It looks like the Dolphins will lose the home game

Albany,n.y.

Ooh, would that ever put a crimp in Pinto Ken's travel schedule.

On second thought, no, it probably wouldn't... :flirt:

My thought exactly - how the hell would the pinto get to GB? Ann the museaum of foodstuffs would certainly never clear customs quarantine for perishable items (even if they've already perished). Also, where would he get that much ketchup? The Brits generally don't use the stuff.

My thought exactly - how the hell would the pinto get to GB? Ann the museaum of foodstuffs would certainly never clear customs quarantine for perishable items (even if they've already perished). Also, where would he get that much ketchup? The Brits generally don't use the stuff.

As long as it's classified as an away game he wouldn't have to worry about the Pinto, just getting the bowling ball and that evil cough-syrup-smelling stuff there in one piece. No ketchup at most away games, either.

But if it's officially designated a home game? That could be tough.

The Dolphins' opponent will be either the New York Giants or Buffalo Bills, but sources told The Sports Xchange the league is leaning toward having the Giants be the other team in the game.
Good, I hope it's the Giants... Bills don't need to be traveling that far in the regular season.

As long as it's classified as an away game he wouldn't have to worry about the Pinto, just getting the bowling ball and that evil cough-syrup-smelling stuff there in one piece. No ketchup at most away games, either.

But if it's officially designated a home game? That could be tough.

Can you "carry on" a bowling ball??

Good, I hope it's the Giants... Bills don't need to be traveling that far in the regular season.

Early indications (at least what I saw yesterday) were that the NFL was leaning towards the Giants.

That's fine by me...I want the Bills to be in the national spotlight, but just not this way.

Early indications (at least what I saw yesterday) were that the NFL was leaning towards the Giants.

That's fine by me...I want the Bills to be in the national spotlight, but just not this way.

Actually playing a road game in Europe might not be bad...it will take away the "home crowd" factor away (unless you are playing the steelers on a neutral site).

My feeling lately is that why not play in Europe next season and get it over with for a while...looks like virtually every team will go overseas in the next ten years or so, in order to sell more Ray Lewis jerseys, Terrel Owens t-shirts, and dopey-looking "Draft Day" hats. :pirate:

Actually playing a road game in Europe might not be bad...it will take away the "home crowd" factor away (unless you are playing the steelers on a neutral site).

True, but my point was that I don't see the need (other than the NFL milking the world for the almighty $) for games to be played outside the US...especially overseas. I'm a big traditionalist in this regard, though I can see games being played in Canada or Mexico, given their proximity to the mainland.

I think it really hurts a team, logistically speaking. After watching the Yankees make a jaunt to Japan for the beginning of the 2004 season, it probably took them a week to get themselves "back to normal" - this included jet lag, recovering from injuries and bizarre illnesses, and the stress of the spotlight around the whole trip.

Granted, baseball is different than football, but I still can see some problems after a team returns from Europe. Would they play this game early in the season (like the opening Thursday night game)? That would seem to make the most sense - or at least on a particular Thursday night during the season....likely covered by a network that nobody gets, too.

My feeling lately is that why not play in Europe next season and get it over with for a while...looks like virtually every team will go overseas in the next ten years or so, in order to sell more Ray Lewis jerseys, Terrel Owens t-shirts, and dopey-looking "Draft Day" hats. :pirate:

Ever think we MAY know a thing or two about football in Europe??!! Is is really that hard to ask for a little respect??

In those "games in Europe" threads i'm really amazed by the selfishness and the arrogance of most posters... Europe is yet a major market for the NFL, it's about time we may receive something back from all the money we give them yet!!

Ever think we MAY know a thing or two about football in Europe??!! Is is really that hard to ask for a little respect??

In those "games in Europe" threads i'm really amazed by the selfishness and the arrogance of most posters... Europe is yet a major market for the NFL, it's about time we may receive something back from all the money we give them yet!!

Come on you already go NFL Europe.........what more do you want!

I think preseason games are fine in Europe but, NFL regular season games? I think its unfair for an NFL team to lose profits from a home game, I also think its unfair that they only get 7 home games all year when the rest of the league gets 8. Home games in the NFL are HUGE come playoff time and when its time to pay the players as well.

But like I said I have no problem with preseason games in Europe, just regular season games I do.

I'm interested in what the timing of the game will be. I assume it'll play to a prime time audience over here. With the 5 hour time difference, it'd be played at midnight over there.

Maybe they'd simply make it a 4PM game which would be a 9PM start there.

I hope they do... we might actually get a game broadcast in HD!

i'm really amazed by the selfishness and the arrogance of most posters...

Damn, you know you're in trouble when someone from France calls you arrogant. It's like Paris Hilton calling you a whore. Rosie O'Donnell calling you a fatass. Terrell Owens calling you a moron. Tony Kornheiser making fun of your hair.

Well, you get the point.

It's going to be against either us or the Giants.

http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/817615/detail.html

And it looks like it will be the Giants according to N.Y. Daily News. The $$$ men have been pushing for the higher profile Giants for a year.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...1p-410855c.html

Come on you already go NFL Europe.........what more do you want!

I think preseason games are fine in Europe but, NFL regular season games? I think its unfair for an NFL team to lose profits from a home game, I also think its unfair that they only get 7 home games all year when the rest of the league gets 8. Home games in the NFL are HUGE come playoff time and when its time to pay the players as well.

But like I said I have no problem with preseason games in Europe, just regular season games I do.

the NFL Europe?? Come on how can you be interested (and travel to Germany and pay good money to watch) in teams that change 90% of their players each season!

Preseason Games? Do you really even watch preseason games on TV? One quarter of starters trying to avoid injuries and three quarters of third string players?

I'm an NFL fan for 20 years, i've bought lot of merchandise, paid lot of TV money to be able to watch games, spent thousands of dollars to travel to the USA to see (3 times) games there. I know hundreds of people who have done the same. I think we deserve a little more than the NFL Europe! One regular season game a year that's all we ask !!