Plead with Ralph

Is there any way we can plead with Ralph to sign Nate? Tell him to pay whatever it takes because in the long run, he'll have less holes to fill with other free agent picks (and ultimately spend less!) and the fans will sell out games because they know the Bills mean business! Does he have an e-mail address? I know Marv will do what it takes because he knows what it takes to win.

FA's are beginning to sign with their old teams. Nate wants to stay. Let's force Ralph's hand. I still can't over Phat Pat leaving.

Is there any way we can plead with Ralph to sign Nate? Tell him to pay whatever it takes because in the long run, he'll have less holes to fill with other free agent picks (and ultimately spend less!) and the fans will sell out games because they know the Bills mean business! Does he have an e-mail address? I know Marv will do what it takes because he knows what it takes to win.

FA's are beginning to sign with their old teams. Nate wants to stay. Let's force Ralph's hand. I still can't over Phat Pat leaving.

I am having alot of trouble believing Nate wants to be a Bill. Seems like he wants to play for a big market team. I would love to have him back but all sign from last years draft seem to point to his exit rather than breaking the bank for him. If we could get a good DT with half the money we were going to pay him then I think we would be better off. A really good DT can make a CB job alot easier.

That is stupid to say with our cap situation there is no excuse not to sign him. If he doesnt want to play for us that is that. & if you think Wilson has the pockets to outspend Danny Boy in DC your nuts. The time to get Clements done was before the season started. Unfortunately, he had such a crappy 2005, I dont blame Levy for not throwing $14 mill bonus at him over the summer. It is going to take at least 18 mill in upfront money now. Im sorry, but I have a tough time giving the playmaker that kind of loot. BTW, if you do give Clements that kind of money, you realize that is it for FA for the bills this offseason. Wilson wont have anymore money no matter what the bills cap situation is.

I think Asante Samuel will be a free agent. We could get him.

That is stupid to say with our cap situation there is no excuse not to sign him. If he doesnt want to play for us that is that. & if you think Wilson has the pockets to outspend Danny Boy in DC your nuts. The time to get Clements done was before the season started. Unfortunately, he had such a crappy 2005, I dont blame Levy for not throwing $14 mill bonus at him over the summer. It is going to take at least 18 mill in upfront money now. Im sorry, but I have a tough time giving the playmaker that kind of loot. BTW, if you do give Clements that kind of money, you realize that is it for FA for the bills this offseason. Wilson wont have anymore money no matter what the bills cap situation is.

You make some good points, but you need to chill a bit.

I'm all for an on line petition. Someone needs to set this up and really lay out the case on why Nate must be resigned.

no player is worth that kind of money. It is a team game. All parts must play together to be a winner. Champ Bailey, as good as he is, still hasn't seen the Super Bowl with Denver. Making the playoffs should not be the goal. Making and winning the Superbowl should.

Stoping the run on defense will go a long way toward that goal. Spend the money on runn stoppers, Then the pass rush can cause hurries on third down to force turnovers by the secondary. assante Samuel is said to not be in the same class as Clements, yet he had a banner year, because the opposition was forced to throw ill advised passes.

As much as I would like to have clements, I wouldn't break the bank for him.

no player is worth that kind of money. It is a team game. All parts must play together to be a winner. Champ Bailey, as good as he is, still hasn't seen the Super Bowl with Denver. Making the playoffs should not be the goal. Making and winning the Superbowl should.

Stoping the run on defense will go a long way toward that goal. Spend the money on runn stoppers, Then the pass rush can cause hurries on third down to force turnovers by the secondary. assante Samuel is said to not be in the same class as Clements, yet he had a banner year, because the opposition was forced to throw ill advised passes.

As much as I would like to have clements, I wouldn't break the bank for him.

you have high aspirations, sir. as for me, i'll be doing cartwheels down the street if the bills are able to sneak in as the second wild card next year.

I'm not going to plead with Ralph, but I'll tell you what I will do. I have a deposit down on seasons for next year. If he does something in the free agent market (meaning sign a big free agent or re-up Nate, then I'll pay the rest. If he doesn't, then I'll get a refund.

Ralph has said this season that he has put a lousy product on the field for seven years and doesn't blame the fans. Well, time to put a better product out there.

I'm not going to plead with Ralph, but I'll tell you what I will do. I have a deposit down on seasons for next year. If he does something in the free agent market (meaning sign a big free agent or re-up Nate, then I'll pay the rest. If he doesn't, then I'll get a refund.

Ralph has said this season that he has put a lousy product on the field for seven years and doesn't blame the fans. Well, time to put a better product out there.

You make the exact point I was looking for. Ralph better pony up the money if he expect fans to show up every Sunday. I think the fans are tired of losing class A free agents and acquiring useless class B FAs. If you really, really want to win and stop the BS rhetoric, he BETTER spend the money and use up his cap space (including resigning Lee and JP). Signing Nate will go a long way to insure us of some happy future. Forget finding DTs in Free agency. There are none to sign. You have to draft one inside the first two rounds. If you lose Nate, now you will have to draft a CB anyway and fill another major vacancy. I will accept overpaying Nate for big $$ and maybe one other player in FA--a linebacker. Forget the guards as well--they never work out in Free agency.

You make the exact point I was looking for. Ralph better pony up the money if he expect fans to show up every Sunday. I think the fans are tired of losing class A free agents and acquiring useless class B FAs. If you really, really want to win and stop the BS rhetoric, he BETTER spend the money and use up his cap space (including resigning Lee and JP). Signing Nate will go a long way to insure us of some happy future. Forget finding DTs in Free agency. There are none to sign. You have to draft one inside the first two rounds. If you lose Nate, now you will have to draft a CB anyway and fill another major vacancy. I will accept overpaying Nate for big $$ and maybe one other player in FA--a linebacker. Forget the guards as well--they never work out in Free agency.

Why does he have to resign JP & Lee. Losman has 2 yrs left on his contract & Evans has three.

Why does every think we will be able to sign all these big names just because we have cap space. Cap space means sh*t if you don't have the revenue to back it up. How is Ralph going to spend to the cap if he doesn't have the revenue to pay it? Its not going to help having 4 blacked out games this year where he didn't make full money on ticket sales, and advertising, etc.

As for Nate, I don't see the Bills being able to sign him since they would have to sign him before the start of FA, and he is giving the impression he wants to test the market.

Why does every think we will be able to sign all these big names just because we have cap space. Cap space means sh*t if you don't have the revenue to back it up. How is Ralph going to spend to the cap if he doesn't have the revenue to pay it? Its not going to help having 4 blacked out games this year where he didn't make full money on ticket sales, and advertising, etc.

As for Nate, I don't see the Bills being able to sign him since they would have to sign him before the start of FA, and he is giving the impression he wants to test the market.

I believe all the TV money that is shared covers the entire cost of the salary cap.

Where Ralph lacks is the actual cash flow to make the payments on signing bonuses. Sure you can prorate bonuses against the cap throughout the life of the contract, but that money still needs to be paid up front.

Danny snyder can hand a player 25 mil in SB and not blink. ralph simply doesnt have the cash flow that these other franchises have.

You have to manage your cap $ with the knowledge of knowing you will have to lock these guys up with big contracts. This year is the year to do it with JP, next year with Lee.

I would think after next year would be the year to do it with JP. Evans I wouldnt mind extending right now, the guy is a superstar.