Underground Garage on Sirius

buckeyemike

The afternoon drive guy on the channel is Kid Leo, a legendary DJ here in Cleveland in the 70s and 80s on WMMS, which helped get the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame here.

I grew up listening to Kid Leo and he recently played one of the best songs I've heard in a long time...a cover of the old Johnny Cash classic "Ring of Fire" by a band called Social Distortion. After that was a song called "No More" by Bob Seger (another of my favorites). I've heard new stuff, as well as 50 year old tracks on this channel. Underground Garage plays exactly the kind of music that terrestrial radio never seems to touch, and I think a lot of credit for that goes to the program director, Steven Van Zandt...yes, Little Steven himself.

The Kid always played "Born to Run" as his last song on Fridays...he was the first DJ west of Philadelphia to play Bruce Springsteen. I was too young to see Springsteen in the mid 70s, but I understand some of his concerts at the old Cleveland Agora were unbelievable.

I simply love music...classical, rock, 80s, pop, standards...one of the reasons why I have Sirius. That, and the Blue Collar Comedy channel, which always runs Foxworthy or Engvall once an hour.