, and make a decision next year. The team will not improve if it creates additional holes for itself to fill.

Finally, some sanity over blind (& dumb) emotion.

spot on :bag:

Nobody said they have to draft his replacement this year, but I would certainly think that the team would improve significantly by devoting a first day pick at RB. If Willis remains, we have a great 2-headed backfield. If Willis goes to another team after this coming season, we have his replacement on board with one full year in the system already.

The Jags didn't "improve" by taking Jones-Drew high even though they had Fred Taylor on board? Think again. Jones-Drew single-handedly won games for them this year.

The Panthers didn't "improve" by taking D'Angelo Williams high even though they had Deshaun Foster on board? Think again. Williams single-handedly won games for them this year.

The Patriots didn't "improve" by taking Maroney high even though they had Corey Dillon on board? Think again. Maroney single-handedly won games for them this year (running the ball and in special teams).

The Falcons didn't "improve" by taking Jerrious Norwood in the 3rd even though they had Warrick Dunn and TJ Duckett on board? Think again. Norwood single-handedly won games for them this year.

Nobody said they have to draft his replacement this year, but I would certainly think that the team would improve significantly by devoting a first day pick at RB. If Willis remains, we have a great 2-headed backfield. If Willis goes to another team after this coming season, we have his replacement on board with one full year in the system already.

The Jags didn't "improve" by taking Jones-Drew high even though they had Fred Taylor on board? Think again. Jones-Drew single-handedly won games for them this year.

The Panthers didn't "improve" by taking D'Angelo Williams high even though they had Corey Dillon on board? Think again. Williams single-handedly won games for them this year.

The Patriots didn't "improve" by taking Maroney high even though they had Corey Dillon on board? Think again. Maroney single-handedly won games for them this year (running the ball and in special teams).

The Falcons didn't "improve" by taking Jerrious Norwood in the 3rd even though they had Warrick Dunn and TJ Duckett on board? Think again. Norwood single-handedly won games for them this year.

Well if you want to be technical neither the panthers/jags or falcons improved this year, as they all finished with worse records then they did in 2005. The pats and saints would've been the better examples.

I think people kind of overreact, and to some extent, misunderstand McGahee. To get pissed about the things he says, is kind of silly. It is like getting mad a mentally challanged individual for saying stupid things. The guy is obviously not the brightest in the world, or, possibly, he wants to force a trade out of Buffalo. Not the end of the world.

I think the Bills can win with him, but, if he is gone, it won't upset me too much. I think he is a good, slightly above average, running back, who can get better. I think his on-field problems lie with motivation. Maybe playing in Buffalo will never motivate him. However, I don't know that. There are times when he plays better than I expect, and shows a spark....

Well the bottom line (and what I'm trying to get at) is that WITHOUT those players, they probably would have been worse... so in essence these rookies ended up being major contributors from the get-go and played critical roles in some of the team's wins.

And you're absolutely correct -- New Orleans is a great example.

Well if you want to be technical neither the panthers/jags or falcons improved this year, as they all finished with worse records then they did in 2005. The pats and saints would've been the better examples.

I hope McGahee has a monster year this year. Then we can slap a franchise tag on him and trade him the following year for hopefully a second rounder (while at the same time drafting his replacement).

I also wouldn't be opposed at seeing the Bills make a run at Chris Brown this free agency period. Might be a good guy in the interim and could stay healthy if he split carries.

Even better, I'd love to send a 5th or 6th round pick over to Washington to get TJ Duckett. :bag:

In fact that's partly my point. A team like the Pats can benefit greatly from an additional back to take some of the pressure off their main guy and maybe supplant him at some point soon. But teams that aren't as stacked and/or well coached as the Pats may suffer from sending picks after a position where they already have an adequate performer. What does it matter if you're set at running back if your OL can't consistently get a push or your defense is giving up game-consuming drives?

Like I said, 3rd round pick? Fine. First two rounds, no way. If necessary we can do that next year.

Willis could watch his actions more. If the Bills dropped him because of babies' daddie stuff, I can see why. He could really be a role model and embrace the city that put so much faith in him, but people here like the punter better than him.

Willis could watch his actions more. If the Bills dropped him because of babies' daddie stuff, I can see why. He could really be a role model and embrace the city that put so much faith in him, but people here like the punter better than him.

In fairness, we like the punter better than most of the other players on the team.

Unless you have an acceptable replacement, I'm against letting him go. Willis isn't the brightest or best back in the league but he's who we have now. Unless you have a better plan than Shaud Williams and the A train.... No thanks.

T_R

We can't possibly trade WM! He's the ONLY RB in the world. If we don't have him then Buffalo will never be competitive again. We MUST keep him. No if, ands or buts! Get real. Nobody is suggesting to let him go for no compensation, just get him replaced.

I'm not impressed by Willis thus far on or off the field but I do believe he has the physical talent to be very good. The heart and the mind I am not too sure about. However, young immature players like Willis often grow up during their NFL careers so maybe the lightbulb can still be illuminated for Willis. If I'm Marv, I'd approach a contract extension as follows.

Write a new deal that extends him a few years. Instead of front loading the money, put in a big roster bonus each year. That way he's playing for a contract each year. If the guy gets his head on straight and consistently performs, he stays a Bill and gets paid very well. If not he can be cut or traded without salary cap baggage and he becomes an UFA. The player and agent won't like it, but it's fair to both sides.

I remember when Jerome Bettis was run out of St. Louis. His behavior early in his career made him a cancer to that team and their fans. Over time he really became a class act on and off the field. Had a pretty good career in Pittsburgh. Would hate to see Willis run out of town only to right the ship shortly thereafter. I'm not sure he has it in him, but if he's motivated the right way and get's some mentoring he might surprise all of us. If I were him I'd start by getting a new agent. One that coaches his clients better on the "taking the high road".

You guys have zero idea as to what kind of person Willis is mentally. You guys are on his jock because of the negative press he has gotten. He has like 3 kids and he made one statement about Buffalo moving and you guys are in a uproar. Eric Moulds has more kids then Willis by different mothers and I bet people here still like him.

Last year it was JP who sucked now it is Willis. Every friggin year people have to find someone to jump on.

Willis isn't the best back but he is good. Say what you will about his mentallity or his heart. The guy played with Broken ribs, had to learn behind a new line where defenses knew which side he would run on.

Willis lost 15 pounds in the offseason to be a faster running back. If he didn't have heart or want to be in the NFL he would have sat on his ass like Mike Williams.