Electric or blade?

Fezmid

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few flicks of the Fusion in the shower and I'm smooth as a baby's arse. That being said, the only electric I've ever used in the past that was worth a damn was a Braun.

A few flicks of the Fusion in the shower and I'm smooth as a baby's arse. That being said, the only electric I've ever used in the past that was worth a damn was a Braun.

I endorse shaving in the shower as well. I bought a mirror that suctions to my bathroom tiles so I can see what I'm doing. I use a Mach 3.

I was a big blade guy, then when I got into residency I needed to cut down my morning prep time, so I switched to electric. I've been happy with it.

Blades give a much closer, smoother shave, but it's time consuming and there's a lot of cleanup. If you don't have really thick whiskers, electric should be fine. But I agree that you need to use it for a little while until your face gets used to it. Braun makes good shavers, that's what I've always used.

I endorse shaving in the shower as well. I bought a mirror that suctions to my bathroom tiles so I can see what I'm doing. I use a Mach 3.

A lot of people don't realize, but Gillette spend MILLIONS on research for the mach III back in the 90s. They wanted to basically set themselves apart from other companies by designing the perfect blade razor. I remember the very first time I used one, it was truly a revelation. Anyone who has a 'manly' beard and sensitive skin can relate to how important a great shave really is. I've used a couple of the schick 'multi blade' products cause they send them to me from time to time, but they are absolute crap. I use the fusion because it's just more of a good thing, but the Mach III was such a leap forward in shaving comfort that it was ridiculous.

I thought the battery thing was kinda dumb until I tried it...now I wouldn't be w/out

A lot of people don't realize, but Gillette spend MILLIONS on research for the mach III back in the 90s. They wanted to basically set themselves apart from other companies by designing the perfect blade razor. I remember the very first time I used one, it was truly a revelation. Anyone who has a 'manly' beard and sensitive skin can relate to how important a great shave really is. I've used a couple of the schick 'multi blade' products cause they send them to me from time to time, but they are absolute crap. I use the fusion because it's just more of a good thing, but the Mach III was such a leap forward in shaving comfort that it was ridiculous.

I thought the battery thing was kinda dumb until I tried it...now I wouldn't be w/out

Really? I have a heavy beard, and those quattro ones I bought cheap work well. I usually use store-brand trac II's or the two-blade disposables. I shave in the shower - and that makes a difference...

Really? I have a heavy beard, and those quattro ones I bought cheap work well. I usually use store-brand trac II's or the two-blade disposables. I shave in the shower - and that makes a difference...

Have you used the Mach III or the Fusion, though? I think you might be surprised at the difference if you haven't.