Buffalo Bills Trivia...

83evans83

Woohoo!

If it was the current edition of the Bills, I was thinking Larry Wilson or Carl Eller.

Wilson was my first guess, too. When KTFABD nixed that one, I had a definite attack of "WTF???" before the "hey, waitaminute..." moment kicked in a few minutes later. That Dog knows some mean tricks.

And that means I owe you (and Kelly) a round at our next get-together. From my PM to him last night:

"Never in a million years, without the HOF guide sitting right here. Hell, if anyone gets that one, I'll buy 'em anything they want from the bar. And one for you, too.."

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thin Scott Norwood scored the first points on a FG. The first TD was by Don Smith a backup RB

I have no idea on the Heisman. O.J. of course. I think they may have drafted Terry Baker from Oregon St., a QB but there may have been others before the COMMON draft. Good questions !!

Didn't the Bills draft Ernie Davis?

MVR, you were right on Norwood, and SO close on the other one. Hopper, way to finish. Davis, of course, never played a down in either the AFL or NFL before dying of leukemia. Damn shame...

Every jersey number except for one has been worn by multiple players over the years

What number is it and who is the Bill who wore it?

Kalsu is incorrect. Still out there. Not as hard as you might think, either...

From today's "Buzz" - what is wrong with this factoid? (easy one)

FACT OF THE DAY: January 12, 1992 -- NT Jeff Wright deflected a third-quarter John Elway pass that LB Carlton intercepted and returned 11 yards for Buffalo's only touchdown, as the Bills defeated the Denver Broncos 10-7 in the AFC Championship Game at Rich Stadium to advance to Super Bowl XXVI.

From today's "Buzz" - what is wrong with this factoid? (easy one)

FACT OF THE DAY: January 12, 1992 -- NT Jeff Wright deflected a third-quarter John Elway pass that LB Carlton intercepted and returned 11 yards for Buffalo's only touchdown, as the Bills defeated the Denver Broncos 10-7 in the AFC Championship Game at Rich Stadium to advance to Super Bowl XXVI.

Carlton Bailey

Also, not sure if Elway had already left the game by then with his thigh bruise.

I don't have the answer to this, and I never heard anyone explain why...but in the 1960's Bills logo, there is a player and a buffalo behind him (too lazy to look for it on google, but old-timers know what it looks like).

Anywho, the player wears number 31...and for the longest time, no player was issued number 31 until it went to J.D. Williams in the '90s (right?)...but I've never heard why the player in the logo wore number 31, and why that number was so special (sorta like the Rolling Rock "33" mystery).

Lori, Rockpile, anybody, HELP!!!

Sorry, Flanders, I am not THAT good! :pirate:

I don't have the answer to this, and I never heard anyone explain why...but in the 1960's Bills logo, there is a player and a buffalo behind him (too lazy to look for it on google, but old-timers know what it looks like).

Anywho, the player wears number 31...and for the longest time, no player was issued number 31 until it went to J.D. Williams in the '90s (right?)...but I've never heard why the player in the logo wore number 31, and why that number was so special (sorta like the Rolling Rock "33" mystery).

Lori, Rockpile, anybody, HELP!!!

I don't remember the reason behind picking #31 (although I think it was explained at one time - maybe in one of Sal Maiorana's books?), but I can understand why they didn't want an actual player wearing the number in the logo. Does anyone really consider Preston Ridlehuber -- the original #31 in 1969, and the only one before JDWilliams -- the 'face' of the franchise?

Somebody get KRC or Bob Lamb in here. They'll know. Or drop an e-mail to Sal M. ... he's not busy right now, right? :pirate:

I don't remember the reason behind picking #31 (although I think it was explained at one time - maybe in one of Sal Maiorana's books?), but I can understand why they didn't want an actual player wearing the number in the logo. Does anyone really consider Preston Ridlehuber -- the original #31 in 1969, and the only one before JDWilliams -- the 'face' of the franchise?

Somebody get KRC or Bob Lamb in here. They'll know. Or drop an e-mail to Sal M. ... he's not busy right now, right? :pirate:

What are Preston Ridlehuber's two claims to fame? Pretty easy one.