Weather Channel Taken Over By Liberals!

What's next, steroids on ESPN? BTW, look at the bottom the page at the key chains they are selling to the WND readers. ROTFLMAO!! Mega Dittos!

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53636

Con job at The Weather Channel

Posted: January 5, 2007

1:00 a.m. Eastern

This week Americans observed a national day of mourning (I'm speaking not of President Ford's funeral, but rather the day that Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi seized power in Congress).

Far-left political ideologies are being promulgated through ever-increasing mediums, and recently I noticed that a once-vaunted American television network, The Weather Channel, had succumbed to the cancerous spread of liberalism.

That is some funny stuff, particularly this gem:

The network is running advertisements showcasing scared and confused Americans, including children and senior citizens, wondering about the coming apocalypse...

and then advertising "Nuke Alert" keychains. Hey dude - I don't think you'll need the radiation monitor - you'll know you're toast when you see the flash and are incinerated by the shock wave of million-degree heat that follows (if you're at a distance the mushroom cloud will serve as a good indicator).

That is some funny stuff, particularly this gem:

and then advertising "Nuke Alert" keychains. Hey dude - I don't think you'll need the radiation monitor - you'll know you're toast when you see the flash and are incinerated by the shock wave of million-degree heat that follows (if you're at a distance the mushroom cloud will serve as a good indicator).

I live and work close enough to primary targets so I doubt i'd feel the burn or even see the flash.

There is no global warming.

The ice caps naturally melt every 65,000 years or so. Of course I have a

theory that humans rediscover the combustion engine every 65,000 years

or so, too.

I took a walk the other day in 56 degree weather (F). Usually in this time of the year it's below 0. God Bless Global Warming :bag:

There is no global warming.

The ice caps naturally melt every 65,000 years or so. Of course I have a

theory that humans rediscover the combustion engine every 65,000 years

or so, too.

So there is global warming but its not caused by man, I think you mean? When I was learning about the Industrail Revolution in England, one of the causes is attributed to an unusually warm decade in like the 1740's which allowed for greater agricultural output and a rise in population. Can't say that warming was man made. So count me as a skeptic of man made climate change, but I am willing to listen. Not sure we could turn back the clock even if we were doing it.

So there is global warming but its not caused by man, I think you mean? When I was learning about the Industrail Revolution in England, one of the causes is attributed to an unusually warm decade in like the 1740's which allowed for greater agricultural output and a rise in population. Can't say that warming was man made. So count me as a skeptic of man made climate change, but I am willing to listen. Not sure we could turn back the clock even if we were doing it.

I am planning on buying more land near my van by the Allegheny river. Once those ice caps go, I'll be selling Van lots to those poor underwater schmucks from Manhattan.

Talking to the local farmers - especially the ones at the local Organic Farm near my Van down by the river - the big worry is that the ground won't get a hard freeze this year, meaning grubs and beetles are going to love all the produce this summer.

Rest assured, if the rising waters don't kill us, the super grubs might.

That's natural variation.

The post you were refering to is wrong - the caps do not melt regularly. In fact, the way we know about the atmosphere in geologic times is by looking at the oxygen content etc in polar ice cores - the deeper, the older. They don't go away. Antarctica has been frozen for about 20 million years. I'm not sure about the arctic, but I'm guessing that the north pole has been frozen for at least 4 million years, probably 6.

The poster might have been thinking about the ebb and flow of the ice ages. If so, we are actually in the warm summer part of the cycle, and a long one at that. That's the root of the observation popularized a few decades ago that - absent something breaking the cycle - based on the pattern, the earth should otherwise be slipping back into another 30,000 year ice age within a thousand years or so.

Global warming is sometihng that simply occurring. There are hundreds and thousands of climate cycles that are occurring and affecting the climate. If we cut all carbon emissions, the temps would still be rising. Sure, humans arent helping, but to think that we are the driving force behind "global warming" is laughable.

For the past 10 years astronomers who study the sun have said reported that the sun is emitting more and more heat radiation as the years progress. The sun is the obvious answer, but it's more comforting to blame global warming on ourselves (or other people). Because if the the sun is the culprit, there's nothing we can do about it, and who wants to feel impotent when you can point fingers at people, it's funner.

Woolley

The woman who runs the weekly global warming propoganda fest on the Weather Channel has stated she wants the organization that certifies TV meterologists to pull the certification of anyone that doesn't agree with her!

More info on Wacka's point:

The Weather Channel Mess

January 18, 2007 | James Spann | Op/Ed

Well, well. Some “climate expert” on “The Weather Channel” wants to take away AMS certification from those of us who believe the recent “global warming” is a natural process. So much for “tolerance”, huh?

I have been in operational meteorology since 1978, and I know dozens and dozens of broadcast meteorologists all over the country. Our big job: look at a large volume of raw data and come up with a public weather forecast for the next seven days. I do not know of a single TV meteorologist who buys into the man-made global warming hype. I know there must be a few out there, but I can’t find them. Here are the basic facts you need to know:

*Billions of dollars of grant money is flowing into the pockets of those on the man-made global warming bandwagon. No man-made global warming, the money dries up. This is big money, make no mistake about it. Always follow the money trail and it tells a story. Even the lady at “The Weather Channel” probably gets paid good money for a prime time show on climate change. No man-made global warming, no show, and no salary. Nothing wrong with making money at all, but when money becomes the motivation for a scientific conclusion, then we have a problem. For many, global warming is a big cash grab.

*The climate of this planet has been changing since God put the planet here. It will always change, and the warming in the last 10 years is not much difference than the warming we saw in the 1930s and other decades. And, lets not forget we are at the end of the ice age in which ice covered most of North America and Northern Europe.

If you don’t like to listen to me, find another meteorologist with no tie to grant money for research on the subject. I would not listen to anyone that is a politician, a journalist, or someone in science who is generating revenue from this issue.

In fact, I encourage you to listen to WeatherBrains episode number 12, featuring Alabama State Climatologist John Christy, and WeatherBrains episode number 17, featuring Dr. William Gray of Colorado State University, one of the most brilliant minds in our science.

WeatherBrains, by the way, is our weekly 30 minute netcast.

I have nothing against “The Weather Channel”, but they have crossed the line into a political and cultural region where I simply won’t go.

http://www.jamesspann.com/blog.htm

http://www.abc3340.com/news/talent.hrb?i=188

The Weather Channel is evil, but Accuweather (who Rick Santorum supported), tried to get all National Weather Service data to not be released because they were doing it for free, and the same data Accuweather charged for, they didn't cross into any political or cultural regions. :blink:

I find it humerous that people think that there are still enterprises in the US which aren't affected by politics.

The Weather Channel is evil, but Accuweather (who Rick Santorum supported), tried to get all National Weather Service data to not be released because they were doing it for free, and the same data Accuweather charged for, they didn't cross into any political or cultural regions. :thumbsup:

I find it humerous that people think that there are still enterprises in the US which aren't affected by politics.

I'm just surprised that Santorum doesn't think that trying to predict the weather is some form of blasphemy.

What's next, steroids on ESPN? BTW, look at the bottom the page at the key chains they are selling to the WND readers. ROTFLMAO!! Mega Dittos!

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53636

Con job at The Weather Channel

Posted: January 5, 2007

1:00 a.m. Eastern

This week Americans observed a national day of mourning (I'm speaking not of President Ford's funeral, but rather the day that Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi seized power in Congress).

Far-left political ideologies are being promulgated through ever-increasing mediums, and recently I noticed that a once-vaunted American television network, The Weather Channel, had succumbed to the cancerous spread of liberalism.

I thought at first this was from "The Onion", but it's "WorldNetDaily" - same thing. Now I see, from the responses, that there are people here who actually buy into WorldNetDaily and think that global warming is bull sh-- .

I am officially creeped out.

I thought at first this was from "The Onion", but it's "WorldNetDaily" - same thing. Now I see, from the responses, that there are people here who actually buy into WorldNetDaily and think that global warming is bull sh-- .

Creeped out becuase someone has a different opinion than you?

So "tolerant".....

..and think that global warming is bull sh-- .

It would be helpful if the argument is stated properly. I don't think that you will find many versed people not acknowledging that the Earth's temperature has been rising. The argument, though is how much of that temperature change has been caused by humans, versus the natural climate cycles of the Earth, the Sun and the Universe.