Electric or blade?

Fezmid

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you used the Mach III or the Fusion, though? I think you might be surprised at the difference if you haven't.

I've never had any particular problem with shaving. I shave last thing in the shower, and take short strokes, like a barber using a straight razor.

Started out with Gillette double-edge Thin blades, and went through Blue Blades, Super Blue blades, Stainless Steel blades, a Wilkerson Sword injector razor, Atra, and Trac II. I have tried a Mach III blade - Gillette occasionally packages one with their Trac II's. It was ok.

I've never had any particular problem with shaving. I shave last thing in the shower, and take short strokes, like a barber using a straight razor.

Started out with Gillette double-edge Thin blades, and went through Blue Blades, Super Blue blades, Stainless Steel blades, a Wilkerson Sword injector razor, Atra, and Trac II. I have tried a Mach III blade - Gillette occasionally packages one with their Trac II's. It was ok.

Ah, okay....shaving has always been problematic for me...maybe that's why I find the difference so much bigger.

Thanks for bringing this up. I would like to use electric. Gillette cartridges are getting hella !@#$ing expensive. And the electrics I see, for the most part, tend to advertise that the blade discs last a year.

If this Braun electric really is the !@#$ing sh--, then I will have to consider it. And no, when it comes to blades, I'm not considering downgrading from the Fusion, either. They are the best blade.

Sidebar: how long should you go before you switch blades. I can not find this information anywhere. I know Gillette is not going to tell you, or, if they were, they would say after each use, but can anyone answer this for me? I mean for just shaving your face, too. not neck, legs, weener, armpits, toungue or anything else, just normal use. This has been bugging me for years. There was an attempt to answer this on TBD a couple of years ago, but I can't remember Drew Bledsoe's name much less what people wrote back then. I suck major !@#$ when it comes to remembering stuff like that.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for bringing this up. I would like to use electric. Gillette cartridges are getting hella !@#$ing expensive. And the electrics I see, for the most part, tend to advertise that the blade discs last a year.

If this Braun electric really is the !@#$ing sh--, then I will have to consider it. And no, when it comes to blades, I'm not considering downgrading from the Fusion, either. They are the best blade.

Sidebar: how long should you go before you switch blades. I can not find this information anywhere. I know Gillette is not going to tell you, or, if they were, they would say after each use, but can anyone answer this for me? I mean for just shaving your face, too. not neck, legs, weener, armpits, toungue or anything else, just normal use. This has been bugging me for years. There was an attempt to answer this on TBD a couple of years ago, but I can't remember Drew Bledsoe's name much less what people wrote back then. I suck major !@#$ when it comes to remembering stuff like that.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

For me, i dont really have a set "time" between blade changes. i tend to go strictly on feel. When shaving really irritates me then its time to change the blade. If i had to give a rough estimate...

i shave about 2x per week (combination laziness and i dont need to shave every day) and i probably change my blade 3x per year. Of course, i also am a broke ass grad student, so i cant exactly afford to change my blade very often.

Of course, i also am a broke ass grad student, so i cant exactly afford to change my blade very often.

They are definitely pricey!

I almost got busted in college stealing blades. I was grocery shopping, and grabbed some blades, and was like "$18 bucks!!! Goddam these things are expensive." Then I slipped them into my jacket pocket. As I finished my shopping and was walking toward the register, my conscience got the better of me and I said, "What am I doing? This is stupid, I'm not stealing razors." So I took them out of my pocket and threw them in my cart.

I went through the line, paid, and as everything was bagged up and I was ready to push the cart out, there's two guys walking right at me and say, "Can we have a word with you please?" They told me to leave my cart, and one walks in front of me, one behind, and they take me into a back room, with all of the video screens from the cameras in the store. They have me zoomed in on camera sliding the razors into my pocket, and then they said "Please empty your pockets."

I said I did do that, and I was going to steal them, but I thought better of it. I emptied my pockets, showed them the receipt, and they said I made a good move. Would've been a $100 fine and banishment from the store, plus no razors!

They are definitely pricey!

I almost got busted in college stealing blades. I was grocery shopping, and grabbed some blades, and was like "$18 bucks!!! Goddam these things are expensive." Then I slipped them into my jacket pocket. As I finished my shopping and was walking toward the register, my conscience got the better of me and I said, "What am I doing? This is stupid, I'm not stealing razors." So I took them out of my pocket and threw them in my cart.

I went through the line, paid, and as everything was bagged up and I was ready to push the cart out, there's two guys walking right at me and say, "Can we have a word with you please?" They told me to leave my cart, and one walks in front of me, one behind, and they take me into a back room, with all of the video screens from the cameras in the store. They have me zoomed in on camera sliding the razors into my pocket, and then they said "Please empty your pockets."

I said I did do that, and I was going to steal them, but I thought better of it. I emptied my pockets, showed them the receipt, and they said I made a good move. Would've been a $100 fine and banishment from the store, plus no razors!

about 4 years ago, i found mach 3 blades on sale at BJ's. IT was 24 blades for $20. I snapped that up, and i am still working on that package of blades.

Ok, I bought the Fusion at Target today, so we'll see how that works. If Braun offered a full refund if I didn't like the razer, I'd try the electric, but based on what people say about electric, I don't want to spend that kind of cash on something that might not work as well as I want it to...

Thanks all.

Ok, I bought the Fusion at Target today, so we'll see how that works. If Braun offered a full refund if I didn't like the razer, I'd try the electric, but based on what people say about electric, I don't want to spend that kind of cash on something that might not work as well as I want it to...

Thanks all.

The Lego version, eh? Nice bump. :flirt: